IGNORED

Don't Want Johnson

Mrdc

Please don't comment on things you are clearly uninformed to comment on.

1. The poxy little team in Somerset beat Ipswich (Premiership promotion hopefuls) away on the same night we were losing at home to Barnet (newly promoted from the Conference).

They also narrowly lost 3-2 away at Charlton (decent Premiership side) earlier this year, whilst last year they lost only 2-0 at home to Liverpool (European Champions).

Four or five years ago whilst they were still in the Conference they lost only 2-1 away at Bolton (decent Premiership side). This all strikes me as both experience of making a team play above their level.

And of course its underpinned by a solid record of successive promotions playing good attacking football and winning a lot of admirers. What do you know that's different? Which part of this don't we want?

2. Latvia could not wait to get rid of him? Funny that, seeing as they invited him back out to Portugal for Euro 2004 to act as a coaching consultant at a major tournament.

If you don't know anything about football why open your mouth? Better to have us think you're an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it. :cool:

Touché, Olé :laugh:

Well stop coming onto other teams forums and picking arguments with city fans!

I merely defended both my club and fellow Yeovil fans in response to a rather insulting and poorly prepared (IMO) statement by your good self. And judging by the replies on this thread, I would say most City fans agree with me.

Please don't comment on things you are clearly uninformed to comment on.

1. The poxy little team in Somerset beat Ipswich (Premiership promotion hopefuls) away on the same night we were losing at home to Barnet (newly promoted from the Conference).

They also narrowly lost 3-2 away at Charlton (decent Premiership side) earlier this year, whilst last year they lost only 2-0 at home to Liverpool (European Champions).

Four or five years ago whilst they were still in the Conference they lost only 2-1 away at Bolton (decent Premiership side). This all strikes me as experience of making a team play above their level.

And of course its underpinned by a solid record of successive promotions playing good attacking football and winning a lot of admirers. What do you know that's different? Which part of this don't we want?

2. Latvia could not wait to get rid of him? Funny that, seeing as they invited him back out to Portugal for Euro 2004 to act as a coaching consultant at a major tournament.

If you don't know anything about football why open your mouth? Better to have us think you're an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it.

And you claim to be a city supporter???

You sound more like a spin doctor for Yeovil Town. Maybe you should start supporting them if your in love with them so much!!!

I merely defended both my club and fellow Yeovil fans in response to a rather insulting and poorly prepared (IMO) statement by your good self. And judging by the replies on this thread, I would say most City fans agree with me.

There really is no need to start throwing your toys out of your pram. I am only trying to put forward my argument in a polite way!

Guest routabout
I just feel there are better people out there who could do a better job and thankfully we live in a democracy and I can come on here and speak my mind!!

And I can come on here and scratch my arse. I still don't see what good it does anybody, apart from me, though.

There really is no need to start throwing your toys out of your pram. I am only trying to put forward my argument in a polite way!

With all due respect, it was anything but polite as you indicated we are not 'real' fans and Yeovil is in a poxy little town.

I didn't throw anything. You did, however, by branding me arrogant and having delusions of grandeur when I correctly pointed out your misplaced theories.

This will be my last point to you on this.

With all due respect, it was anything but polite as you indicated we are not 'real' fans and Yeovil is in a poxy little town.

I didn't throw anything. You did, however, by branding me arrogant and having delusions of grandeur when I correctly pointed out your misplaced theories.

This will be my last point to you on this.

See ya :dance:

To be honest I really don't know what all the fuss is about with this bloke!

He comes over as being really annoying and irritating in radio interviews.

He has no real experience of managing a big club like ours, his only real experience is some poxy little team in Somerset and don't forget Latvia could not wait to get rid of him.

This job has real pressure and real fans, I think he is going to be out of his depth.

If you read this Mr. Johnson, please don't come as I can only see it all ending in tears.

