IGNORED

The Best Free Bristol City Night Of The Year

Milo

If you live 30 miles or more away from Ashton Gate and would like to come to the Supporters Trust Launch Night and Parade of Legends sponsored by Brilliant Weekends, please send me an email (mileshendy@blueyonder.co.uk) with your post code and we'll put the first 50 respondents on the Guest List giving you guaranteed entry. We'd like you to feel confident to set off safe in the knowledge that you'll get in.

We are hoping and optimistic of getting about 500 people for the event. We've advertised hard through a poster campaign, flyers at the last home match and on the coaches today, a stand at the local Sainsburys and GWR, Radio Bristol, BBC and ITV all publicising what promises to be the best free night of the year for every City fan who attends. It's impossible to gauge whether we'll get 200, 500 or even the maximum 900 people turn up. We have to plan for all eventualities and for health and safety reasons the Doorsafe Staff will be counting people into the Hall.

We believe that offering up to 50 places for exiles is a fair way to treat fans that have a long distance to travel that will keep Bristol based supporters happy too.

To re-cap on what's in store, this is an evening's entertainment designed by Bristol City fans for Bristol City fans, based on what we think should make for a fantastic night out.

When you arrive at 6.30 there'll be some vintage matches on the big screens and some background music.

There'll be the opportunity to play darts with Mark Dudbridge and be entered for a draw where the prize is a pair of tickets to go and watch Mark in his first round game in the 2005/06 Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship at Purfleet (exact date tbc <draw being done on Dec 3> but it will be the 19,20,21 or 22) with access to VIP area and opportunity to meet some of the players including Mark.

You can have a go at 'Beat the Goalie' against Steve Phillips and a Ladies Team keeper.

Buy raffle tickets where we estimate the total value of the prizes on offer at £1,200 and a maximum 5,000 £1 tickets will be sold.

Enter your Bristol City Dream Team by selecting your first XI based on the 36 legends due to take part in the Parade and see if you can match the Club Historians with a prize of a Bristol Blue Glass Decanter engraved with the ST logo if you're the only person to match the team (a draw will take place if there is more than one correct entry).

Do a bit of Xmas shopping at the Club Shop (once you're in the Hall we can give you a 'Pass' to allow you to pop out to the shop and get back in). In the hall itself, you can buy a bottle of Supporters Trust Wine and a Supporters Trust Polo Shirt, both priced at a level to demonstrate value-for-money merchandise.

Buy a drink at the bar and mingle with friends, current players, legends, celebrities, the media (both BBC and ITV are hoping to have live links on the night), councillors, club officials, and representatives from many of the Club's various fans organisations.

Or just sit and watch the old matches, read the free 12 Page Commemorative Programme and complete your Supporters Trust Membership Form (no cash needed for this, you can fill in the Standing Order for a minimum £1 a month). Everyone who completes their Membership Application on the evening will be entered for a draw for a Shirt signed by the Legends so be sure to bring your bank details with you.

At 7.30, the speeches will start. You'll hear from Jacqui Forster from Supporters Direct (the organisation that has helped fans of 136 Clubs set up Supporters Trusts around the UK) and from Dan Levy of Stockport County Supporters Trust (Stockport's Supporters Trust now owns 98% of their Club). I'll be informing you of what Bristol City Supporters Trust aims to achieve. You'll also hear from Steve Lansdown, Gary Johnson and Paul Cheesley.

This will go on for an hour which will be followed by a half hour break for you to top up your drinks, grab an autograph and complete the Membership Form.

The highlight of the evening is, of course, the Parade of Legends which starts at 9.00. We've split our history into five eras. Jonathan Pearce and Angus Scott will take us through the ages, introducing a short series of video clips of some of the most memorable matches we could get our hands on for each era, and then introduce the legends up onto the stage to receive our appreciation.

This is our chance to let these guys know what we still think of them. You'll have your own personal favourites. For me, I think my loudest cheers will be for Brian Tinnion, Shaun Taylor, Rob Newman and the four of the Ashton Gate 8 who will be there.

I've really enjoyed watching the old clips that Mark Tovey has worked tirelessly to get his hands on and I've learnt a thing or two about our history in the process. For relative youngsters like me who started following City in the early 80s or more recently, you're in for history lesson that should bring our proud traditions to life in a visual and heart-warming way.

After the Legends we'll do the raffle and close.

This event is free because the legends, speakers, hosts, the Football Club, Sounds Commercial and the Bristol City Supporters Trust working party have given their time freely to put the event on and programme advertisers and event sponsors Brilliant Weekends have financially backed the event. We've all done this because we love our Club and want to put on an unforgettable evening for every City fan who takes pride in our Club.

