IGNORED

The Ongoing Shirt Debate

Tinmansleftboot

Having purchased the new home shirt over two months ago in plenty of time for my dads birthday I have been somewhat concerned with all the posts questioning it's quality.

Having given the shirt to my City mad dad a fortnight ago I kept my fingers crossed that it was a good un and wouldn't fall apart. Anyway, as I say, two weeks on and the club is now sponsored by B ISTO ADE CENTR.... It has freyed down the back and all in all it' a very disappointing experience!

Our other club is Rangers and had a Gers shirt disintergrated like this I wouldn't think twice of returning it to the shop I bought it from. However, do City expect us to put up with poor quality and do the British thing and not complain. Afterall, if we did complain or heaven forbig return the shirt, this would cost the club money.

I'll be returning the jersey as it dosen't serve the purpose it was made for. I would advise everyone else to do the same.

The club have acknowledged the shirt problems and encouraged people to bring them in.

They have already stated that next year the kit will be manufactured by a brand and the fans will get a choice on which brand (from the options avaliable to the club)

I haven't bought this season's shirt and I don't intend to.

I don't like it anyway. My pet cat could design a better one. TFG are obviously paying their designers too much.

But concerns about the dire design aside, the quality appears to be pretty low. I'm not worried about the brand, I just want a decent shirt. The kit my own amateur team plays in is superior to City's current effort, and I believe our shirts were ridiculously cheap by comparison.

Maybe the club could also launch a competition to design the new kit for next season???

The club have acknowledged the shirt problems and encouraged people to bring them in.

They have already stated that next year the kit will be manufactured by a brand and the fans will get a choice on which brand (from the options avaliable to the club)

Can't remember the choice of brand bit ? :dunno:

Just out of interest has anyone had any problems with the Away shirt ?

( My golden shirt from that Wembley final against Stoke I try not to remember to often is still in fantastic condition )

Did have the home shirt, but had to take it back. So got the away one. Did seem to be better but after a few washes has started to go the same way.

Will be taking my shirt back on saturday, as the writing has now started to peel off again, my third shirt of the season now! How p!ss poor is that, normally a football shirt lasts a couple of years at least!

Exactly the same mate.... but cant be bothered to go back for a 4th.....

Archived