IGNORED

Back Johnson?

Tinmansleftboot

Why are people wasting their time with the " save johnson " campaign?

Do people really think that his job is under threat? Of course it's not. He needs time. He will get time.

People should be backing a sack the board campaign! Are you all so short sighted that you cant see that the problem lies with them?

I've read many posts stating that the position we're in is an accumulative effect of bad management by the board and manager, bad policy, bad signings, bad this, bad that blahh blahh blahh.

Wake up and smell the coffee people. The buck stops with the board. They employ the manager, he in turn buys the players, they play the matches, they loose the matches and we suffer the pain! It's all traced back to the board! But thier more than happy to sack people when things go wrong. Who sacks them???

Yes. this current board have done an ok job, but it's now time for some fresh blood! It's all getting very stale down the gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest ashtonyate

Why are people wasting their time with the " save johnson " campaign?

Do people really think that his job is under threat? Of course it's not. He needs time. He will get time.

People should be backing a sack the board campaign! Are you all so short sighted that you cant see that the problem lies with them?

I've read many posts stating that the position we're in is an accumulative effect of bad management by the board and manager, bad policy, bad signings, bad this, bad that blahh blahh blahh.

Wake up and smell the coffee people. The buck stops with the board. They employ the manager, he in turn buys the players, they play the matches, they loose the matches and we suffer the pain! It's all traced back to the board! But thier more than happy to sack people when things go wrong. Who sacks them???

Yes. this current board have done an ok job, but it's now time for some fresh blood! It's all getting very stale down the gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do you think they are queing outside the ground waiting to run the Club don't think so, Lansdowne and the board have made mistakes a lot of them, but you got to give them credit for sticking with it a lot of people would have knock it in the head by now

Yes Tinnion was a mistake sacking Wilson was the right thing to do,and he has signed a good top class manager we all know the team is not strong enough, hopefulley they will get in right Johnson is a winner he will not stand for second best but.

WE MUST GIVE HIM TIME TO DO THE JOB

Do you think they are queing outside the ground waiting to run the Club don't think so, Lansdowne and the board have made mistakes a lot of them, but you got to give them credit for sticking with it a lot of people would have knock it in the head by now

Yes Tinnion was a mistake sacking Wilson was the right thing to do,and he has signed a good top class manager we all know the team is not strong enough, hopefulley they will get in right Johnson is a winner he will not stand for second best but.

WE MUST GIVE HIM TIME TO DO THE JOB

Don't agree at all!!!

Sacking Wilson was a shocking mistake. Hiring Tinman was an even worse mistake. We could have signed a "Top Class" manager after Wilson. But, No, the club wanted to save a buck at the expense of promotion. It almost worked for them in Tinman's first season. We almost reached the dizzy heights of the play offs.

Wilson didn't have too many fans at the end but we haven't played any decent stuff since he left. I used to go to City matches wondering how many we'd score. I now go wondering how many we'll conceed!

The club is in a mess. THAT'S DOWN TO AN AGING BOARD THAT'S LOST ANY CONFIDENCE I ONCE HAD IN THEM!!!!!

I also agree that there isn't a long line of possible replacements. With that being the case they have carte blanch to do what they want. And they have done just that!!!!

I used to go to City matches wondering how many we'd score. I now go wondering how many we'll concede!

Yes, a very valid point. Defensively we've played poor football for a long time. Even when we win we're conceding at the back.

Back to the original point, I don't think there's a "Save Johnson" campaign. Rather it's a "Back Johnson" campaign: a call for fans to unite behind him, to be patient and supportive. Which is the least he deserves. I don't care how good he is, he's not going to win promotion with this team, so it's important that fans recognise the mountain we have to climb and don't become quick to judge him when we get a bad result like on Wednesday.

Johnson has his work cut out to turn the club's fortunes dramatically around and the least we can do is let him see through the changes he wants to make. Surely "backing" him is more constructive than the idiotic calls to sack him already!

Don't agree at all!!!

Sacking Wilson was a shocking mistake. Hiring Tinman was an even worse mistake. We could have signed a "Top Class" manager after Wilson.

Wasn't Wilson a "top class" manager who was given four years and quite a lot of backing, but didn't take us anywhere. I think the Board was completely right to try something different. It didn't work out, but it was still worth a try

But, No, the club wanted to save a buck at the expense of promotion. It almost worked for them in Tinman's first season. We almost reached the dizzy heights of the play offs.

But this is all "top class" Wilson achieved in his four years - and we didn't reach the play-offs at all in his first two seasons

Wilson didn't have too many fans at the end but we haven't played any decent stuff since he left. I used to go to City matches wondering how many we'd score. I now go wondering how many we'll conceed!

The club is in a mess. THAT'S DOWN TO AN AGING BOARD THAT'S LOST ANY CONFIDENCE I ONCE HAD IN THEM!!!!!

Doesn't the appointment of Johnson inspire any confidence?? I think it's an excellent move that shows determination and ambition

I also agree that there isn't a long line of possible replacements. With that being the case they have carte blanch to do what they want. And they have done just that!!!!

I'm not a boo boy. I am aware that if the board quit today we'd be in big trouble. My point is that they appear to be very short sighted. They leave it until it's too late to do anything. They are useless!

As I've said before, if City were anything other than a football club they would have been booted out a long time ago!

If hiring Gary Johnson is ambition they you can stick it. Yes, he's an ok manager but if he was the holy grail that most of you seem to think he is then why wasn't he wanted by bigger clubs? granted Derby and Coventry wanted him but they didn't persue him to the ends of the earth. Did they? And just how much bigger than City are they?

I'll stick to my guns on the Wilson issue. he was treated badly by a board that was in a blind panic at the time! Wilson spent time and money into moulding us into a decent team. Yes, we missed out on a playoff spot a couple of times but at least we NEVER diced with relegation!!

