IGNORED

Ticket Prices

twaters

I cannot believe how expensive it is to watch City, i paid £20 to watch City vs Barnsley last night and have done so all season, and my Brummy brother has just bought me a ticket to watch Aston Villa vs Man Utd for £17!!!!

Now i know we have lower attendances than them but we also have a lower wage bill by quite some margain i would guess! There tickets range from £17-£31 which is a big difference i know, and I'm sure ill be sat at the back of the stand, but i still cannot believe i can watch a premiership match involving the tops sides, well one of them (Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal) for £17!!!

Oh and also Villa do a villa value thing which tickets are only £15 for one block of one stand. It gets even more sickening.

Proof

Guest redphilc

I cannot believe how expensive it is to watch City, i paid £20 to watch City vs Barnsley last night and have done so all season, and my Brummy brother has just bought me a ticket to watch Aston Villa vs Man Utd for £17!!!!

Now i know we have lower attendances than them but we also have a lower wage bill by quite some margain i would guess! There tickets range from £17-£31 which is a big difference i know, and I'm sure ill be sat at the back of the stand, but i still cannot believe i can watch a premiership match involving the tops sides, well one of them (Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal) for £17!!!

Oh and also Villa do a villa value thing which tickets are only £15 for one block of one stand. It gets even more sickening.

Proof

£22 for the Oldham away game so it gets worse.....

Yes, there's been a lot of converstation on here about this issue in the last few days.

I know what you're saying, and it defies logic. But it's not just City that are expensive. Barnsley and Forest are worse.

I's a very complex issues, I appreciate, but I would like to see some more consistency and the Football League making clubs more accountable. For example, wouldn't it be easier if limits were set, e.g. £12 for League 2, £14 for League One, £16 for the Championship?

I pay £14.13 per match for my seat in the Dolman through buying a season ticket. I do appreciate that not everyone can afford to stump up that amount in one go, but it is a really cost effective way of watching City at a more realistic price.

But although I think that season ticket holder's do deserve a preferential rate as a reward for their loyalty, it seems to me that the gap between what I pay and what the person who decides to come along on the day of the match is too wide. I wonder if by making the match day price a little lower, City might bring a few more through the gate and make more money in the long run.

I love your Avatar Twaters!

Me too!! Funny as (I tried to say a naughty word)!!

Thanks

How many teams in the midlands? Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Walsall

How many teams in Bristol? One

Supply and demand.

But seriously, the revenue that the Prem clubs get from Sky - an annual handout, £600K every time a game is shown soon adds up and helps to subsidise the ticket prices.

Yes you present good arguments there, but then how on earth does the smaller clubs survive? just been looking at Dagenham and Redbridge entrance fees:-

Terrace - Adult £10 Concessions £6 Under 16's £5

Stand - Adult £13 Concessions/ Under 16's £6.50

I don't really know my point, just that to watch football in the lower divisions is becomming more and more expensive, and is ripping off the remaining die hard fans who will follow their teams even when doing not so well. I guess we better get up the divisons soon!

But £20 feels sooooo much money, i love city, i even want to move back to Bristol so they can be a weekly part of my life, i would take a massive pay cut to work for them, but to pay £20 plus everything else to watch them hurts nearly as much as seeing them lose.

How much to watch in other areas of the stadia?

If a club is making profit on more expensive tickets ( Corporate areas etc) then they can afford to drop prices for certain other areas of the ground and still clear the profit margin they need to operate..

Unfortunateley BCFC and other teams at our level do not have this luxury

Personaly .....if its £50 and I want to see it....I will pay it...end of

I pay £14.13 per match for my seat in the Dolman through buying a season ticket. I do appreciate that not everyone can afford to stump up that amount in one go, but it is a really cost effective way of watching City at a more realistic price.

But although I think that season ticket holder's do deserve a preferential rate as a reward for their loyalty, it seems to me that the gap between what I pay and what the person who decides to come along on the day of the match is too wide. I wonder if by making the match day price a little lower, City might bring a few more through the gate and make more money in the long run.

Season Ticket purchase's can be a benefit, especially if someone can afford the lump sum. And for someone that is likely to get to most games.

Plus the security of having a reserved seat for cup & play-off games.

But exiles & many people (like myself) who due to family & work commitments will miss 7/8 games a season - a season ticket will work out between £21 & £22 per game.

try this...

Wait outside the ground until the game just kicks off, phone BCFC and say that you live nearby and someone has parked a car outside of your drive and give them a Car reg.

As usual, a tannoy will announce that the car owner to go and move his car. Wait a few minutes then go to a steward and say that you were called out to move your car and you want to go back in to watch the game and you have lost your ticket.

The steward will radio in and get confirmation that you were tannoyed to leave the ground and move your car.

Hey presto, free entry. :devil:

It is getting a serious issue at the moment as a lot of people are bringing this up. It is a lot of money to watch a game of football and I think if our prices along with other teams you may see higher attendances. £22 for Oldham when I believe home teams are paying £19 is taking the mickey mouse. I'm moving to Southampton on Sunday and thought I might go to the odd game there but it's £28 to watch a Championship game. I think you are strating to see that fans are deciding to do other things than go to watch a match with Chelsea being one team who have struggled to sell tickets for a number of games this season.

Thats because chelsea are boooring to watch.

But i agree ticket prices are far too high. If your a kid its £6, an adult £20!!

Pathetic.

My dad wont take me to games like he used to because he cant afford it. I refuse to spend a further £15 on top of the £20 ticket price just to get to the bloody game.

Id rather go pay £6 and watch Chippenham Town, the footballs just as good.

I know its no comparisom but i went to the cinema for £4.50 and that was very entertaining for 2hours. People are going to be put off from attending matches soon because it just isnt a financialy sound decision to spend 90 mins being entertained for £20 when you can spend a quater of that on somthing else.

As you can see the club is desperate for more money with all these auctions of bits and bobs found around the club like interview boards :D and grafeti on bricks, however i don't see a way out for us unless we get into the premiership and sadly i think that is the way alot of clubs are thinking now.

£90 for an adult and child to watch a prem game at Chelsea

£22 for an adult and child to watch a non league game at Crawley Town

£28 for an adult and child to watch a pimera liga game at Real Madrid

£13 for an adult and child to watch a Bundasleage game at Bayern Munich

Rip off Britain

:angry:

Archived