IGNORED

Don't Bother Going Saturday If

Alex_BCFC

Did some fans think GJ was going to take over from Tinman and all of a sudden he would transform our squad in League One Champions? This was never going to happen. It will take time for GJ to assemble 'his' squad/team and until this time I think it would be prudent for all of us to give him 100% support, home and away.

I fully appreciate that some of the 'fans' who travelled miles and spent plenty of money watching the Chesterfield match last night were angry with the performance, but in essence we are still all watching the very squad and team that Tinman put together, with a few exceptions and least we forget, it was assembling this squad that effectively lead to Tinman departure. Therefore, what were you expecting? (Prepare yourselves for "passion, commitment, cohesion, goal goals goals, which may I add would be great!)

So would it not make sense for certain 'fans' to give GJ a bit of time and perhaps little respect. If you are from the mould that enjoys unleashing a tirade of foul mouth abuse at your manager, pehaps wait a little while, at least until a time when he has done something that warrants your prefered choice of action. As yet he has not, he is trying to make the best of squad that was out together by a 'rookie' manager, and we can all see that this squad as it stands isn't good enough to get us promoted, (although I would gladly stand corrected come April/May).

Once he has 'his' team together then will see what he is all about.

Guest redphilc

That still doesn't explain what GJ has done to derserve that treatment.

As for needing to change his style of management or we will go down. Bit early to be thinking that, afterall his hands are tied until January with regards to sorting out our deep rooted problems?

Give the guy a chance before writing him off.

He will sort it out but as always with every manager many fans at this club don't look like they want him to.

answered here link.

He wasn't given any poor treatment, more like informed about fans opinion of the players.

I agree with Jugband. Johnson's come in and is clearly setting his stall out before he clears house. Problem is it will be 2 months before he gets stuck into the transfer market. In that time people will be thinking "Is it me? Am i out of the door soon?". It's a natural thing. Next problem is that if you continue indefinitely under a cloud of impending doom your morale will slump regardless of whether Johnson will want you to stay or not.

Then he goes into the media (and even to fans) telling all and sundry "Yeah not happy with them" etc;

Sooner or later morale will get to such a point he'll have to start telling taking the players aside and telling them "You're staying, crack on" otherwise all 20 odd players will be nervous wrecks.

Think about it like this - your manager comes in and says "We're losing cash, redundancies are highly likely especially just after xmas" - what do you think, or do, or perform like? What do you tell your misses.

Now imagine the dressing room. Now imagine playing reasonably then going down 1-0. Yeah ok so they're highly paid professionals, they'll be affected and probably think - **** it!! I'm already on the way out.

He may need to re evaluate his team management - thats all I'm thinking.

Archived