IGNORED

Traffic Chaos In Bristol (clifton Area)

Never to the dark side

At the time of posting thier is a protest going on at the Clifton suspension bridge

The Bridge is currently closed

Considering that some of us are in the bridge area on Saturday for the footy.

I hope the protest is over by saturday cos when they did it last week in

Plymouth(in the county of Cornwall) they stayed on the Tamar bridge for seven days,we don't any one being delayed en-route to Ashton

The protesters (numbering about fiften(a football team)) are dressed as Super heroes

Superman Spiderman Batman and Robin, wonder if its the filming for the new fools and horses special

Just curios what shop rented the outfits out

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Good lads, I doubt their protest well make much difference though - In a PC new labour world we still can't get equality in paternity and divorce issues.

• Admin
At the time of posting thier is a protest going on at the Clifton suspension bridge

The Bridge is currently closed

Considering that some of us are in the  bridge area on Saturday for the footy.

I hope the protest is over by saturday cos when they did it last week in

Plymouth(in the county of Cornwall) they stayed on the  Tamar bridge for seven days,we don't any one being delayed en-route to Ashton

The protesters (numbering about fiften(a football team)) are dressed as Super heroes

Superman Spiderman Batman and Robin, wonder if its the filming for the new fools and horses special

Just curios what shop rented the outfits out

Apparently they've got enough supplies to keep them there for FOUR WEEKS! Arse! :wub:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"There was absolutely nothing I could do about it "

Exactly, the system is so stacked against men you have no chance from the outset. The annoying thing is, a gay couple has more chance of adopting a child than a father has of getting his way on paternity issues.

Guest lydneyred

Good on them, I say.

My other half has a son, who he was not told existed until he was nearly a month old, he wasn't even told that she was pregnant.

She refused to put his name on the birth certificate and up until recently took £120 a month off him for child support, which she used to buy wine and her other kid presents.

she refuses to let us see him, and when we do she bitches about it and threatens to call the police saying that we took him without her consent.

the only thing I am glad off is that he is being raised in a country where the law states that children from the age of 12 can decide where they want to live so hopefully he will choose to come and live with us, so that him and his father can spend time together at last.

Is it just the bridge thats shut or is the portway shut as well? Doubt they will be up there a week. Its too windy and cold even for superheroes!

They certainly have succeeded in getting publicity for thier cause.One of them was interviewed on National Radio 5 at lunch time.

Whilst I have sympathy for their cause I was nevertheless very irritated by them closing the Susp.Bridge.Its my main route into work and it took me over 3 times as long today meaning that I arrived late and kept my patients waiting.They could have done without that hassle.

There was a girl on the radio saying that she had to present a thesis at the Uni this morning as 25% of her Degree and if she failed to get there she would lose those marks.She was distraught.

These guys should consider how their publicity stunt effects so many innocent people and give the motorist and other comuters a break.We nearly always take the brunt of these stunts.Look what happened in the City centre not long back when anti-war protesters caused havoc there protesting against George Bush.They didn't inconvienience him much did they.

No - it was the commuters again.

Guest east_dundry_red

The problem is at the moment if a child is born outside of marraige then the father has NO legal right to the child. This will be changed within the next 5 years so hopefully the fathers around the country will be able to get to see their children without this hassle.

The problem is there are over 200 laws preventing fathers access to their children.

A man I know left his unmarried wife and she got custody of the children. At first he was only allowed to see the 2 of them every other Wednesday, which isn't very helpful when you have your own business. Luckily one day when he was going to pick them up there was no reply and he phoned the police. His ex was completely drunk and one of the children (they are both under 5) injured themselves. He took photos and two police officers came and with this evidence he got custody of the children.

However she got to see the children every weekend from Friday night to Sunday evening. The system always favours the mother.

Since when was 'Fat Bloke' a well known superhero?
haha, thanks for that Edson, it made me laugh out loud, which is good seems i've just failed my driving test for the third time! , I'm starting to think the whole driving thing just isnt for me, afterall, public transport isnt bad these days, very reliable ^_^

Guest WillsbridgeRed

As normal an interesting thread is moved out of site

At least it makes space for the threads posted by the QPR muppet, a thread on Swindon maybe being spread over all the local telly networks oh and further back a post on the status of HTV. All interesting debates there I see.

haha, thanks for that Edson, it made me laugh out loud, which is good seems i've just failed my driving test for the third time! , I'm starting to think the whole driving thing just isnt for me, afterall, public transport isnt bad these days, very reliable  ^_^
Might cost you a bit extra with the re-test and everything, but is it really worth giving up? Just think of all the money you would have effectively "thrown away."

I thought about doing that after failing for the second time, but realised that I would have just wasted god knows how much on lessons, theory etc. Thankfully passed on the third attempt (thankfully).

Good luck for the next test :D .

As for these protests, although I can see where they're coming from, surely there is a better way at getting their point across. Would imagine that they have angered a lot of drivers that rely on that bridge to get to and from work.

Archived