IGNORED

Don't Bother Going Saturday If

Alex_BCFC

....you were one of the people who booed Johnson off at the end. We don't need fans having a go at him after SEVEN, yes, just seven games in charge. It certainly wasn't his fault we lost tonight. We let in 3 soft goals. We let in the usual set piece goal, gave away the usual penalty and of course Allison scored.

First half I thought we did well and frustrated them. We should have got some shots in too when in promising positions.

Second half was a total reversal. We let them walk all over us and the good work of the first half was undone.

MOM was Orr for me. Made so much difference having him there than Carey. Just a shame the rest of the defence was so poor. Quinn worked hard up there alone. Not much else I can say about the others really. Injuries stop me judging how bad it was. We certainly missed Heywood. We also miss an entire left side. I'm confident we will win Saturday but we don't need those who don't believe in Johnson already.

We'll let in more than that when we get to play tougher opposition!!

######!!

:farmer::englandsmile4wf::farmer:

I think Chesterfield are the most in form side in the league at the moment. They beat Huddersfield, who are the best IMO in this league. We aren't going to play any sides playing better than Chesterfield did 2nd half.

Can I ask why not to go?

You mention that we let in 3 soft goals, and we let them walk all over us, but I fail to see the reason why showing passion to a manager and expressing opinions about players is so wrong?

I doubt fans were booing him or shouting abuse at him, its aimed at the 11 players on the pitch.

For me, I bear in mind the injuries, and if its a well fought performance, I don't clap, I walk out.

But when players "let them walk all over us" I think some of the players deserve a roasting and deserve to hear from Gary Johnson what the fans are thinking, the ones who do not get paid nearly as much as them.

I doubt fans were booing him or shouting abuse at him, its aimed at the 11 players on the pitch.

Some fans were booing and gesturing to him at the end and Johnson even tried to reason with some. It was a disgrace. They applauded off the players then turned on the manager. We don't need fans like that IMO. If it was 47 games in then I can understand, but not 7 games in. Give the guy a chance to sort the mess out.

I'd like to think you're right but the impression i got from GJ's interview on the radio was that he felt some fans were giving him stick directly.

Fanatical fans they may be, but hard to believe they could be so short-sighted.

I'd like to think you're right but the impression i got from GJ's interview on the radio was that he felt some fans were giving him stick directly.

Fanatical fans they may be, but hard to believe they could be so short-sighted.

If you were there, you wouldn't have believed it! 7 games in and they were calling him all sorts.

Some fans were booing and gesturing to him at the end and Johnson even tried to reason with some. It was a disgrace. They applauded off the players then turned on the manager. We don't need fans like that IMO. If it was 47 games in then I can understand, but not 7 games in. Give the guy a chance to sort the mess out.

Valid points, but with interests in irony, you have to remember what football club you have been supporting since 1888....

Without a shadow of a doubt, I think a number of fans of this football club feel we should be in a higher league because of our catchment area and the "sleeping giant" title.

Yeah, and I'm Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Sometimes I'm embarassed by how high our expectations are and how supporters feel we have the right to be playing championship football. The club has a fickle supporter problem, that wont be solved until we win the cup double and a champions league semi final.

Fact is we have an average squad with a poor mental attitude - both off the field and on. Its going to take Gary Johnson hell of a lot longer than 7 games to sort that out...

Its going to be an up and down season. I can see us winning on Saturday. And I can see us winning a lot more when players become available again. I will be happy to take it one step at a time, survive this league and look to next season.

Problem is when we win a game or two - we are talking about Bristol City at 28/1 to win the league again...

Passion??

Anger??

Frustration??

:city::city::city:

Of course we all feel these things- I go to every game to see this kind of crap. Doesn't mean I mouth off to a manager who has only just come in. It is not his fault that the club is in a mess. I felt sorry for GJ who had to put up with it and for the fans who embarrased those fans who want to get behind the manager and players.

Guest bristolbred

Of course we all feel these things- I go to every game to see this kind of crap. Doesn't mean I mouth off to a manager who has only just come in. It is not his fault that the club is in a mess. I felt sorry for GJ who had to put up with it and for the fans who embarrassed those fans who want to get behind the manager and players.

But are the Fans who "clapped" the players off "equally" embarrassing for showing "their" appreciation for yet another defeat??

Alex, I don't think you saw my last post, I'm interested if you heard specifically what these supporters were moaning at GJ personally about?

Ive had a think, and I can think of anything except certain players that should be moved on...

<cough, cough> Carey <ahem>

I couldn't repeat a lot of it! It was hard to hear all of it but Johnson was stood chatting back to a few of them for at least 30 seconds. Some of the people were getsuring (##nker signs) etc to him too. Fair play to Johnson for putting up with it and even chatting back trying to explain the situation.

