IGNORED

Konstantopoulos

Alex_BCFC

A keeper like this would make all the difference. Came out and caught a lot of crosses unlike another keeper we know.

Unfair I.M.H.O Philips was in his half of the pitch on his own for a lot of the game :dunno:

Unfair I.M.H.O Philips was in his half of the pitch on his own for a lot of the game :dunno:

Even though Phillips had little to do he still managed to have a poor game! His kicking was apalling today. What I was trying to say is that if we had a keeper like theirs it would make a world of difference.

A keeper like this would make all the difference. Came out and caught a lot of crosses unlike another keeper we know.

I am not knocking Phillips but I have thought for a long time now that Mr Konstantopolous is by far the best keeper in our division. There must be some weakness in his game though because no big clubs have come in for him. Whatever it is, I have yet to see it. If I was picking a Divisional team, he would be the first name on the team sheet (and not just because he is the Goalkeeper!!!).

I am not knocking Phillips but I have thought for a long time now that Mr Konstantopolous is by far the best keeper in our division. There must be some weakness in his game though because no big clubs have come in for him. Whatever it is, I have yet to see it. If I was picking a Divisional team, he would be the first name on the team sheet (and not just because he is the Goalkeeper!!!).

True.

He was a good keeper but bridges should of put away that header

I thinkin his kickin was long but bad it just kept coming to us

Even though Phillips had little to do he still managed to have a poor game! His kicking was apalling today. What I was trying to say is that if we had a keeper like theirs it would make a world of difference.

:doh: Give the poor man a chance ! you have realise that we are a leauge one team and if Phillips was as good at catching crosses as he is at shot stopping he would be playing in the champions league! Once again today he kept us in the game with two outstanding one on one saves but people never seem to remeber them. jus the negatives.

I disagree.

He may be a good keeper, but the shot he saved from Brooker was direct at him, his height helped with the Madjo effort and he caught everything purely for the fact we failed to attack any cross that was half decent.

He's big and strong, but we just didn't put enough pressure on him.

MM

He was a good keeper but bridges should of put away that header

I thinkin his kickin was long but bad it just kept coming to us

You are probably right but if I was in charge of a lower Premiership or decent Championship side I would take a gamble on him. Solid, safe keeper in my opinion and there aren't many about.

I disagree.

He may be a good keeper, but the shot he saved from Brooker was direct at him, his height helped with the Madjo effort and he caught everything purely for the fact we failed to attack any cross that was half decent.

He's big and strong, but we just didn't put enough pressure on him.

MM

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Guest North Street

Oddly looked like he would score for us in the first fifteen minutes complete with poor distribution but then a Phillipps knocker would forget that would'nt you? Your attitude to a man who had another good game today in our clubs goal does you no credit what so ever.Konstantopoulos looked good but then so did Phillipps.

Oddly looked like he would score for us in the first fifteen minutes complete with poor distribution but then a Phillipps knocker would forget that would'nt you? Your attitude to a man who had another good game today in our clubs goal does you no credit what so ever.Konstantopoulos looked good but then so did Phillipps.

He didn't have a good game. Could be argued he was at fault for the goal. There is nothing wrong in having an opinion or attitude towards a player. I don't slate him at the games- I get behind the whole team. Off the field I say what I think.

:doh: Give the poor man a chance ! you have realise that we are a leauge one team and if Phillips was as good at catching crosses as he is at shot stopping he would be playing in the champions league! Once again today he kept us in the game with two outstanding one on one saves but people never seem to remeber them. jus the negatives.

Absolutely correct. Phillips is a great keeper, consistantly one of our best players and nearly every team in this league would swap with us. except Hartlepool i guess!!! :D

Pick other players to criticise...ie our bristolian centre forward!

Guest North Street

He didn't have a good game. Could be argued he was at fault for the goal. There is nothing wrong in having an opinion or attitude towards a player. I don't slate him at the games- I get behind the whole team. Off the field I say what I think.

So along with being at fault for goals against Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet & Forest he was also at fault for todays goal. It seems you think our Keeper is no better than having a colander in goal.That is one hell of an attitude to "ONE "player :grr:

So along with being at fault for goals against Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet & Forest he was also at fault for todays goal. It seems you think our Keeper is no better than having a colander in goal.That is one hell of an attitude to "ONE "player :grr:

He did have a good game against Vale, though he gave Partridge a poor shout for the Bell header. I think he is OK and I don't think of him like you say I do but would rather have an all round keeper in place. He quite obviously loves the club etc but I would rather see someone else in goal.

Guest North Street

He did have a good game against Vale, though he gave Partridge a poor shout for the Bell header. I think he is OK and I don't think of him like you say I do but would rather have an all round keeper in place. He quite obviously loves the club etc but I would rather see someone else in goal.

Doh how could i have missed Vale? So Phillipps is responsible for goals v Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet , Forest, Hartlepool and Vale. Are you sure he is not really a Gas imposter in goal ? Johnson must informed of this Alex, and you are the man to do it !

We must investigate those goals v the Dons as well? Phillipps must be be at fault :@

Doh how could i have missed Vale? So Phillipps is responsible for goals v Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet , Forest, Hartlepool and Vale. Are you sure he is not really a Gas imposter in goal ? Johnson must informed of this Alex, and you are the man to do it !

We must investigate those goals v the Dons as well? Phillipps must be be at fault :@

Nope not at fault for the Dons goals. If you read my threads properly I have said that I think he is City through and through. It is just my opinion that we would do better with an all round keeper.

Guest North Street

Nope not at fault for the Dons goals. If you read my threads properly I have said that I think he is City through and through. It is just my opinion that we would do better with an all round keeper.

I have read your threads properly and so far you have stated you would rather have a "norma" keeper, an all round keeper, Konstantopoulos, Chris Day, Rachikba and someone who can catch crosses.You have also stated that Phillipps is either responsible or should have done better with goals against Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet , Forest, Hartlepool and Vale. You have also stated that sticking with Phillipps is not an option you would want. Tip of your iceburg but you have even stated that Citys number one is in fact "OK" despite all the former :grr:

I have read your threads properly and so far you have stated you would rather have a "norma" keeper, an all round keeper, Konstantopoulos, Chris Day, Rachikba and someone who can catch crosses.You have also stated that Phillipps is either responsible or should have done better with goals against Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Swansea, Barnet , Forest, Hartlepool and Vale. You have also stated that sticking with Phillipps is not an option you would want. Tip of your iceburg but you have even stated that Citys number one is in fact "OK" despite all the former :grr:

He is ok. Just think we could do better.

First 20 minutes their keeper looked a bag of nerves, his kicks were poor and he didnt look very confident on the ball especially when Stewart charged it down and held him off.

Second half he made a couple good saves but most of his catching was reasonably straight foward considering our strikers didnt really challenge him and when they did it was a foul

First 20 minutes their keeper looked a bag of nerves, his kicks were poor and he didnt look very confident on the ball especially when Stewart charged it down and held him off.

Second half he made a couple good saves but most of his catching was reasonably straight foward considering our strikers didnt really challenge him and when they did it was a foul

He is ok. Just think we could do better.

I don't think you can do much better in this division to be honest. Do you realise how hard it is for keepers these days?

When a cross or shot comes in the ball actually moves in the air back and forth as it comes to you, and a gust of wind would blow a cross right off course, giving you no chance. Plus if you make the worng decision at all in goal it will probably end up in conceding.

Archived