IGNORED

Racism

robins72

Guest DrFaustus

Oy, me-harty!!!

Whilst I would never advocate raceism in any context, I'm merely pointing out that discrimination of any sort is poo poo!!

You were there on 2nd of May 1990, Rovers sang: "England, England, England..." Because we had a Scottish manager, City replied with: " City are white, City are white.." Because Rovers had black players.

Who's worse???

PS: Have you taken me up on my wager?

Chill out my darkened raven. :) Being of Jockanese persuassion, I wouldn't countenance joining in with such banter....you honky sheedhead.

I'll have MORE than one pint with you at season end mucker.

Guest DrFaustus

Nice one you beauty..

Do I have to become 'multi-cultural', and go north of the centre? Or will you take a trip to the rural west of town?

Bugger that mate - I live south-east side. A night in the 3 lions beckons. You first on the Karaoke with 'Irene', me next on the mobile with '999 -emergency'

Guest DrFaustus

Dr...

The Black horse at Eastville..(or the dug-out)

Me with Jeepster by Eater..

You with Drink up thy Cider?!?

Sold to the raven in the corner.

Sounds like you had Alf Garnett sitting behind you?.......

The multi-cultural society you speak of is a myth........... but most of the population are very tolerant...... and what difference does your skin colour really make?

We've kind of had this conversation.......... in another post

Don't let ignorance get the better of you...... maybe you should have set the bloke straight?

its a fair point. totally unwelcome, unnecessary and ignorant though it is our society is full of such people most of whom keep their feelings to themselves.

I was listening to 5 live today when they interviewed the Punjab Army supporting Sunderland. Thought they were a brilliant example of how things, generally, have changed for the better; they said in the eighties they would have taken a lot of racist abuse whereas now they are roundly applauded and for the right reasons; for being noisy, positive supporters with a band. would be good to see such things at the Gate. they might even put pressure on bringing in some excellent indian food as well for half time!

Sold to the raven in the corner.

good to see the Rovles winning today. seriously.

If he was old then what else can you expect? Its just character. Old people are stubborn to change.

Old peeps say some awfull things, my nan being a prime example, she is 95 and just uses the n word like its nothing, you can shout at her all you like, she will never change. I think he should have been told to keep his opinion to himself, if he wishes to say things like that then he should be thrown out, however whenever i hear fans calling keepers fat bar stewards or you bald headed cword or pinapple on his head or she fell over i do kinda think thats not all that different. Its still an insult about someones image or sexism. I appreciate there is an awfull history behind racism and thats why it is taken more seriously.

He should be thrown out = yes, should we also look at other things we say though = yes.

Old peeps say some awfull things, my nan being a prime example, she is 95 and just uses the n word like its nothing, you can shout at her all you like, she will never change. I think he should have been told to keep his opinion to himself, if he wishes to say things like that then he should be thrown out, however whenever i hear fans calling keepers fat bar stewards or you bald headed cword or pinapple on his head or she fell over i do kinda think thats not all that different. Its still an insult about someones image or sexism. I appreciate there is an awfull history behind racism and thats why it is taken more seriously.

He should be thrown out = yes, should we also look at other things we say though = yes.

Totally agree TWaters, spot on with what you said. Any comments about peoples appearance, name etc.... get seen as a bit of fun but at the end of the day its not different to any racist comments. Both end up hurting people feelings in some way

And to think we were wondering why, in a thread earlier this week, so few black faces could be seen among our crowds.

I know it's easier said than done, but next time, please report him to the stewards. You'd be doing us all a favour.

I was really enjoying my day at the gate even though we were 1 nil down when I couldn't believe what I witnessed in the Ayteo.

Guy Madjo came on and I know he was a bit colamytious but the old guy behind me said "You should be up the trees getting the bananas".

I could not believe in this day and age that someone can make a comment at a black player.

Am I so naieve that this is 2005 and we are living in a muti culteral society and that I'm the only one to witness comments like this at Ashton Gate??

I felt embarrassed that a Bristol City fan could say that about one of the players he supports.] Does this man live in another world or something?

Your comments please.....

Thing is mate he said what a lot of people want to say out loud but think its un pc which it is.Just because we don't hear it doesnt mean that 30% of people down the gate aint racist.

And yes it pathetic

Guest DrFaustus

Thank god we've still got the fatties to take the (Am I naughty or what!)* out of..

"Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies?

*Extract the urine...Better?????

Fatist bugger.

Give me back my lardycake you thief.

Well I havent heard anything like that since watching old sitcoms from the 70s. Like I said perhaps I'm naive then.

Yes werent those sitcoms quite funny how times have changed. We all agree but cant say so. Get my drift! Still perhaps the old man will be hanged from the nearest tree. I wont mention what type of tree. But you keep upholding the letter of the law! After all if you heard bad abuse in the pub, club on the bus in the street. You must do the correct thing and nip around the cop shop and report it and when you go abroad on holiday do the same. I would!!!!!!!!

So is a letter going to be handed out to everyone in that atyeo block then

because of this?????????

the club have to act and hand out a letter AFTER JUST 1 PERSON'S COMPLAINT

ABOUT G-BLOCK FOR SWEARING AT THE FCF MEETING

and i would also like to see the same website focus on the main site as g-block got

on the swearing issue, this chap has created

MORE THAN 1 PERSON'S COMPLAINT'S ON THE PUBLIC FORUM'S

so one racist remark in the ateyo should get the same treatment,

there was me thinking racisam is far worse than swearing.

Being honest the whole thing is petty but the club can't be seen

to be picking on just 1 block of the ground. :disapointed2se:

SOME CONSISTENCY PLEASE BCFC :doh:

Well, I suppose it is a good thing that it is now so unusual at the gate that it has the ability to shock many.

It used to be very common place - not suggesting that AG was by any means unique in that, and it is entirely true people do not suddenly turn into racists as they go through the turnstile. As such the crowd that assemble at the Gate can only ever be a reflection of society as a whole.

I'm interested in the distinction people draw here. Clearly there is a line that the vast majority of people would say has been crossed in the top example. So how about a player who happens to be black and is having a bad game? I certainly still hear quite regularly comments in the heat of the moment such as 'you useless black b'.

Now, I also have heard this with the word 'black' changed for anything from Welsh, fat, ginger, shortarse, etc etc.

On a scale of 0-10, clearly the outbreak described at the top of the thead scores highly. It is purely based on somebodies colour, rather than the root being somebody having a bad game. Whilst I think the latter will be as unacceptable in 20 years time as the other is now, I do know a lot of people who regard it currently as ok, and a useful 'descriptor' within the context of the pantomine element of the being a supporter - booing and cheering.

I do however regard it as racist. Views? Or is it a case of 'racism has only a small part in football (as long as its not to bad)'. Not exactly a catchy slogan.

I go with my granddad to Chippenham sometimes and he has altzheimers (spelling?). Before he contracted the illness i never heard a rascsit comment from him in 15 years of knowing him. But for some reason he has started making certain comments like the one heard on saturday.

He is over 80 and I do get embarressed when he says things about black people on the pitch or in the crowd, especially when its obvious theyve heard. Now I'm not saying this old guy you heard is in the same state and I'm not making excuses, but what if he was? Its not his fault, he cant stop because within 2 minutes he'll forget hes even said it. So what can you do about it? I cant stop my granddad making comments like that because if i ask him to stop saying such things he will either get nasty with me and tell me to mind my own business or forget what hes even said.

I was really enjoying my day at the gate even though we were 1 nil down when I couldn't believe what I witnessed in the Ayteo.

Guy Madjo came on and I know he was a bit colamytious but the old guy behind me said "You should be up the trees getting the bananas".

I could not believe in this day and age that someone can make a comment at a black player.

Am I so naieve that this is 2005 and we are living in a muti culteral society and that I'm the only one to witness comments like this at Ashton Gate??

I felt embarrassed that a Bristol City fan could say that about one of the players he supports.] Does this man live in another world or something?

Your comments please.....

I think I'd have tried for a witty rejoinder. "and you should be 6 ft under pushing up the daisies you ignorant, boring old knob head, now shut up."

Nibor

Guest harveythompson

I was standing next to some idiots at Brentford and when he got the ball they said "go back to your banana tree" and were making gorilla noises. Absolutely pathectic, although i did say to him shut up he carried on :dunno:

i herd these idiots at brentford aswell and also gave them my opinion, i wasnt rude but they soon shut up. i cant see why would anyone want to insult their own players or any other black players for that matter.

Archived