IGNORED

Moronic Baby Names !

Scrumpylegs

Just wondered if ( like me ) anyone else had noticed the increasing tendency of new parents to choose idiotic and ridiculous names for their offspring . What do they think they are trying to acheive by saddling their kids with these downright stupid names that they're only going to have to change ( by deed poll ) 18 years later anyway !

Typically the choice of names tends to be guided in 4

ways :

1) Invent a completely new name of your own choosing . This type of name is often the worst offender and often takes the form of a completely random word usually selected because ' I LIKED THE SOUND OF IT '. Well I like the sound of Cillit bang but thats no reason to saddle a child with it - there are probably many young Cillit bangs wanderring the streets of certain parts of Bristol now anyway! The reason these names are new and you haven't ever heard them before is because they're c##p and make both you and your child look stupid .

2) Name your child something remotely normal sounding and then change the spelling . Something like 'Garie' for example . :doh:

3) Choose a completely inappropriate ' foreign' name . Examples of these include the habit of choosing dodgy celtic names such as Callum , Siobahn or Daffydddd for a child that has no Celtic roots whatsoever ! These are fine if you have roots in these areas but are not acceptable if ( as above ) you just liked the name .

4) Copy the name of your favourite 3rd rate celebrity . e.g Ronnan etc . These people are often long forgotten long before baby reaches his 1st bitrhday !

If ever you're feeling down and need a lift the 'births' section of the BEP can be relied upon to deliver comedy gold ! :w00t:

Guest DrFaustus

3) Choose a completely inappropriate ' foreign' name . Examples of these include the habit of choosing dodgy celtic names such as Callum , Siobahn or Daffydddd for a child that has no Celtic roots whatsoever ! These are fine if you have roots in these areas but are not acceptable if ( as above ) you just liked the name .

Oi! My boy is called Calum. our lot are all Jockanese - that's my excuse. :)

Apple = kickings at school to follow

Romeo = see above

Brooklyn = see above

Star = Parents did too much acid

Fifi Trixabelle = see above

Macey = sounds like a department store

Colon = Serious beatings at school

Sky = see above

I'm sure there are many more though..

Apple = kickings at school to follow

Romeo = see above

Brooklyn = see above

Star = Parents did too much acid

Fifi Trixabelle = see above

Macey = sounds like a department store

Colon = Serious beatings at school

Sky = see above

I'm sure there are many more though..

My sister in law called her daughter Talitha-May. I know it's a "real" name, but surely there's been no-one called that for 200 years?

Why did she choose this awful name? Because "it sounded nice". Yeah, sure it does.

My sister in law called her daughter Talitha-May. I know it's a "real" name, but surely there's been no-one called that for 200 years?

Why did she choose this awful name? Because "it sounded nice". Yeah, sure it does.

I guess it's just fashionable to call you kids odd names these days, what happened to great old names like...Hilda, or Evelyn? Albert or Cyril? :rofl2br:

Can't go wrong with them, becuase in 20 yrs they will be cool :yawn:

you really are cursing the poor beggars as well and these names are not for the benefit of the child

it is the whim of the parent. I prefer something from my culture which wont burden the sprog more than necessary...although in my chilum smoking daze i did know a girl called Song which i quite liked....her sister was called Dance.

Mrs Saab is due at the end of the month and we will be calling the boy Adolf............now theres a name that wont cause him any trouble at school and i'm sure will help him to grow up to be a well balanced lad

you really are cursing the poor beggars as well and these names are not for the benefit of the child

it is the whim of the parent. I prefer something from my culture which wont burden the sprog more than necessary...although in my chilum smoking daze i did know a girl called Song which i quite liked....her sister was called Dance.

Mrs Saab is due at the end of the month and we will be calling the boy Adolf............now theres a name that wont cause him any trouble at school and i'm sure will help him to grow up to be a well balanced lad

Classic names

So did you do a Song & Dance? :rofl2br:

Is there something you need to tell us Benny, like the pitter patter of tiny feet maybe?

Oh and I happen to like the name Mackenzie!

For me, McKenzie = chav!! I do like the name hope, however as I do Skye. I think my firstborn female will be a Hope..... problem is it just doesnt really go with the surname!

Guest BeNeRz

Is there something you need to tell us Benny, like the pitter patter of tiny feet maybe?

Oh and I happen to like the name Mackenzie!

Noo hopefully not yet!!!

This thread mite get me paranoid if it carrys on! :me?:

yeh i don't mind the name.. just a bit different to what i thought she would call it!

Classic names

So did you do a Song & Dance? :rofl2br:

:chant6ez: no, they were only little girls when i knew them.......

a friend of mine named his children (and his dog :crying: ) after characters from an old 2000ad

storyline...." Bad Company"...his eldest son, Kano, is named after the leader who is a homicidal half man half Krool who has a frankenstien type zip around his head!!!!!!!

Then there was Danny (boring) and the dog was called ...Thrax after a particulaly unsavory character.. :D

Guest cityboyo1679

And in the far off future if i ever did have a kiddie, theyd be called summit differnet, like:

Ashton (for definate)

Kanye

MacKenzie (even though it ch*v i still like the name)

Christian

Brandon-Marc (It sounds awful but i like it for sum reason :blink: )

I know someone who works in a Nursery & she claims that there are a few 'Anikins' about at the moment!

Does that mean that they're going to be a great City fan for the first 15-20 years only to go & support the gas for a while until their sons bring them back to their senses?

Archived