It's over to you now to do your bit by coming along, packing out the Dolman Hall, creating a buzzing atmosphere, maybe sing a few chants, have a great night and become one of the first members of the Bristol City Supporters Trust.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Miles Hendy

Acting Chair of Bristol City Supporters Trust

Guest The Codfather 0312
I wasnt around so who ae the ashton gate 8

:grr::grr::grr:

Nor was I around but still know who they are and what they did. When you see this :city: it is because of them.

Are you Colin Sexstone in disguise? :)

That would be somedisguise!! :)

Miles, just wanted to echo everything in your post. We have all put a lot of effort into this night and I really hope that as many people as possible come to enjoy the work we have done. My fellow fans, you can make the hard work worth it and moreover you can have a bloody good night!!

Guest bristolbred

You can have a go at 'Beat the Goalie' against Steve Phillips and a Ladies Team keeper.

Make the most of it because he'll be gone soon!!

The New Manager, who incidental has set a NEW RECORD of 8 Straight DEFEATS!!, Say's that Phillips No Longer Fits into his Plans!!.

So if i was the Boards Puppets, I mean Supporter's Trust Board, I'd put Basso in goal, so that the photo's taken will be in date a little bit longer!!

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

I hope to come along and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

BUT REMEMBER!!

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS DURING THE NIGHT!!

( i wonder why??)

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Here Here Miles, I am getting so excited now, even if I will be "working," it will be fantastic to see all this come together, and to finally get the Bristol City Supporters Trust up and running.

Depends if you keep "hiding" things from the real supporters of this Club, Marie??

Could you be the first person to loose their position with a vote of no confidence??

Guest DrFaustus

Here Here Miles, I am getting so excited now, even if I will be "working,"

I suppose that's one way of raising funds for your club, even if it is a little unorthodox. Is it a buy one get one free offer?

If you live 30 miles or more away from Ashton Gate and would like to come to the Supporters Trust Launch Night and Parade of Legends sponsored by Brilliant Weekends, please send me an email (mileshendy@blueyonder.co.uk) with your post code and we'll put the first 50 respondents on the Guest List giving you guaranteed entry. We'd like you to feel confident to set off safe in the knowledge that you'll get in.

We are hoping and optimistic of getting about 500 people for the event. We've advertised hard through a poster campaign, flyers at the last home match and on the coaches today, a stand at the local Sainsburys and GWR, Radio Bristol, BBC and ITV all publicising what promises to be the best free night of the year for every City fan who attends. It's impossible to gauge whether we'll get 200, 500 or even the maximum 900 people turn up. We have to plan for all eventualities and for health and safety reasons the Doorsafe Staff will be counting people into the Hall.

We believe that offering up to 50 places for exiles is a fair way to treat fans that have a long distance to travel that will keep Bristol based supporters happy too.

To re-cap on what's in store, this is an evening's entertainment designed by Bristol City fans for Bristol City fans, based on what we think should make for a fantastic night out.

When you arrive at 6.30 there'll be some vintage matches on the big screens and some background music.

There'll be the opportunity to play darts with Mark Dudbridge and be entered for a draw where the prize is a pair of tickets to go and watch Mark in his first round game in the 2005/06 Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship at Purfleet (exact date tbc <draw being done on Dec 3> but it will be the 19,20,21 or 22) with access to VIP area and opportunity to meet some of the players including Mark.

Buy raffle tickets where we estimate the total value of the prizes on offer at £1,200 and a maximum 5,000 £1 tickets will be sold.

Enter your Bristol City Dream Team by selecting your first XI based on the 36 legends due to take part in the Parade and see if you can match the Club Historians with a prize of a Bristol Blue Glass Decanter engraved with the ST logo if you're the only person to match the team (a draw will take place if there is more than one correct entry).

Do a bit of Xmas shopping at the Club Shop (once you're in the Hall we can give you a 'Pass' to allow you to pop out to the shop and get back in). In the hall itself, you can buy a bottle of Supporters Trust Wine and a Supporters Trust Polo Shirt, both priced at a level to demonstrate value-for-money merchandise.

Buy a drink at the bar and mingle with friends, current players, legends, celebrities, the media (both BBC and ITV are hoping to have live links on the night), councillors, club officials, and representatives from many of the Club's various fans organisations.

Or just sit and watch the old matches, read the free 12 Page Commemorative Programme and complete your Supporters Trust Membership Form (no cash needed for this, you can fill in the Standing Order for a minimum £1 a month). Everyone who completes their Membership Application on the evening will be entered for a draw for a Shirt signed by the Legends so be sure to bring your bank details with you.

