IGNORED

Smoking At Ag

Sir Colby-Tit

Sorry to bang on about this topic again but some of the posts on here and the ask Steve forum are getting right on my ***s.

Basically, my question to those demanding an outright ban on smoking is....why?

I agree with a ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces as I wouldn't want anyone to breathe in my smoke

if they don't smoke, but if your argument is health then I think you would be hard pressed to argue that passive smoking in an open air stadium is an issue.

Is it because it affects your enjoyment? If it is then tough. Life is all about tolerance, I'm a vegetarian & every time I go to AG I have to put up with people sitting next to me eating reheated, reconstituted animal products but I don't ask for a ban on pies & pasties.

So please, let me know why you think an outright ban is necessary.

Sorry to bang on about this topic again but some of the posts on here and the ask Steve forum are getting right on my ***s.

Basically, my question to those demanding an outright ban on smoking is....why?

I agree with a ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces as I wouldn't want anyone to breathe in my smoke

if they don't smoke, but if your argument is health then I think you would be hard pressed to argue that passive smoking in an open air stadium is an issue.

Is it because it affects your enjoyment? If it is then tough. Life is all about tolerance, I'm a vegetarian & every time I go to AG I have to put up with people sitting next to me eating reheated, reconstituted animal products but I don't ask for a ban on pies & pasties.

So please, let me know why you think an outright ban is necessary.

Its not good for your health and its distgusting...

By you eating your pies your doing any harm to anybody else. whereas by smoking your forceing other people to breath in your disgusting smoke.

By reading the answers on the Steve L forum, I reckon a total ban will come in very soon. So if you don't like it, don't come along.

A sencible option would be to allow smoking before game & half time away from the seated sections.

Exactly - it's not good for my health, what has this got to do with anyone else?

By you eating your pies your doing any harm to anybody else. whereas by smoking your forceing other people to breath in your disgusting smoke.

No I'm not - no-one is passive smoking my fags in an open air stadium

By reading the answers on the Steve L forum, I reckon a total ban will come in very soon.

You're probably right

So if you don't like it, don't come along.

I'll treat that comment with the contempt it deserves

A sencible option would be to allow smoking before game & half time away from the seated sections.

At last - a sensible comment

• Admin

"No I'm not - no-one is passive smoking my fags in an open air stadium"

Disagree, if a non smoker sits next to a smoker, invariably the smoke blows towards the non smoker - don't ask me why, its one of those unwritten laws of physics.

A smoking area, would be the best solution, whether that be a dedicated smoking area or an area for use before the game & half time.

"No I'm not - no-one is passive smoking my fags in an open air stadium"

Disagree, if a non smoker sits next to a smoker, invariably the smoke blows towards the non smoker - don't ask me why, its one of those unwritten laws of physics.

Ok - you should pass on your theory to this group of scientists who established that there is no risk from passive smoking and had their findings published in the British Medical Journal

link

• Admin

Ok - you should pass on your theory to this group of scientists who established that there is no risk from passive smoking and had their findings published in the British Medical Journal

link

Even if its unproven to be harmful, its still unpleasant, I like beer & cider, but the waste from that isn't deposited all over those sat around me.

The amount of smoke anyone would breathe in an OPEN AIR STADUIM is negligible, and the harm done to you is zero, you breath in more rubbish from the traffic on your way to the ground. What I can't understand is why the non-smokers don't just sit in the NON SMOKING SECTION - unless it's because then you wouldn't be able to moan and visctimise smokers. As a smoker I can't say I would stop going altogether if they banned it but I would certainly stop being a season ticket holder and would be very selective in games I went to.

The club won't ban it, the fascist ban on smoking only covers enclosed spaces - not a chance at the gate they'd lose too much custom.

I think you'll find that if you breathe in smoke, it's going to damage your health. The effects may not be quite as bad as smoking the cigarette yourself, or being surrounded by it in a pub, but the effects are still there, and there is still a chance of inhaling the carcinogenic substances that cigarette smoke passes on.

That, and your clothes stink. :D

I think you'll find that if you breathe in smoke, it's going to damage your health. The effects may not be quite as bad as smoking the cigarette yourself, or being surrounded by it in a pub, but the effects are still there, and there is still a chance of inhaling the carcinogenic substances that cigarette smoke passes on.

That, and your clothes stink. :D

I refer you to my previous answer...................

WELL SIT IN THE NO SMOKING SECTION THEN - THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR !!!

:grr::grr::grr:

Theres simply not enough seats for that, and even if there was why would we want to give up the seats we have sat in for plenty of time, for a crap view, ok it gets us out of the way from all that crappy smoke but why should smokers have priority?

