IGNORED

Smoking At Ag

Sir Colby-Tit

Its a disgusting habit. I had the unfortunate "experience" of sitting next to a bloke last Saturday who lit up a fag and as I was sitting down wind of him it meant that raw smoke and his exhaled smoke blew right across me and into my face. Yuk! I ended up moving seats

If people want to poison themselvs with cigarettes then thats ok with me as long as they don't it near me.

There should be a designated smoking area at AG where all the smokers can congregate - end of.

This is not a policitally correct arguement from me - its about having respect for others.Lighting up in the company of non-smokers is about as acceptable as urinating in public.

Robbered well said sir the sooner they ban it the better

Thats a desperately thin arguement - from a smoker no doubt.

Cars,lorries,bus'es are essential. I rely completely on my car to my job as do many others.

Smoking is optional and at the same time costs the NHS more than anything esle - including alcohol.

I'm not against smoking at all, freedom of choice and all that.Just don't do it near me.....

A desparately thin argument? I don't think so. Are you saying that carbon dioxide emissions from vehicles aren't damaging the atmosphere & polluting our lungs?

You say you rely on your car. Do you car share? Did you consider the environment before you bought your car? is it the smallest engine you could find? Do you only use your car when absolutely necessary? Did you consider buying a car that runs on LPG?

If your answer to any of the above is no then it is your argument that is "desparately thin".

You say you're not against smoking then say it's equivalent to "urinating in public"

Oh and by the way, I'll think you'll find that the tax on tobacco products in the UK more than pays for the costs of treating smoking related illnesses.

Freedom of choice - dead right. and if you happen to sit next to me then sorry my friend but I will smoke next to you.

Toodle pip.

Guest North Street

As someone who does not own a car or smoke i feel i have the moral high ground here and that my opinion is more worthy than anybody elses. Well i have been down to those non smoking seats and never have i been surrounded by such a surly bunch of tight lipped miserablists in my life. Never again and from now on i shall be sat with those who know what Capston super strength really is :chant6ez:

Guest BeNeRz

Passive smoking is theft - if I catch anyone at the Gate passively smoking my fags instead of buying their own then words will be had !

:blink:

And me :razz:

A desparately thin argument? I don't think so. Are you saying that carbon dioxide emissions from vehicles aren't damaging the atmosphere & polluting our lungs?

You say you rely on your car. Do you car share? Did you consider the environment before you bought your car? is it the smallest engine you could find? Do you only use your car when absolutely necessary? Did you consider buying a car that runs on LPG?

This is not a debate about car emissions.Its simply an attempt by you to divert the debate away from the real issue - smoking.

If your answer to any of the above is no then it is your argument that is "desparately thin".

You say you're not against smoking then say it's equivalent to "urinating in public"

Oh and by the way, I'll think you'll find that the tax on tobacco products in the UK more than pays for the costs of treating smoking related illnesses.

Not true......check your facts before posting.

Freedom of choice - dead right. and if you happen to sit next to me then sorry my friend but I will smoke next to you.

Its attitudes like yours that don't do your cause any good whatsoever.Keep it up please!!!

What is so wrong with using an analogy in a debate? Why would I want to divert attention away from the issue of smoking - I started the thread!

Check my facts before posting - I'm sorry Robbored, I didn't realise that you were the forum police, I do apologise.

Attitudes like mine, mmm...what exactly did you expect when you said smoking was like "urinating in the street"?

Oh and by the way I'd still like to read your response to the question I asked you about your choice of mobile death machine, sorry, car.

Guest DrFaustus

As someone who does not own a car or smoke i feel i have the moral high ground here and that my opinion is more worthy than anybody elses. Well i have been down to those non smoking seats and never have i been surrounded by such a surly bunch of tight lipped miserablists in my life. Never again and from now on i shall be sat with those who know what Capston super strength really is :chant6ez:

Ha ha ha, excellent response :) One of our directors has proposed banning smoking in the stands and the family enclosure at our gaff. Who will the nippers be able to cadge fags from then? Bloody scandalous...as is the fake moral outrage of the health facists.

You can't ban smoking at AG, anyone who thinks this will happen is most delusional.

Agreed we need a non smoking section at the ground just so we can put them all in one place out of the way!