Wilson was given four years. He achieved more than I thought he would. Those of you who barack Danny have very short memories. Remember Tony Pulis??????? Well, those days are back!!

How many more times is this board going to fob us off with the " It's going to take time " number, only to sack the guy they entrusted with the job a long TIME after they hired him!!

If any of you want to join my " We Love Danny Wilson And Hate The Board" Club then you can send me a stamped addressed envelope to -

We Love Danny Wilson and Hate the Board Campaign

1 Danny Wilson House

Danny Wilson Street

Dannywilsonden

Dannyhamptonshire

that 1 WIL

I'm not a boo boy. I am aware that if the board quit today we'd be in big trouble. My point is that they appear to be very short sighted. They leave it until it's too late to do anything. They are useless!

As I've said before, if City were anything other than a football club they would have been booted out a long time ago!

If hiring Gary Johnson is ambition they you can stick it. Yes, he's an ok manager but if he was the holy grail that most of you seem to think he is then why wasn't he wanted by bigger clubs? granted Derby and Coventry wanted him but they didn't persue him to the ends of the earth. Did they? And just how much bigger than City are they?

I'll stick to my guns on the Wilson issue. he was treated badly by a board that was in a blind panic at the time! Wilson spent time and money into moulding us into a decent team. Yes, we missed out on a playoff spot a couple of times but at least we NEVER diced with relegation!!

Wilson was given four years. He achieved more than I thought he would. Those of you who barack Danny have very short memories. Remember Tony Pulis??????? Well, those days are back!!

How many more times is this board going to fob us off with the " It's going to take time " number, only to sack the guy they entrusted with the job a long TIME after they hired him!!

If any of you want to join my " We Love Danny Wilson And Hate The Board" Club then you can send me a stamped addressed envelope to -

We Love Danny Wilson and Hate the Board Campaign

1 Danny Wilson House

Danny Wilson Street

Dannywilsonden

Dannyhamptonshire

that 1 WIL

In a nutshell - I think you're saying that the Board is far too slow to act, but St Danny should have been given even more time. Have I got it straight??

And who would have been your choice of manager, given your comments on Johnson?

Thats a very good question redpanda. Who would have been my choice of manager? In my world we wouldn't have been in a scenario where we would had to a new manager. Due to years of mis management this club has to make do with a guy like GJ.

Now, this isn't an attack on Gary by any account. I'm sure if the board give him the time he needs then all will be rosy in the garden of Ashton Gate. My main concern is that he'll follow Danny after failing to drag the club up from the pits of despare, that the board through mis management, have dug us into!

• Admin

Sacking Wilson was a shocking mistake.

No, he'd had his time and he didn't have what it takes to get us up, there were plenty of reports of players 'bending' the rules on nightclubbing etc. during his tenure, maybe if he had sorted that out then he might have achieved his objective. He had a fitness coach and a sports psychologist, he had money to spend and he still failed.

I used to go to City matches wondering how many we'd score. I now go wondering how many we'll conceed!

Not in Wilson's last season you didn't...........

The board recognise that, the removal of Tinnion and the expense of bringing in Johnson ( I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Steve L has funded that!!) indicate that. The fact that one of Johnson's first tasks was to make a report on the playing side of the club must also show that he is being given the job of putting this club back on the right track - I'm sure he will get funds to bring in players in January.

No, he'd had his time and he didn't have what it takes to get us up, there were plenty of reports of players 'bending' the rules on nightclubbing etc. during his tenure, maybe if he had sorted that out then he might have achieved his objective. He had a fitness coach and a sports psychologist, he had money to spend and he still failed.

He was given four years in which the club progressed season by season. We get to the brink of the promised land and we sack him....Fantastic business move!!

Not in Wilson's last season you didn't...........

I didn't have to worry about how many we scored. We ended up third and with a wee bit of luck could have gone up.

The board recognise that, the removal of Tinnion and the expense of bringing in Johnson ( I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Steve L has funded that!!) indicate that. The fact that one of Johnson's first tasks was to make a report on the playing side of the club must also show that he is being given the job of putting this club back on the right track - I'm sure he will get funds to bring in players in January.

So he sodding well should fund it!! It was his fault in the first place that we're in this position!

The board recognise that, the removal of Tinnion and the expense of bringing in Johnson ( I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Steve L has funded that!!) indicate that.

I should think so - it was his mistake and he said judge me on Tinnion - paying out is the least he could do

• Admin

He was given four years in which the club progressed season by season. We get to the brink of the promised land and we sack him....Fantastic business move!!

He was bankrupting the club with his desire for a Premiership backroom set up in the third division, he had massive resources compared with his peers and still was unable to give his team that little bit extra.

So he sodding well should fund it!! It was his fault in the first place that we're in this position!

If it wasn't for him, we may not have a club to support and the man is just as eager for success as the rest of us.

He was bankrupting the club with his desire for a Premiership backroom set up in the third division, he had massive resources compared with his peers and still was unable to give his team that little bit extra.

If it wasn't for him, we may not have a club to support and the man is just as eager for success as the rest of us.

Oh come on. If we'd beaten Brighton in the play off final Wilson would still be in charge and we'd be a reasonable championship by now. We just needed a wee bit of luck.

And if it wasn't for SL we may well be in the championship by now. Just because he " saved " the club, it doesn't mean he has the right to wreck us aswell!

Just how SL has made a success in the business world is beyond me. He shows NO sign of bringing his business know how to City.

If we have to point the finger at anyone it should be firmly pointed at SL.

This is only my opinion and I thank you for having a decent discusion with me Schutzhund. All too often certain people on this forum would question my loyalty to the club. I rarely post, but when I do I feel strongly! As I do now!

Archived