IGNORED

Right

cider head

I really like: "My old man..." Beacuase we've now got extra bit's which we did'nt sing from the 70's onwards...

Anyway...

Giv'us a C..

A..

You need to speak with the lad who occasionally posts on here as 'Eastender' - the lad is a musical genius and has memorised about 100+ BCFC songs past and present. :farmer:

You need to speak with the lad who occasionally posts on here as 'Eastender' - the lad is a musical genius and has memorised about 100+ BCFC songs past and present. :farmer:

No honestly RG. I know most of the song's from that time..

The best ever was: Come on you Reds.

From the open end to the enclosure, to the east end..

The Dolman never used to sing then..

:D

And IF you can't remember which one's;

Click on the link!!

http://www.footballchants.org/

(by the way, you need to click on LEAGUE 1, and then BRISTOL CITY!!)

:englandsmile4wf::city::farmer::city::englandsmile4wf:

Brilliant.

After consulting with that website I must object to the song 'Danny Coles', that begins:

"Sexy everything about u so sexy

u don't event no what u got

don't eva take a spot........kick".

Which apparently we must "sing 2 danny coles cuz he cant take pens but o my is he sexy".

Guest DrFaustus

I'm used to getting abused by you lot, so here goes....

Why in the name of Christ are people complaining about enthusiastic supporters of your club using 'bad' language? Did they start watching football after crybaby Gascoigne played the goof in 1990 and it became trendy?

Just asking like.

Guest BCTIDBolts

"Smell my fingers is justt firking funny and there is no way that is stopping! :devil:

Apart from that, I can't see where the problems are."

I think the smell my fingers chant is pretty nasty to be honest. Iwas sat around there with my sister and i was embaressed even though its harmless its dam right crude. Only about 30 or 40 really sing it so its not like its generating atmosphere. Just a minging song which i sit far away enough not to hear now. Yes i do scream on the City but do have certain standards which stop me even listening to that chant....

being honest

BCTID

"Smell my fingers is justt firking funny and there is no way that is stopping! :devil:

I think the smell my fingers chant is pretty nasty to be honest. Iwas sat around there with my sister and i was embaressed even though its harmless its dam right crude. Only about 30 or 40 really sing it so its not like its generating atmosphere. Just a minging song which i sit far away enough not to hear now. Yes i do scream on the City but do have certain standards which stop me even listening to that chant....

being honest

BCTID

At least you were honest..

I always laugh at that song :laugh:

Look lads, virtualy nobody that you want to is willing to answer, so why don't we just give up on home games and do more away!!! oldham was an absolutely fantastic day all round ( apart from the football as usual).

Lets leave all the hassles at the gate behind and get to having some fun and enjoyment again!!It's obvious we aren't wanted!! We can always do the odd "big" game like forest, yeovil or the jacks like the rest of the part timers.

Better still, lets just do trips to the seaside, and not let the "football" ruin a good day out!!!!

Look lads, virtualy nobody that you want to is willing to answer, so why don't we just give up on home games and do more away!!! oldham was an absolutely fantastic day all round ( apart from the football as usual).

Lets leave all the hassles at the gate behind and get to having some fun and enjoyment again!!It's obvious we aren't wanted!! We can always do the odd "big" game like forest, yeovil or the jacks like the rest of the part timers.

Better still, lets just do trips to the seaside, and not let the "football" ruin a good day out!!!!

The lad that posts as 'Tactical Genius' reckons he doesn't bother with home games and I now see his point. Every away game I've been to in recent years has been a great matchday experience for atmosphere and banter even when our team has been drubbed.

I have never felt offended at a chant, and I doubt I never will.

Sometimes I wonder why groups of enthuastic singers who want to will the team on are targetted when I hear individuals in the blocks near me single out abuse at players/ref/linos with real foul language that I would just edge as unacceptable purely because it is just an 'individual'

I think you could be onto something here old spot.

Oldham was a great day out - apart from the score.

That was my 91st league ground covered (all with City ! ) and away days are usually better fun.

I certainly can't think of another ground i've been to where the people running the club are trying to ostacize half of their own supporters.

I've never heard a football song i've been offended by, even Northampton singing '7 - 1' years ago didn't do that. Just made me gutted !

Perhaps we should all get together and organize a silent match where no one sings and see if that improves the enjoyment of the PC brigade.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

There's one swearword in that song "###g"

I think the person that made that complaint about that song may be a social worker, or possibly a Lib Dem party member. Almost certainly a guardian reader.

I think the person that made that complaint about that song may be a social worker, or possibly a Lib Dem party member. Almost certainly a guardian reader.

No, it was me and I can assure you I am not a social worker or a member of any political party - and I was brought up in Hartcliffe!

You all seem to be paranoid about the amount of swearing when it is obscenity that is the issue. There is no doubting that the 'Addams Family' is obscene.

Obscenity is illegal - i.e. there are laws against it.

###### ###### ###### is a type of tobacco or kind of cormorant! This is NOT a swear word, so song is fine! :farmer:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Obscenity is illegal - i.e. there are laws against it.

Wrong, this song would not be illeagal, it is not obscene. There is no law against obscene chanting. Also, you can not be arrested for swearing, ou HAVE to be given a warning first, and then would be charged with a public order offence or drunk and disorderly.

Wrong, this song would not be illeagal, it is not obscene. There is no law against obscene chanting. Also, you can not be arrested for swearing, ou HAVE to be given a warning first, and then would be charged with a public order offence or drunk and disorderly.

Read my post again.

Obscenity is a grey area and usually ends up being decided by a judge or jury. It is the legal process that decides if something is obscene. In MY opinion, the chant is obscene.

I wouldn't presume to know the law and state categorically that obscene chanting was against the law, I merely said that obscenity was illegal. Again, in MY opinion, because it is a grey area, the club are making a point - and I support them for that.

With regard to swearing, I believe you are correct, it is a public order offence and you can be arrested. But whether or not you will be warned first is probably debateable. Though obviously you have researched these things and know the letter of the law. ;)

Your having a cormorant?

IPB Image

You have lost me brian ? :laugh:

The word S##G in the adams family song is being interpreted as a swear word! i was only giving it its correct meaning which is tabacco or a cormorant. do you get my meaning now? But looking at your jpg i'm now looking at my wife twice!!!!! :dance:

The word S##G in the adams family song is being interpreted as a swear word! i was only giving it its correct meaning which is tabacco or a cormorant. do you get my meaning now? But looking at your jpg i'm now looking at my wife twice!!!!! :dance:

:rofl2br:

Look 3 times just incase...

I get you now :razz:

Did you know Cromwell was the first ever Labour Dictator. He banned Christmas so that people could save more in pensions, after squandering the nations pension fund on wart removal therapy.

Hundreds of years later Tony B LAIR wastes the nations pension funds on NHS operations for transexuals and employing scientists to find a cure to his wifes face.

Lord Willsbridge, you'd make a good living writing for the Daily Mail. However, Mail readers are usually astute when it comes to political affiliations e.g. Oliver Cromwell was not Labour but an independent MP for Huntingdon. :farmer:

See from another post that The Addams Family song is one that might cause offence- anyone care to post the suitably asterisked words so we could judge.............

take your point but this song has not been sang in g-block for a while ;)

anyway the word ###### is a carpet is it not, a ###### pile carpet...

being honest

BCTID

that is fair enough, thanks for being honest ;)

that is fair enough, thanks for being honest ;)

Thanks for being sad would be a better response.

The word minging isn't pleasant, but, that is more acceptable?

Anyway, back to my Scampi Fries :yawn:

Archived