IGNORED

Racism II

rumbellow

Having read the racism at the Gate post yesterday about the stupid comments attributed to a so called older fan in the Atyeo, I have been minded to somewhat broaden the topic.

My slant is that racism seems only to be racism when aimed at ethnic minorities, For instance we have tolerated so called Muslim clerics for many years now espousing not just racism, But also inciting young and vunerable muslims to commit acts of atrocity against the west and it's only recently and against a backdrop of the July London bombings, That Britain has acted to prevent this (because the rules have changed). Just imagine if the for instance the Archbishop of Canterbury espousing similar views regarding muslims and inciting the youth of the C of E to commit similar acts on the muslim community.

There was even a view recently on this forum, That the lack of black supporters at AG was in some way connected to the Bristol's history in the slave trade.

Racism in this day is intolerable in any form, But, it should not be just a one way street, I have always seen 2 problems in recent years, 1)Where the lentil brigade have beome over 'PC' and even ethnic minority groups have been embarrassed by some of things councils have banned and 2)where occassionally when members of the ethnic minority get into trouble they hide behind the cloak of racism.

I read recently that El Haj Djouf, Who is in court for a second time for spitting at a fan and Sam Allardyce tried to put forward the case that apparently spitting was a cultural/ethnic thing in Senegal, Oh yeah and just to put the boot in it would appear Djouf is getting legal aid to plead not guilty to this charge, After all he is only a poor under paid footballer (but that is another thread).

I hope I haven't offended anybody at all, There is racism, But, I feel if racism laws were more inclusive then perhaps even the most ignorant would appreciate them more.

Guest MaloneFM

I'm confused. What's wrong with lentils? Nuticious protein and very low in fat.

Thank you.

Its the fat thing love. You don't understand 'very low in fat' or 'not very ginger'. Better now?

Guest DrFaustus

Its the fat thing love. You don't understand 'very low in fat' or 'not very ginger'. Better now?

Much thanks. Nuticious lentils may be, but they're also nutricious.

It must be your round Rog?

Guest DrFaustus

You can't beat a good bit of meat. Bollards to the lentils!

That's just what the Senora said just now as she teetere out the door on the way to 'bingo'. yeah right, she doesn't fool me.

Often.

That's just what the Senora said just now as she teetere out the door on the way to 'bingo'. yeah right, she doesn't fool me.

Often.

Not the first time you must have been fooled Dr. Somebody obviously told you city played in blue?

I don't really see what your point is. Aren't you getting race and religion a bit mixed up? What makes you think Muslim clerics are racist?

'So called Muslim clerics'

The one's thrown out of their own country, With death sentences hanging over them, But, Staying here at our expense, Whilst despising everything our society stands for and praising suicide bombers.

Bit of a confused post. I mean, there are white muslims, asian Christians...

The point I think you're making is about intolerance generally.

And this of course should have no place in football. And neither should it have a place in society generally.

You're right of course that intolerance can operate in two directions. Take Zimbabwe as an example. Mugabe's regime use the racism of Smith's minority white government of the 60s and 70s to justify the racism of the Black majority government of the 90s.

Intolerance and prejudice are the biggest social challenges facing the world today but too often we pretend prejudices don't exist or gloss over them, ignoring the fact that this can be a time bomb on a very short fuse.

I don't know about racism at AG, I've never really experienced it there but I've seen it elsewhere in football and it's totally unnecessary. As for El-Hadji Diouf, I don't see how a decent straight talking man like Big Sam can come out with such a feeble and pathetic excuse. If football is serious about getting rid of racism it's people like him who need to set an example.

Archived