IGNORED

Don't Bother Going Saturday If

Alex_BCFC

I wasn't mad enough to travel last night so I don't know exactly what went on regarding abuse but there is a massive amount of frustration amongst supporters and these things happen.

You didn't go. So, you didn't see the abuse he got. You also seem to think it's ok for fans to be calling our manager a '##nker' seven games in to his reign. Also, if you're going to argue a point, it's a bit sad you have to have a go at my picture. The fact that the irony is lost on you is worrying too.

Guest bristolbred

You also seem to think it's ok for fans to be calling our manager a '##nker' seven games in to his reign.

I didn't think Tinker was a bad word, so why the "##"'s??

And yes,

You do look like a rent boy in your avtar pic!!

So thank your lucky stars we arn't playing Brighton this season!!

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

I didn't think Tinker was a bad word, so why the "##"'s??

And yes,

You do look like a rent boy in your avtar pic!!

So thank your lucky stars we arn't playing Brighton this season!!

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Of course I do, I'm in band. If I didn't I'd look as bland as James Blunt! Perhaps I should do that- he has sold lots of records...

excuses, excuses, excuses- why is it some people seek to justify the actions of morons who are prepared to abuse either players or manager with such gestures. Wasn't there and didn't see it but its not passion - it is pathetic and no one should condone it. I would certianly be one to support banning the supporters who behaved in such fashion from Ashton Gate for a few games and see if that improved their behaviour. Sch behavioir should be simply not acceptable- the fact that there are some prepared to condone it is a reflection of what is wrong in our society today.

excuses, excuses, excuses- why is it some people seek to justify the actions of morons who are prepared to abuse either players or manager with such gestures. Wasn't there and didn't see it but its not passion - it is pathetic and no one should condone it. I would certianly be one to support banning the supporters who behaved in such fashion from Ashton Gate for a few games and see if that improved their behaviour. Sch behavioir should be simply not acceptable- the fact that there are some prepared to condone it is a reflection of what is wrong in our society today.

It is passion, anyone who went to Chesterfield on a Wednesday night in the current situation

is obviously passionate about the club. People display emotion in different

ways and if some want to display their anger at the end of the game they have

every right to.

People are frustrated, very frustrated and just because you don't scream and shout at the team

it doesn't give you the right to judge the people that do. I never boo during the

game and at the moment i'm past caring to scream abuse after it aswell, but i'm not ignorant

enough to dismiss those that do as pathetic.

It is passion, anyone who went to Chesterfield on a Wednesday night in the current situation

is obviously passionate about the club. People display emotion in different

ways and if some want to display their anger at the end of the game they have

every right to.

People are frustrated, very frustrated and just because you don't scream and shout at the team

it doesn't give you the right to judge the people that do. I never boo during the

game and at the moment i'm past caring to scream abuse after it aswell, but i'm not ignorant

enough to dimiss those that do as pathetic.

I think it was perfectly valid for some of our fans to have a go at the players (well some of them anyway). What wasn't right, no matter how 'passionate' you are, is having a go at a bloke who has been in charge only 7 games and has a mess to sort out.

Guest DrFaustus

Of course I do, I'm in band. If I didn't I'd look as bland as James Blunt! Perhaps I should do that- he has sold lots of records...

You do look as bland as James Blunt, or is that James Hunt's brother Mike?

What gives you the right to tell other fans not to go and watch their team by the way?

Guest DrFaustus

Yeah I'm a spitting image. Erm, I'm just saying we don't need support like that.

Do the cheeks of your arse move when you speak, or are you a ventriloquist?

Sorry deadratinmycider but you show your ignorance by suggesting that it is perfectly alright for some supporters who are disappointed with the performance to behave is such a manner. I applaud their passion in travelling to the game but if they cannot control themselves then perhaps they shouldn't bother- screaming foul mouthed abuse should not be tolerated no matter the situation and if you and others cannot see that then something is wrong.

