IGNORED

Agogo To City.

TinnionForEngland

Guest WillsbridgeRed

All the sags seem to think he wants to stay a sag. I'm inclined to agree, however as we learnt with Lita it doesn't matter what a player says, it only counts when he signs.

Agogo would be a great coup for us, would wind up the sags and ,eam we have some firepower to climb out of league 2 next year.

Guest annanimo

Well he knows how to score goals. That is what you expect strikers to do. The fact that he's played for Rovers is irrelevant. For £200,000 I would say that's a great deal.

I've posted this before, but I'll repeat it for new readers.

Barry Fry wanted to sign Agogo for Posh. The two clubs agreed a fee and the player agreed personal terms with Posh. Agogo's agent then demanded not a percentage from the player, but a straight fee from Posh! :@ Fry refused and Agogo went some time later to the gas. Hey Steve L, we only want to sign Agogo, not his agent!

Guest The Codfather 0312

There has to be some truth in this rumour with Johnson being at the mem last sat, But like he said he was looking at 5 players.

There has to be some truth in this rumour with Johnson being at the mem last sat, But like he said he was looking at 5 players.

Dungturd denies in today's EP that there is any truth in this rumour.

Hopefully this proves correct and it was Holt GJ was assessing on Saturday, if indeed it was a forward at all.

Rochdale may have 1 or 2 tidy left sided players as well. :whistle:

I wonder what it is with this club.

We always seem to be signing strikers by the bucket load.

Always seem to have about 5 or 6 on the books at one time.

Only the same 2 get to play. None of the others seem to get a long run in the team.

Then after 1 or both of the starting strikers leaves we buy another 3 or 4 strikers to replace them.

Anyway why would we want Agogo anyway? He hasn't exactly set league 2 on fire. Any gas head fans I've ever spoken too say he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo

We need to buy a dominating center midfielder and a left winger.

Roy Keane anyone?

Well I have heard that he wants to leave rovers. At least the guy scores goals and we definitely need a poacher in out squad.

ah you mean the guy that scores goals in a division below us??? ,i scored a goal in the regional once perhaps they should sign me..what ya think!

Guest alex1089

Geoff Dunford hasen't quashed rumours on the Rovers forum atall his reply to pleading sags to stop him from coming here is:

QUOTE(Black Arab Boy @ Nov 18 2005, 2:24 PM)

Geoff, it obvious that JA will go either in Jan or in the summer. However, sell him to the ######*t and i think you'll lose another 500 fans. What a joke that will be.

Secondly, if the money goes to (as i expect it will) "paying off the debt," we are in trouble. Firstly because it was our money that went to paying for him, and since x% goes to new players of the share scheme, it is surely only right that this is reinvested in the squad. Also, the rest of our strikers offer the team very little. Walker needs JA to give him space to operate. Forrester is too small and has lost alot of his ability and Lewis is not good enough. IF it is not reinvested, i suggest we start looking at the conference rather than the championship. Take Agogo out of our team and will suddenly go from being poor to being rubbish.

BAB

Geoff dunford:

Sorry, but nothing is obvious in football!

Geoff Dunford hasen't quashed rumours on the Rovers forum atall his reply to pleading sags to stop him from coming here is:

QUOTE(Black Arab Boy @ Nov 18 2005, 2:24 PM)

Geoff, it obvious that JA will go either in Jan or in the summer. However, sell him to the ######*t and i think you'll lose another 500 fans. What a joke that will be.

BAB

Geoff dunford:

Sorry, but nothing is obvious in football!

What do you mean Alex?

Dungturd's saying it's not obvious that Agogo will leave, i.e. he may well stay.

He doesn't comment directly on any City 'link', but in the EP, as stated above, he did deny the rumour.

As far as I'm concerned Junior Agogo would prove a useful buy. Anyone that can score goals in a struggling team is well worth their salt. As we have found to our cost in the past - if a bigger club comes along for one of their better players there ain't a lot they can do about it. It may be hard, but it's all down to money and ambition. The Gas show precious little of either, and unless we show a bit more ambition, we could well find ourelves alongside 'em. The basement league is not an option.

He means Stewart out, Agogo in = not a very good idea.

Seems very straightforward to me? :dunno:

Sorry you're right. I was thrown by the 'top class championship striker' bit. We've got this far into the season and I didn't even notice that we had one. Isn't football funny like that?

Thanks for clarifying Nogbad.

Archived