Got to disagree with this. Whenever he comes on the radio he talks sense to me. If they lose he is annoyed but not angry and when they win he doesn't get too carried away. He doesn't over-react to things and is level-headed. He hasn't managed higher than league 1- true but neither has Martin Allen but most people wouldn't mind him here. I'm confident Johnson could do well in the chmapionship. He knows how to work well with limited funds and quality- what we need looking at the sitaution. Our 'fancy dan players' are far more likely to respond to him having seen what he done with Yeovil- frankly its a miracle from where they were 5 years ago.

And you claim to be a city supporter???

You sound more like a spin doctor for Yeovil Town. Maybe you should start supporting them if your in love with them so much!!!

Yes, I claim to be a City supporter, and a better and more intelligent one than you. I actually watch games and understand what is going on, rather than running up and down the aisles with a packed lunch like you.

If having half a clue about football and knowing about Yeovil Town classes me as a 'spin doctor for Yeovil Town', then you must feel like you are surrounded by an awful lot of people who are doing PR for having a brain.

Shouldn't you be at school or something? Perhaps if you'd stayed there beyond primary school you'd realise it was 'you're in love' not 'your in love' and that a four year record of P 221 W116 D46 L59 is pretty good.

By the way, 'mrdc' is not the correct spelling of Neil. Someone really should have told you by now.

we are a poxy team, they have progressed over the last 3 years, we have stayed level, no actually, we are sinking.

He cannot be half as annoying as a fan who slags him off before he gets here. He has run an academy, coached internationally, taken a conference side above our poxy team, and all on a budget that would not even pay one third of our squad.

Latvia actually rate him highly, he is welcomed back there on a regualr basis.

I suggest you no longer come to AG as the club need supporters, not people starting to have a go before he even signs a contract.

Thye attitude of so called city fans never ceases to amaze me. Go and support Chelsea.

Good point, well made!

Guest scrumpy dare

a big club like ours, mate i don't know if u have noticed but we are lying near the bottom of league 1' why do some city fans think we are bigger than chelsea the fact is we are not a big club anymore ,we have a big fan base yes but in terms of finance we aint, also we need good results to make us big but as i said we are in league 1 and wont be a big club until we get out of it

:city::city:

we are a big club, in this league.

Guest oneforthe

MRDC

You are entitled to your opinion as much as any one else and that is what the forum is about opinions.

But what do you expect the reaction to be when you go on to make foolish comments about us being a big club (potential maybe nothing more) and then you just go on an unnecessary rant.

He has no real experience of managing a big club like ours, his only real experience is some poxy little team in Somerset and don't forget Latvia could not wait to get rid of him.

This job has real pressure and real fans, I think he is going to be out of his depth.

If you read this Mr. Johnson, please don't come as I can only see it all ending in tears.

For your information mate, Latvia loved the bloke and he he widely considered as one of the key factors to their improvement in international football. He was Guest of Honour to all there games in Euro 2004

Yes, I claim to be a City supporter, and a better and more intelligent one than you. I actually watch games and understand what is going on, rather than running up and down the aisles with a packed lunch like you.

If having half a clue about football and knowing about Yeovil Town classes me as a 'spin doctor for Yeovil Town', then you must feel like you are surrounded by an awful lot of people who are doing PR for having a brain.

Shouldn't you be at school or something? Perhaps if you'd stayed there beyond primary school you'd realise it was 'you're in love' not 'your in love' and that a four year record of P 221 W116 D46 L59 is pretty good.

By the way, 'mrdc' is not the correct spelling of Neil. Someone really should have told you by now.

You have completely lost me now. I really am feeling confused and don't understand whats going on.

I doubt he's going to look at your post mate and then decide not to come , if anything it will spur him on to prove all the moaners wrong , so in theory mate what your doing is encouraging him to come here !! ..........

I say "JOHNSON IN" :englandsmile4wf:

• Admin

I'll support your right to free speech, but only if used sensibly & politely, there was no need to insult and denigrate Yeovil and to post ill-informed comment.

