IGNORED

Racism

robins72

I was really enjoying my day at the gate even though we were 1 nil down when I couldn't believe what I witnessed in the Ayteo.

Guy Madjo came on and I know he was a bit colamytious but the old guy behind me said "You should be up the trees getting the bananas".

I could not believe in this day and age that someone can make a comment at a black player.

Am I so naieve that this is 2005 and we are living in a muti culteral society and that I'm the only one to witness comments like this at Ashton Gate??

I felt embarrassed that a Bristol City fan could say that about one of the players he supports.] Does this man live in another world or something?

Your comments please.....

well i think thats disgusting behaviour! I thought that all that had been forgotten now! You shouldnt say that about anyone of any race! thats racism and if anyone ever hears a comment liek that surely we should go to the steward and maybe they will b removed because that sort of comment should not be accepted in a football ground especially considering there are signs everywhere saying city against racism!

He was an old man and my husband did say loudly that was out of order. But in this day and age its ludicrous that anyone can make comments like that. Especially when I smiled at the end when being handed out a team poster of BRistol City against racism.

I guess I should have reported him but guess I couldn't believe me ears at the time.

I was really enjoying my day at the gate even though we were 1 nil down when I couldn't believe what I witnessed in the Ayteo.

Guy Madjo came on and I know he was a bit colamytious but the old guy behind me said "You should be up the trees getting the bananas".

I could not believe in this day and age that someone can make a comment at a black player.

Am I so naieve that this is 2005 and we are living in a muti culteral society and that I'm the only one to witness comments like this at Ashton Gate??

I felt embarrassed that a Bristol City fan could say that about one of the players he supports.] Does this man live in another world or something?

Sounds like you had Alf Garnett sitting behind you?.......

The multi-cultural society you speak of is a myth........... but most of the population are very tolerant...... and what difference does your skin colour really make?

We've kind of had this conversation.......... in another post

Don't let ignorance get the better of you...... maybe you should have set the bloke straight?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

if he said that near me i'd chase him up a tree and force him to eat bannanas, thats disgraceful, just after our new campaign

would love to know what would happen if madjo was right next to him

he wouldn't lat 2 seconds

Guest DrFaustus

Raceism is perfectly legitimate..

If your Scottish!

Mc Oi BB......I thought you were a good 'un.! :)

Racists have one place in society - at the bottom of the ocean.

I agree racism is wrong and there is no place for it.

That said, I do wish Madjo would bugger off; he is woeful. Chasing down the occasional ball to force a throw-in to the opposition is not going to cut if every week :whistle:

I agree racism is wrong and there is no place for it.

That said, I do wish Madjo would bugger off; he is woeful. Chasing down the occasional ball to force a throw-in to the opposition is not going to cut if every week :whistle:

Personally, now we appear to have a manager who knows more than the fans about football (which ain't a fat lot), I would leave it to him to decide if Madjo is any good. And the same goes for Phillips, Woodman, Fortune, Skuse, Cotterill, Stewart and anybody else who gets serially slagged on here. If they aren't good enough then Johnson will ship them out.

Oy, me-harty!!!

Whilst I would never advocate raceism in any context, I'm merely pointing out that discrimination of any sort is poo poo!!

You were there on 2nd of May 1990, Rovers sang: "England, England, England..." Because we had a Scottish manager, City replied with: " City are white, City are white.." Because Rovers had black players.

Who's worse???

PS: Have you taken me up on my wager?

Personally, now we appear to have a manager who knows more than the fans about football (which ain't a fat lot), I would leave it to him to decide if Madjo is any good. And the same goes for Phillips, Woodman, Fortune, Skuse, Cotterill, Stewart and anybody else who gets serially slagged on here. If they aren't good enough then Johnson will ship them out.

Exactly right. Johnson will pick the best team and be a good judge of player, and the fact that countless City supporters slag off each one of our players is ridiculous.

get real you clown

Archived