IGNORED

New Defender

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

One month loan signing - Osei Sankofa from Charlton. He's a defender apparently...

No messing about as far as GJ is concerned, straight to the premiership for a 20 year old England youth international, Norwich were apparentley interested in signing him around transfer deadline, but he said he wanted to wait for a call from Doctor Johnson!

As I posted recently I have my concerns about Heywood being another Sean Dyche and this would appear to bear that out.

Russell was meant to be out for 2-4 weeks and it's been all season so I reckon at least 6 weeks with Heywood as there's no sign of Russell playing at the moment. :(

russell won't be long,seen him the other day

That's bad news. He has had a real in and out start to the season and has been unlucky with injuries and illness, but always gets his place again. shows how important he is to us already. He also seemed instramental in helping Orr look so settled in defence against Brentford.

I gather from other threads that we have signed a defender on loan from Charlton, with the above mentioned Orr and Parrtridge (improving) and Keogh and the others we have tried, JSmith, Fortune (!) etc we still look so new and unsettled at the back.

info on him here

http://www.4thegame.com/club/charlton-athl...seisankofa.html

IPB Image

Squad Number: 28

Position: Defence

Place of Birth: Streatham, England

Date Of Birth: 19/ 03/ 1985

Height: 6'0

Weight: 12st 4lbs

Osei Sankofa has been on the books at the Valley since he was fourteen.

A tall, quick central defender - Alan Curbishley has high hopes for him and he was included in the squad to play champions Arsenal in April 2003.

He made his debut at Old Trafford in May 2003 - replacing Radostin Kishishev in the 73rd minute.

He failed to make any appearances the first team during both the 2003/04 and 2004/05 seasons, and will certainly look to break through during the coming campaign.

We definitely need cover for him if he turns out to be a sicknote - which seems to be the case at the moment.

At least Partridge seems to be coming into form, but it puts a dampener on things. Not sure about Keogh at this time either.

GJ appears to have drafted in a kid from Charlton, but I'd guess that's for insurance rather than chuck him into tonight or saturdays games. He's yet to play a league game I think.

Hopefully Heywood recovers quickly...

Looks like he will be playing tonight. GJ has been watching him for a while, just about to take him to Yeovil. Gary says Keogh is enthuastic, but needs more time working with him, not quite ready. Fortune hasn't played enough games.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~719057,00.html

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~719428,00.html

It will take Heywood 3 weeks to recover from surgery.

It's interesting that on the main site GJ states that Clayton hasn't played enough games, I should think by now that he's played in more than enough games to determine whether he's good enough or not, clearly he isn't good enough or he wouldn't be drafting in a 20 year old prem reserve player. Richard Keogh is also not quite ready yet but GJ says he does have good enthusiasm, I'm glad about Keogh I've liked the look of him from what I've seen. Credit to Johnson for moving so quickly to get Osei.

We definitely need cover for him if he turns out to be a sicknote - which seems to be the case at the moment.

At least Partridge seems to be coming into form, but it puts a dampener on things. Not sure about Keogh at this time either.

GJ appears to have drafted in a kid from Charlton, but I'd guess that's for insurance rather than chuck him into tonight or saturdays games. He's yet to play a league game I think.

Hopefully Heywood recovers quickly...

According to the main site he will make his debut tonight alongside Partridge.

Being a Charlton local, Ive seen him play a few times. Very very quick and has one of the biggest jumps around.

Not very big though physically, so I'm unsure how he would come up against a player like Brooker.

Very clever footballer, with a good touch - definite class. Very highly rated by the Charlton fans in work.

Archived