IGNORED

Thierry Henry

Robbored

Certainly did! Absolute scorcher. Feel a bit gutted for man city, they fought very well. I also a agree, hes fast turning into one of my all time favourites along with zidane. My my what a team france have got :wub: Add pires, Thuram, trezeguet, viera (Highly rate him) Lizurazu, desailly even Dugarry. Frightening really!

Guest pogue mahone
I await Pogue Mahone's response telling us that there's no point in scoring goals like that when you cant head a ball.    ^_^
thankfully you beat me to it. but the fact remains that thierry has scored about 3 headed goals in 8 years, and one of those hit him in the face.

christ on a bike, i've even seen james beattie score goals like the one henry scored on sunday, and he can head a ball. but only a fool would suggest that he's the best player around.

Your not an EXPERT, and all the expert plus thousands of Chelsea and United fans agree he is. Who cares if he can head a ball, VAN HORSEFACE rarely scores headed goals, scores more than Henry but Henry came from nowhere and made himself world class for both Arsenal and France. AND WATCH REYES GO!
Yeh yeh we heard you first time ^_^

Who cares if Henry doesn't score many goals with his head? He doesn't need to.Arsenal play to his strengths not his weaknessess - you don't see many high crosses into the box when Henry's in the middle.

He's a maginificent player.Pace,trickery,confidence and consistancy.

Dunno if you heard the 5 live commentary on Sunday - it went ""Parlour wide to Henry......Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Thierry Henry!! Maginificent goal""....

He only played 12 Damn Games!
He used to play on the right wing for juventus, might explain why he did'nt do too well, but I noticed him in the world cup 2000 playing for france before he got injured and I thought then he looked a different class then.

Guest pogue mahone

right then, this will be my last post on the subject because we are just covering the same ground over and over again.

i don't think that i've ever said that henry is not a great player, all i have done is point out that in my opinion he is not the best player in world, for the following reasons.

1- he can't head a football to save his or anyone elses life.

2- he tends to go missing when it matters. he was totally ineffective towards the end of last season, and even the year before when they did win the league it was ljungberg not henry who was doing the business when the pressure was on, he only turns it on in the champions league about once or twice a year, during the last world cup 3 anonymous displays culminating in his sending off in the final group match.

3- his finishing is not consistant enough, yes he can score great goals, but his shots to goals ratio is not that good. in a side that produced less chances he would only score about half of the goals that he does.

4- this links in with the above points and goes some way to respond to rob's comments. henry needs his midfield to be functioning as he drops so deep. now this is ok in the premiership where the top 3 all get space to play because everyone else is scared of them. it falls down in the europe where other sides swamp the arsenal midfield and more often than not nullify any threat that he offers.

like i say a good player, but don't tell me he's the best in the world.

Guest mjm slb

Henry is the most overrated player in the world, yes he is a class act but world class i have my doubts. you say about his goal against man city but did you see his miss in the first half. thats my point he is not a natural goal scorer like players like van nistel rooy or ronaldo, i would have these two players over henry any day of the week

Henry is the most overrated player in the world, yes he is a class act but world class i have my doubts. you say about his goal against man city but did you see his miss in the first half. thats my point he is not a natural goal scorer like players like van nistel rooy or ronaldo, i would have these two players over henry any day of the week
Not a natural finisher?

Give this man the Biggest Comedian of the year, Dont worry about Thierry not getting world player.

HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. THE ONLY REASON ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT AGREE IS BECAUSE HE'S ARSENAL.

you obviously not got a clue about football

Guest pogue mahone
HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. THE ONLY REASON ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT AGREE IS BECAUSE HE'S ARSENAL.
yeah, that's pretty much what i said.

i've put forward my argument, now how about you put one forward that tries to convince me that he can do anything better than raul, shevchenko or nedved.

let's face it you only think he's the best because "he's arsenal"

Who cares if he can't head a ball ?

As for him not being a goalscorer do you have a brain ? as you seem to like comparing him to RvN, he has mirrored van nistelrooys goal scoring in the premiership in the last three seasons,

They both got 15 in the first one, Henry got 24 and RvN got 23 in the second season and last season Henry got 24 and RvN got 25, and Henry got something like 38 assists, any other players in the world want to bang in 24 league goals and make 38 ?

Ronaldo is the best striker in the world, that is undesputable, his goalscoring record in spain is incredible and has been all his carrear.

Rvn is the nest best striker, followed by Henry.

Henry is the best player in the world, Zidane is not, he was 2 years ago, but last season he did absolutely nothing to deserve the world player of the year award.

Who cares if he can't head a ball ?

As for him not being a  goalscorer do you have a brain ? as you seem to like comparing him to RvN, he has mirrored van nistelrooys goal scoring in the premiership in the last three seasons,

They both got 15 in the first one, Henry got 24 and RvN got 23 in the second season and last season Henry got 24 and RvN got 25, and Henry got something like 38 assists, any other players in the world want to bang in 24 league goals and make 38 ?

Ronaldo is the best striker in the world, that is undesputable, his goalscoring record in spain is incredible and has been all his carrear.

Rvn is the nest best striker, followed by Henry.

Henry is the best player in the world, Zidane is not, he was 2 years ago, but last season he did absolutely nothing to deserve the world player of the year award.

Brilliant Post, it's PLAYER we're talking here, not goalscorer, and i watched Totti and Nedved the other day - nothing to change my mind, they were pretty dismal.

Archived