At 7.30, the speeches will start. You'll hear from Jacqui Forster from Supporters Direct (the organisation that has helped fans of 136 Clubs set up Supporters Trusts around the UK) and from Dan Levy of Stockport County Supporters Trust (Stockport's Supporters Trust now owns 98% of their Club). I'll be informing you of what Bristol City Supporters Trust aims to achieve. You'll also hear from Steve Lansdown, Gary Johnson and Paul Cheesley.

This will go on for an hour which will be followed by a half hour break for you to top up your drinks, grab an autograph and complete the Membership Form.

The highlight of the evening is, of course, the Parade of Legends which starts at 9.00. We've split our history into five eras. Jonathan Pearce and Angus Scott will take us through the ages, introducing a short series of video clips of some of the most memorable matches we could get our hands on for each era, and then introduce the legends up onto the stage to receive our appreciation.

This is our chance to let these guys know what we still think of them. You'll have your own personal favourites. For me, I think my loudest cheers will be for Brian Tinnion, Shaun Taylor, Rob Newman and the four of the Ashton Gate 8 who will be there.

I've really enjoyed watching the old clips that Mark Tovey has worked tirelessly to get his hands on and I've learnt a thing or two about our history in the process. For relative youngsters like me who started following City in the early 80s or more recently, you're in for history lesson that should bring our proud traditions to life in a visual and heart-warming way.

After the Legends we'll do the raffle and close.

This event is free because the legends, speakers, hosts, the Football Club, Sounds Commercial and the Bristol City Supporters Trust working party have given their time freely to put the event on and programme advertisers and event sponsors Brilliant Weekends have financially backed the event. We've all done this because we love our Club and want to put on an unforgettable evening for every City fan who takes pride in our Club.

It's over to you now to do your bit by coming along, packing out the Dolman Hall, creating a buzzing atmosphere, maybe sing a few chants, have a great night and become one of the first members of the Bristol City Supporters Trust.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Miles Hendy

Acting Chair of Bristol City Supporters Trust

Just add if you don't know anything about the company sponsoring the event please take a look at www.brilliantweekends.co.uk Espeicially if anybody is trying to organise a Hen or Stag do or looking for something to do on New Years Eve!

Depends if you keep "hiding" things from the real supporters of this Club, Marie??

Could you be the first person to loose their position with a vote of no confidence??

That will be up to the fans to decide, and who says I will be standing anyway.

And you will be able to talk to anyone who attends and ask them any question you like during the first hour, there is just not a formal question and answer session as such.

I suppose that's one way of raising funds for your club, even if it is a little unorthodox. Is it a buy one get one free offer?

Whats that, buy me get Robins free???? :blink:

So if i was the Boards Puppets, I mean Supporter's Trust Board, I'd put Basso in goal, so that the photo's taken will be in date a little bit longer!!

BUT REMEMBER!!

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS DURING THE NIGHT!!

( i wonder why??)

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Are you coming tomorrow night to find out for youself or are you going to make uneducated assumptions about the Supporters Trust after Monday as well?

Monday night is about Bristol City fans getting organised, being professional and getting ourselves heard. Members who join up will be those supporters who want elected representatives to get involved with the decision making process. I daresay that those fans who believe change happens because they moan and whinge in a loud voice will stay at home and continue to moan and whinge from a distance.

If you wanted to ask questions to Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson to an open floor you got the wrong night - that was last Thursday. If you couldn't make that meeting I'm sure they'll be available for fans to ask questions between 6.30 and 7.30 and between 8.30 and 9.00.

See you there,

Miles

I'd like to attend this but quite worried that it wont be possible to get in - surely it will be packed to the rafters!!!

It's really difficult to say for sure how many will attend but based on initial responses / emails received etc my guess is that we're heading for between 300 and 500. But as I don't know for sure, please come along early.

Guest bristolbred

Are you coming tomorrow night to find out for youself or are you going to make uneducated assumptions about the Supporters Trust after Monday as well?

I'm only going by what DollyMarie told me!!

OK!!,

Guest bristolbred

If you wanted to ask questions to Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson to an open floor you got the wrong night - that was last Thursday.

Not a shareholder!!.

And in case you have forgotten,

1). I am an Exile!!, live 154 miles as the crow flies from BS3.

2). Unlike some of those who wear the Red and White of Bristol City, i actually work hard for a living!!

;););)

Guest bristolbred

Goodnight!

GOOD LUCK!!.

:handbags::handbags::handbags:

Excuse me but all i said was that there would be no formal question and answer session. :@

That's because you are licking the Managements A*** instead of holding them accountable for the way the Clubs heading!!

Which is down to the 4th Division!!

So we have gone full circle!!, since 1982!!

And in typical Bristol fashion, we have NOT learnt from our mistakes!!

:Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

GOOD LUCK!!.

:handbags::handbags::handbags:

That's because you are licking the Managements A*** instead of holding them accountable for the way the Clubs heading!!