Sorry deadantinmy cider but you show your ignorance by suggesting that it is perfectly alright for some supporters who are disappointed with the performance to behave is such a manner. I applaud their passion in travelling to the game but if they cannot control themselves then perhaps they shouldn't bother- screaming foul mouthed abuse should not be tolerated no matter the situation and if you and others cannot see that then something is wrong.

Agreed, especially if it toward a guy who has only just got here.

Sorry deadantinmy cider but you show your ignorance by suggesting that it is perfectly alright for some supporters who are disappointed with the performance to behave is such a manner. I applaud their passion in travelling to the game but if they cannot control themselves then perhaps they shouldn't bother- screaming foul mouthed abuse should not be tolerated no matter the situation and if you and others cannot see that then something is wrong.

Aren't you the one who got thrown out at Walsall?

I was there last night and would be more than happy if the fools who were giving Johnson abuse at the end don't attend on Saturday....or any other matchday. We simply don't need 'fans' like that.

Passion ? Don't make me laugh. When things aren't going well and when we're watching a team who are almost completely without confidence, exactly how does leaning over a barrier and hurling abuse at a manager who's been here barely 5 minutes help matters ? Scum. Plain and simple. Embarassed to be associated with them.

Faustus - what exactly gives you the right to come on here questioning our fans who are discussing matters related to our club ? When you find an answer to that, you'll have answered your own question too.....

Guest Jugband Blues

Agree that the team needs to know we won't put up with there poor performances. But I think the point Alex was making was that the team were clapped off by the fans who then turned on the manager.

Someone please explain what the manager has done to derserve that treatment?

I can explain why it has happend - Gary Johnson has failed to take the players he has and get them to play for him, public statements putting players down and theats of outing them are not great motivational techniques and a poor management style. At this point he has contributed to a decline in morale which has lead to poor performances. It may just be seven games but he has been in charge and is responsible for us being in a relegation battle.

I don't think personal abuse is constructive and I do think a manager should be given time but we are going to go down if Gary Johnson continues with his style of Management. There may be deep rooted problems at the club but there are other ways of dealing with it, that does not send the Club into freefall.

Guest norfolk in chance

You didn't go. So, you didn't see the abuse he got. You also seem to think it's ok for fans to be calling our manager a '##nker' seven games in to his reign. Also, if you're going to argue a point, it's a bit sad you have to have a go at my picture. The fact that the irony is lost on you is worrying too.

At no point did I say I think it's ok I simply said these things happen and are a sign of how frustrated everybody is! I also said that I didn't go and therefore didn't see the abuse.

If I want to have a go at your picture I will do.

The message I'm trying to get to is that feelings are running very high due to the pathetic performances that we have been putting up with for for about 18 months now. Gary Johnson is not above criticism and I say again IF it's warranted.

I do not condone it but I can see why it happens - not everybody can be as calm as you in such situations - some people are more emotional and I'm afraid thats's when things are done in the heat of the moment that people wouldn't normally do!

D0 you mean irony or ironing - you're quite right it is completely lost on me - but there's no need to worry about it :dunno:

I was there last night and would be more than happy if the fools who were giving Johnson abuse at the end don't attend on Saturday....or any other matchday. We simply don't need 'fans' like that.

Passion ? Don't make me laugh. When things aren't going well and when we're watching a team who are almost completely without confidence, exactly how does leaning over a barrier and hurling abuse at a manager who's been here barely 5 minutes help matters ? Scum. Plain and simple. Embarassed to be associated with them.

Faustus - what exactly gives you the right to come on here questioning our fans who are discussing matters related to our club ? When you find an answer to that, you'll have answered your own question too.....

You're all missing the point. I agree GJ doesn't deserve all the abuse he got last night but people react in

different ways. The people who gave him stick probably regret it today or are

over it now but will do it again because it's how some people show PASSION!!.

Anyone who went up there are proper fans, you and megansmum need to get off your

high horse.

At no point did I say I think it's ok I simply said these things happen and are a sign of how frustrated everybody is! I also said that I didn't go and therefore didn't see the abuse.

The message I'm trying to get to is that feelings are running very high due to the pathetic performances that we have been putting up with for for about 18 months now. Gary Johnson is not above criticism and I say again IF it's warranted.