Guest bristolbred

Yes- or I suppose it depends who they were clapping. I thought Orr and Quinn did well. The rest were either poor or very poor.

See, you thought Quinn did well, yet i think that Quinn was lucky NOT to have picked up two yellow cards tonight, and if that had meant him getting sent off, it would of allowed Chesterfield to of run even bigger rings around us!!

See, you thought Quinn did well, yet i think that Quinn was lucky NOT to have picked up two yellow cards tonight, and if that had meant him getting sent off, it would of allowed Chesterfield to of run even bigger rings around us!!

Yeah I thought he did well on his own. Can see what you're saying about the bookings and perhaps he got a bit lucky- I thought Johnson was going to bring him off after the 'elbow'. He holds the ball up well, perhaps better than Brooker. Problem is he won't score many goals like Brooker who we desperately miss (like Heywood).

Guest bristolbred

Injuries aside, at least we didn't loose 6-1 like i predicted!!

Brooker, and a few other's need to grow up, accept their responsibilities, and let's all get behind the Club!!

Tonight showed that their are 2 distinctive camps with regard to City Fans.

The vocal Criticism,

And those who applaud bad rubbish!!!

So let's hope GJ can get a side together to stay up this season, and to push for promotion next!!

:farmer::city::farmer:

i went and i tried 2 calm the supporters down, the hand gestures and comments were definitely not needed and i clapped at the end only for the 1st half performance and a few good ATTACKING spells in the 2nd half, however defending was poor from dead ball situations. like you said 7 games and everyone wants him out, its the passion thats worrying me :(

like you said 7 games and everyone wants him out, its the passion thats worrying me :(

I don't think 'everyone' wants him out. Just a few idiots who were angry. They are entilted to be angry after spending lots of money on travel etc, but to do that to Johnson is stupid really. Get behind the lads Saturday as I'm sure we will win then...! Maybe.

We'll always underacheive partly due to our some of our fans. Fact is when things arent going right it doesnt matter what the reason there is a large number of "fans" who attack whoever is in charge and if we can't let a manager build his team over time and rebuild the club as he said he wants to then it isnt going to be long before the manager leaves and were back to square one.

Guest norfolk in chance

You really are a on another planet!

I'll decide whether I go on Saturday or not and if people want to let the team & manager know what they think after yet another pathetic performance then they will. I'm not saying that I would boo or give them stick but I don't see why "messiah" Johnson should be above criticism if it justified (if being the important word). Why should people who made that trip last night and spent hard earned cash to watch that rubbish not be able to have a moan? I think it's about time the "happy clappy" brigade woke up and realised that not everyone wants to clap and cheer at rubbish. Johnson openly criticises the team in public why can't the supporters?

I wasn't mad enough to travel last night so I don't know exactly what went on regarding abuse but there is a massive amount of frustration amongst supporters and these things happen.

What gives you the right to make such plebbish comments?

p.s. please remove the rent boy picture

Everybody bangs on about how fickle the City fans are. I think it

has more to do with the fact we are desperate for success. These outbursts

by fans are instant reactions to watching yet another pathethic performance.

I believe us City fans have been VERY patient over the last few years.

We still average 11,000 each season after years of total garbage. Don't get

me wrong, I don't believe we have a devine right to be in the Championship

but we SHOULD be in the Championship. We have spent so much money

and we are back to square 1, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Whilst I don't believe in abusing individuals during a game, after the final whistle

these loyal fans are going to let the team and the manager know exactly what

they think, and rightly so.

Guest redphilc

Everybody bangs on about how fickle the City fans are. I think it

has more to do with the fact we are desperate for success. These outbursts

by fans are instant reactions to watching yet another pathethic performance.

I believe us City fans have been VERY patient over the last few years.

We still average 11,000 each season after years of total garbage. Don't get

me wrong, I don't believe we have a devine right to be in the Championship

but we SHOULD be in the Championship. We have spent so much money

and we are back to square 1, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Whilst I don't believe in abusing individuals during a game, after the final whistle

these loyal fans are going to let the team and the manager know exactly what

they think, and rightly so.

Agree that the team needs to know we won't put up with there poor performances. But I think the point Alex was making was that the team were clapped off by the fans who then turned on the manager.

Someone please explain what the manager has done to derserve that treatment?

Agree that the team needs to know we won't put up with there poor performances. But I think the point Alex was making was that the team were clapped off by the fans who then turned on the manager.

Someone please explain what the manager has done to derserve that treatment?

I know what Alex is saying, I don't believe Johnson deserves that abuse either. What i'm

saying is that fans are reacting in anger. When you are filled with rage and

dissapointment, reason doesn't come into it!! Whoever from the club is nearest

to you is going cop the abuse! He shouldn't take it so personally with emotions so

high at the moment.

Archived