I don't smoke, but i wont goto a new non smoking section either, all my mates smoke so wheres the fun in sitting on your own with strangers who have issues with smokers?

I don't know why this is such an problem anyways, i guess moaners will allways find somthing to harp on about one way or another.

Annual Duty from tobacco - £8.1billion

Annual NHS Budget - £48billion

Figures are from 2002, can't find any newer ones.

Do you think that smoking accounts for more than a sixth of the NHS total budget Robbored? Really?

The NHS don't.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight? Tax from tobacco contributes 5 times as much to the UK economy as treating smokers costs. Yes it's a health problem and it's not a very good idea, but making up figures is not going to help is it?

Nibor

Guest North Street

You can't ban smoking at AG, anyone who thinks this will happen is most delusional.

Agreed we need a non smoking section at the ground just so we can put them all in one place out of the way!

I don't smoke, but i wont goto a new non smoking section either, all my mates smoke so wheres the fun in sitting on your own with strangers who have issues with smokers?

I don't know why this is such an problem anyways, i guess moaners will allways find somthing to harp on about one way or another.

You can already get non smoking seats and i have sat with these people and it is not nice. If you do not fit in with these peoples ideas on life then low and behold they soon let people know about it in this forum. They are there all the time watching your every move, there is always something wrong , they hate everything including Smoking, high fat foods, belching, hooligans, farting, people who do not travel on cats, Keepers who stay on their line, people going to toliet, smiling, singing , fanzines, White vans, breathing heavily, Wayne Rooney, anybody who does not believe Mr Sexstone, 18-35year olds, St George flags on houses and cars, white trainers, the working classes, caffeine, fat people, banter, the Yellow Sub Crew, the Colston Hall, nightclubs, people leaving early, baseball caps, half time entertainment, people who do not shave, spitting , rough tackling, Burberry , loaded magazine, Stone Island, non season ticket holders, the pa system, our accent, Skinnheads, Daily sport readers, people arriving late, drugs, flags, long hair, standing, cider, profanity & hoods!

Ban smoking and the rest will follow :(

As I said in the post you quoted, I haven't "made my mind up" about anything.

It's easy to say you're more fussed over global warming than suffering a terminal illness yourself, but I don't think it's that simple.

Nice way to belittle my post by the way. ;)

Karl........ if you, me and the rest of the population of the world does not have food and clean water to drink....... (you might think it's bad now?) Smoking and Lung Cancer related deaths will be dwarfed by the impact of global warming.

Anyway....... it is true the world has seen many climate changes from Hot to Cold...... but as long as Smoking At Ashton Gate is the really big issue...... many will take comfort in that.

Guest BeNeRz

You can already get non smoking seats and i have sat with these people and it is not nice. If you do not fit in with these peoples ideas on life then low and behold they soon let people know about it in this forum. They are there all the time watching your every move, there is always something wrong , they hate everything including Smoking, high fat foods, belching, hooligans, farting, people who do not travel on cats, Keepers who stay on their line, people going to toliet, smiling, singing , fanzines, White vans, breathing heavily, Wayne Rooney, anybody who does not believe Mr Sexstone, 18-35year olds, St George flags on houses and cars, white trainers, the working classes, caffeine, fat people, banter, the Yellow Sub Crew, the Colston Hall, nightclubs, people leaving early, baseball caps, half time entertainment, people who do not shave, spitting , rough tackling, Burberry , loaded magazine, Stone Island, non season ticket holders, the pa system, our accent, Skinnheads, Daily sport readers, people arriving late, drugs, flags, long hair, standing, cider, profanity & hoods!

I cant smile..

or wear burberry :dunno::dunno:

:handbags::handbags::handbags:

Absolutely first class post North Street,

you have got these people spot on mate !!!

He's right I too once sat among them (Inadvertently) and lit up a fag - there would have been less fuss if I'd molested one of their kids ! My feet did not touch the ground and a steward showed me to a smoking seat - he saw the funny side and actually told me "They come here once in a blue moon and act as if they own the place"

He's right - you could not wish to meet a more self rigeous up their own arses bunch of middle class ######s in your life - I can only assume they go to football so they can talk knowlegeably about it at dinner parties.

Archived