I do not condone it but I can see why it happens - not everybody can be as calm as you in such situations - some people are more emotional and I'm afraid thats's when things are done in the heat of the moment that people wouldn't normally do!

D0 you mean irony or ironing - you're quite right it is completely lost on me - but there's no need to worry about it :dunno:

Hoorah, someone who hasn't got their head up their own posterior!

Ironing- I don't do that thankfully. Pointless exercise. I won't worry about you not understanding the irony if it makes you happier...

I see your points. My picture has nothing to do with the points I make etc. Fair enough if you want to criticise my point, but leave personal stuff out of it.

GJ isn't above criticism I agree. Having said that, to be completely (I said a naughty word) off with the bloke after 7 games is worrying. Those who had a go can do so, I just don't see how they help things.

Guest DrFaustus

I'm a free born citizen of this great country. That's what gives me the right!

Right on...testify!

What on earth are you on?

deadratinmycider - it's not a very 'high horse' is it, expecting fans to at least give Johnson a fair crack of the whip ? Instead of inflicting foul-mouthed abuse and ##***r signs on him as he tries to make his way down the tunnel ?

More of a Shetland Pony I think....with no legs. :)

If you agree, as you say, that he doesn't deserve it, why make excuses for the people who did it ?

Guest DrFaustus

Exactly...and that's precisely what gives Alex the right to say what he said.

Well done, finally you understand....that's what gives those who choose to boo or abuse your players/manager/club cat, the right to their freedom of speech.

QED.

If you agree, as you say, that he doesn't deserve it, why make excuses for the people who did it ?

Because I can sympathise with the way some people are feeling and i'm not ignorant

enough to class them as second class supporters.

I'm totally fed up with the club at the moment so I can understand a fan snapping

and having a good rant at the end of the game. You have your way of dealing with

another pathetic defeat and they have theirs, simple as that.

Well done, finally you understand....that's what gives those who choose to boo or abuse your players/manager/club cat, the right to their freedom of speech.

QED.

Finally I understand ? You've known me long then ?

The boo boys certainly have the right to their freedom of speech and providing their actions stay within the law they are free to express themselves in any manner they see fit.

Alex has the right to suggest that they stop (which you questioned).

I have the right to agree or disagree with him.

We all have rights.

I also have the right to wonder why you spend so much time on our board chipping away with comments which I presume you think make you seem important / clever / funny ?

Perhaps now you understand ? I certainly do. :laugh:

and my point is that even had we lost the last twenty matches foul mouthed abuse is unacceptable - it is not a question of time. Not sure what a proper fan is, though it seems by your definition Massive Attack gets in but making obscene gestures at your own team would not be high on my list of qualifying factors.

Guest DrFaustus

I also have the right to wonder why you spend so much time on our board chipping away with comments which I presume you think make you seem important / clever / funny ?

Perhaps now you understand ? I certainly do. :laugh:

I enjoy banter. As I know the grand total of 2 people who use this board, it's hardly to make myself look important/clever or funny. Putting a picture of yourself in your avatar however.....

It's half term, I only work term times...you've got the dubious pleasure of my company until Wednesday when I'm at home. Enjoy. :)

Guest redphilc

I can explain why it has happend - Gary Johnson has failed to take the players he has and get them to play for him, public statements putting players down and theats of outing them are not great motivational techniques and a poor management style. At this point he has contributed to a decline in morale which has lead to poor performances. It may just be seven games but he has been in charge and is responsible for us being in a relegation battle.

I don't think personal abuse is constructive and I do think a manager should be given time but we are going to go down if Gary Johnson continues with his style of Management. There may be deep rooted problems at the club but there are other ways of dealing with it, that does not send the Club into freefall.

That still doesn't explain what GJ has done to derserve that treatment.

As for needing to change his style of management or we will go down. Bit early to be thinking that, afterall his hands are tied until January with regards to sorting out our deep rooted problems?

Give the guy a chance before writing him off.

He will sort it out but as always with every manager many fans at this club don't look like they want him to.

Archived