It's no wonder we aren't the most popular club in football's fraternity with such nonsense posted about a club that have improved year on year, to the point of now being above us.

It makes me wonder why anyone at all would want to come and manage this club, which really has got more than it's fair share of over critical 'fans'.

Nope, I am a season ticket holder and go to a fair number of away games as well! I have always found Johnson to be an iritating little dwarf and personally I don't want him.

I read something in WSC a few years back that in fact the Latvian fans really did not like him at all and really coulld not wait to see the back of him..Maybe because he's a shorty I don't know!!!!

You really do have a problem with his height don't you? And to think that standing in front of the Dolman stand he'll look even shorter than he does at Huish Park. How angry does that make you feel?

I'm so glad you are not involved in selecting the manager, size really is everything to you isn't it. Well check these out for size, two promotions (both as champions), 100 goals scored to get out of the conference and 90 to get out of League 2. They be big numbers for a little guy.

If you read this Mr. Johnson, please don't come as I can only see it all ending in tears

i see you have supported city since 1990. It really shows,what with your lack of knowledge of the game. I for one believe Gary Johnson to be the best possible appointment the club could have made. Mr lansdown, i salute you.

Nope, I am a season ticket holder and go to a fair number of away games as well! I have always found Johnson to be an iritating little dwarf and personally I don't want him.

You have to smile at what sets people off on this forum. Your comment is not as unusual as many replying to your post think it is. They percieve you as moaning before he even gets the chance post. I am still not sure he has the job (I have been away for a few days) so your comment is no differetn to those not wanting Lennie Lawrence or whoever)

Many City Fan's I know share your point of view - seasoned supporters - whereas me personally - not sure either way - but you don't desere to be criticised for making a fair observation

IPB Image

He is a manager known to get results and promotions. Thats what we need.

He is a manager with an eye for a bargain. Thats what we need.

He is a manager that above anything else, will make the players work hard in training. Big Kev is quoted as saying how hard they train and how fit he become there on loan. Thats what we need.

He has great contacts abroad. Thats what we need

So what he is coming from Yeovil. They are now playing at our level and above us - because of him

SHALL I CARRY ON?!

This is the move he has been waiting for. Clubs like Derby have been interested, and I for one am over the moon and on the ciders already at the thought of this appointment.

I really do feel he is the man for the job and very lucky to possibly have him. A no nonsense manager who will get these free loaders fitter than they have ever been.

Enjoy the run boys! :out:

:city:

You have to smile at what sets people off on this forum. Your comment is not as unusual as many replying to your post think it is. They percieve you as moaning before he even gets the chance post. I am still not sure he has the job (I have been away for a few days) so your comment is no differetn to those not wanting Lennie Lawrence or whoever)

Many City Fan's I know share your point of view - seasoned supporters - whereas me personally - not sure either way - but you don't desere to be criticised for making a fair observation

I cant beleive how easy it is to wind everybody up on here!

I will be 100% honest, I had a day off work today and a had a bit of time on my hands this morning so I thought I would post a tongue in cheek comment and I just cant beleive how everybody has got so upset at what I wrote..

I am sorry if I have upset anybod, all I have tried to do is provide a little amusement in what is currently a really nervous time whislt we wait to hear if GJ has the job.

I cant beleive how easy it is to wind everybody up on here!

I will be 100% honest, I had a day off work today and a had a bit of time on my hands this morning so I thought I would post a tongue in cheek comment and I just cant beleive how everybody has got so upset at what I wrote..

I am sorry if I have upset anybod, all I have tried to do is provide a little amusement in what is currently a really nervous time whislt we wait to hear if GJ has the job.

Yeah yeah, whatever......

This has shadows of myoudales Rougier post...

you might be an irritating little dwarf aswell, get a life, get your head out your arse and give the guy a chance, 2 promotions in 3 years doesn't sound bad to me. If you don't want him go somewhere else cause we might not want you moaning and winging like a kid whose thrown it toy out of the pram. Why don't you apply for the gas job

Archived