IGNORED

Bet The Players Are Brickin It

England

For once I agree with you England...

Not only will the players being "brickin' it at the thought of Johnson's training sessions,they'll also be worrying about their standing in the squad.

Phillips for example walks straight into the team as does Brooker,Stewart,Carey and Heywood.That won't be necessarily so under the new man..

They are going to have to earn their money with Gary cracking the whip

The "social" players vs athletes comment was superb but what really struck me was how much he store he set on personality/character, and the fact he knows how winners carry themselves.

Bring it on!

Guest hairyshamrock

I love the sound of this...! No one has anywhere to hide any more!

I think a lot of the players can make it but they need a short sharp kick up the backside first, which is a shame but there's no point making a big sweeping change through the club when i feel the heat just needs turning up under them.

Does anyone else get the feeling that if they fail to perform tomorrow, there could be a sunday morning wake up call in store....?

I bet by this time next year there will be no more than 3 Tinnion / Wilson

players left in the team :chant6ez:

I don't know. I think Tinnion has a very similar work ethic to Johnson. The difference is Johnson has the experience, respect, credentials and slightly edgy scariness to carry it through.

I think the players Tinnion brought in have it in them to respond to Johnson's methods as the criteria Tinnion looked for when bringing them in was similar. But Johnson will know how to get it out of them, which Tinnion failed to do.

Of course those that don't will be gone, but they'll be idiots as they'll never get a better chance to make the most of their abilites.

I don't know. I think Tinnion has a very similar work ethic to Johnson. The difference is Johnson has the experience, respect, credentials and slightly edgy scariness to carry it through.

I think the players Tinnion brought in have it in them to respond to Johnson's methods as the criteria Tinnion looked for when bringing them in was similar. But Johnson will know how to get it out of them, which Tinnion failed to do.

Of course those that don't will be gone, but they'll be idiots as they'll never get a better chance to make the most of their abilites.

Agree - I can't think of a first teamer who doesn't have at least the potential to be part of a promotion winning side in this division - they've all shown it in patches, it just needs to be brought out conistently.

Pretty sure Johnson enforced an alcohol ban at one stage while he was at Yeovil, maybe I'm just thinking i heard it but I'm pretty sure it is true! If so then the players are really in for it, and who wrote the post Doc on his way back? He wouldn't come back here knowing he couldn't go out on the lash for 50 grand a week!

I was on the other end of a tough coach at my Basketball training sessions and althoguh it is hard you can feel it working and working your body out and you sure can feel it at the end on your feet and legs. Hopefully he'll work the players hard, watch Coach Carter my coach was slightly like that.

Guest DELLERS:)
:D God i'm soooooooooooo ****in happy at last a manager that no's he's got to put the foot up players arses i think there are goin to be a few players sick of the sound of johnson shouting at them after a couple of days! He is exactly the sort of person we needed here now hopefully the team will go onto the pitch with a stratergy and stick to it instead of running round out of position like headless chickens!!! Come on gary give it to them :chant6ez: GARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMY :chant6ez::city:

Guest DELLERS:)
:D God i'm soooooooooooo ****in happy at last a manager that no's he's got to put the foot up players arses i think there are goin to be a few players sick of the sound of johnson shouting at them after a couple of days! He is exactly the sort of person we needed here now hopefully the team will go onto the pitch with a stratergy and stick to it instead of running round out of position like headless chickens!!! Come on gary give it to them :chant6ez: GARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMYGARY JOHNSONS RED AND WHITE ARMY :chant6ez::city:

i think this could be the best signing city have made for a long time.

A manager that the players will listen too, or they aint going to be playin, as well as someone with a good ability to motivate the team.

GJ did wonders at Yeovil with far less rescources than city should have.

Fair play to Steve L for this one i say .

:devil::devil::devil:

Guest RED EYE ADY

i think this could be the best signing city have made for a long time.

A manager that the players will listen too, or they aint going to be playin, as well as someone with a good ability to motivate the team.

GJ did wonders at Yeovil with far less rescources than city should have.

Fair play to Steve L for this one i say .

:devil::devil::devil:

god i hope so, i'm not jumping the gun here. but maybe we might be pushing for the prem by the time i'm 40!. if anyones looking for a quite night out tomorrow the waterfront looks a good bet

Watch out players someone will be watching you tomorrow

From the Press Association this morning:

SOCCER: Gary Johnson is set to assess the fitness of his Bristol City squad

before executing his plan for promotion from Coca-Cola League One.

Johnson, tipped for a bright managerial future, quit as Yeovil boss when a

compensation package was agreed between the two teams before being unveiled at

Ashton Gate.

The Robins are second bottom in the table but Johnson, after taking Yeovil

from the Nationwide Conference to League One in three seasons, believes he knows

what is required for promotion.

The 45-year-old will begin by analysing the fitness of the squad he inherited

from Brian Tinnion, who stepped down after the poor start to the season

culminated in a 7-1 hammering at Swansea earlier this month.

So why is Tinnions squad so unfit? So why do we run out of steam in the final 30 minutes of matches ? of ccourse Johnson has the experience, Tinnion has left us in the ######, Forget him.

Archived