Theres simply not enough seats for that, and even if there was why would we want to give up the seats we have sat in for plenty of time, for a crap view, ok it gets us out of the way from all that crappy smoke but why should smokers have priority?

Why should non-smokers have priority ? There aren't enough seats because not that many people are that sad to be bothered about it !

By reading the answers on the Steve L forum, I reckon a total ban will come in very soon. So if you don't like it, don't come along.

:angry: bet your one of those t---s who sit there whining at everything i don't smoke but eating those pies does your guts in! Steve L has gone a long way to ruin the atmosphere ( singing) do you sing or just mime?

I must admit passive smoking isnt good for you. I worked in pubs for 10 years and my health deteriorated. I got bad asthma got really bad chest infections. Since I stopped working in pubs in 99 my health has been tonns better. A ban wouldnt suprise me. But I do understand the adult folk smoking. GOt no sympathy for those teenage yobs who start smoking though as they know the danger of smoking.

I don't want to breathe in your smoke, simple as that.

Just because some are so stupid as to take up something like that (no offence) doesn't mean I want to have to prticipate in it.

You pro-smoking Nazis...

you really don't get it do you, you then, I surmise, have absolutely no bad habits at all, that you are so clever not to do anything that could eventually harm you, ie overeating, drinking in excess etc ?.

One last question.. how do you get to the gate for the game, or get anywhere for that matter...... Car ????

Because the majority of us are non-smokers.

and you already have non smoking areas :dunno:

I don't want to breathe in your smoke, simple as that.

Just because some are so stupid as to take up something like that (no offence) doesn't mean I want to have to prticipate in it.

You pro-smoking Nazis...

Petition to ban cars next then is it :dunno: cause pressummably you don't want to breathe there fumes either :grr:

Is this serious?

Why should non-smoking City supporters have to watch the match smelling your disgusting death sticks?

I come back from Ashton Gate each week stinking of other peoples cigarette smoke, why is this fair?

Your response: "Move to the non-smoking sections" - where the view is awful.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years, you are suggesting that if a dirty smoker suddenly decides to sit infront of me (as has happened) I should be the one to move?

Then you resort to calling non-smokers "Nazis" just because we care. Grow up! It is not our fault you have a life threatening addiction and you are jealous of those of us who don't smoke.

Would it really hurt to wait 45 minutes? It might even save you some money!

City 'til I die :city:

Nick B

Is this serious?

Why should non-smoking City supporters have to watch the match smelling your disgusting death sticks?

I come back from Ashton Gate each week stinking of other peoples cigarette smoke, why is this fair?

I have been a season ticket holder for many years, you are suggesting that if a dirty smoker suddenly decides to sit infront of me (as has happened) I should be the one to move?

Then you resort to calling non-smokers "Nazis" just because we care. Grow up! It is not our fault you have a life threatening addiction and you are jealous of those of us who don't smoke.

Nick B

Now then, smoking is not illegal yet.............. you can choose to smoke or not....... so ok you choose not to.....and complain of secondhand smoke in your lungs (fair enough)

I ask you this...... do you go on holiday and fly by jet?

The reason that I ask is...... I feel that people that travel by air are destroying 'my' atmosphere.... the very same atmosphere that protects us all from ultra violet rays from the sun........ Air traffic is probably going to get our offspring with skin cancer and help lead to global warming......... but all you seem to be worried about is smoking at the Gate?

Call me anything you like.......................

Is this serious?

Nick B

:angry: people smoke because they chose to i packed it in 5 years ago my choice i don't sit there preaching its not like the bloke is smoking every minute ! as for smelling of fags on you your probably stuck in a smoky pub before the game taking care of your drinking habit! its the way you put your words that annoy people like your a goody goody

:angry: people smoke because they chose to i packed it in 5 years ago my choice i don't sit there preaching its not like the bloke is smoking every minute ! as for smelling of fags on you your probably stuck in a smoky pub before the game taking care of your drinking habit! its the way you put your words that annoy people like your a goody goody

weird is it not.......... I don't like smelling of fags at work when the boss lights up and yet I do smoke the occassional cigar and smoke from a cigar will follow anyone about!

As you seem to state it is a choice to smoke or not and often the most ardent non-smokers are ex-smokers but there has to be some middle ground?

We all have our poison don't we?

Would we have a free health service without the extra tax payed by smokers?

You make some good points and maybe some might think my pontificating is abstract but is it really?

Personally the people I would ban from Ashton Gate are:

Smokers (except cigar smokers)

Homosexuals

Women

Children

Policemen

Vegetarians

Anyone who pretended they used to go in the East End in the '70s

Cockneys

Mockneys

Guardian readers

Asylum seekers