Which is down to the 4th Division!!

So we have gone full circle!!, since 1982!!

And in typical Bristol fashion, we have NOT learnt from our mistakes!!

:Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

It seems as though you are misunderstanding the purpose of the Supporters Trust. We are not puppets of BCFC management nor are we 'licking a***' as you so decoratively describe it.

I volunteered to get involved with the Trust as I am sure that it will be an excellent tool for improving the voice of the fans & I'm positive that we'll help impliment some very positive changes.

Based on our clubs recent lack of form, we might not avoid relegation. To me, there are also other areas of this club that also lack 'form', be it ticketing, catering & a number of other things.

I appreciate that you live quite some distance away, but I hope you are open minded enough to attend a Supporters Trust meeting one day so that you can make an informed decision.

Not a shareholder!!.

2). Unlike some of those who wear the Red and White of Bristol City, i actually work hard for a living!!

;););)

Hi there

I thought I'd add my views and hope you will understand our thought process a little clearer. The night is about the legends and the Supporters Trust and it a fairly tight schedule. There are a number of speakers doing talks of around 7 minutes each and there simply wouldn't be time for the Q&A session.

On Thursday, the Q&A session went on for a massive amount of time and we feel that it is more important to make sure the past players attending are well celebrated at this particular event. There is ample opportunity (around 1h 30mins) for questions to be asked of and discussions had with the current management and squad during the "meet and greet" times so if you wanted to come along you could ask them any questions you wanted to.

Being an exile you are welcome to get in touch and we awould able to guarantee your entry. Email address is info@bristolcityst.org.uk if required.

Fair play working hard for a living! Not always enjoyable but it's got to be done unfortunately! :)

In respect of these two questions, I just felt the need to clarify the board structure of the Brstol City Supporters Trust. Currently there is a orking group. There is no elected board but of course, how can you elect people to run something before it begins? The current "board" or steering group will continue to act following the launch until an EGM which we would expect to be around April time when any member may put themselves forward for election onto the Supporters Trust board.

Any elected members would have to be up for reelection by rotation so nobody will "outstay their welcome" which appears to be your concern.

The individual attack seems unfair to me, but in response, Marie has been an active member of the steering group and given up a great deal of her time which we appreciate. She may or may not stand for election, if she does she would only be elected if the members so chose. Until the elections, I am sure we would all continue to be grateful for her ongoing assistance.

As for hiding things from the club's supporters, as I said previously I think that this may have been a misunderstanding. We had a chat based around publically available information (as I have described elsewhere) and were unable to make any statements of our opinions until we had heard what SL had to say to shareholders at the AGM. I think that I have made a number of statements of my feelings over the specific matter elsewhere and I shan't go into that here..

Please feel free to come and say hi at the launch tomorrow. I should have a badge with my name on.

Luke Jones

Guest The Codfather 0312

In respect of these two questions, I just felt the need to clarify the board structure of the Brstol City Supporters Trust. Currently there is a orking group. There is no elected board but of course, how can you elect people to run something before it begins? The current "board" or steering group will continue to act following the launch until an EGM which we would expect to be around April time when any member may put themselves forward for election onto the Supporters Trust board.

Any elected members would have to be up for reelection by rotation so nobody will "outstay their welcome" which appears to be your concern.

The individual attack seems unfair to me, but in response, Marie has been an active member of the steering group and given up a great deal of her time which we appreciate. She may or may not stand for election, if she does she would only be elected if the members so chose. Until the elections, I am sure we would all continue to be grateful for her ongoing assistance.

As for hiding things from the club's supporters, as I said previously I think that this may have been a misunderstanding. We had a chat based around publically available information (as I have described elsewhere) and were unable to make any statements of our opinions until we had heard what SL had to say to shareholders at the AGM. I think that I have made a number of statements of my feelings over the specific matter elsewhere and I shan't go into that here..

Please feel free to come and say hi at the launch tomorrow. I should have a badge with my name on.

Luke Jones

So does that mean that any member of the Supporters Trust can put themselfs up for election or does it have to be someone who is already involved with them?

So does that mean that any member of the Supporters Trust can put themselfs up for election or does it have to be someone who is already involved with them?

Any member at all and the Supporters Trust rules mean that we will assist anyone who wants to stand.

Not a shareholder!!.

;););)

Can't posibly have forgotten mate, because I have no idea who you are.

I work in London, live in Thatcham, watch my football in Bristol. I work hard for a living too :dance:

If your 154 miles takes you anywhere near london, I'd happily meet up for a beer and explain why the supporters Trust will become increasingly important to Bristol City fans. Shame you can't make it tonight.

And, to your other points about who's involved with setting this up and why, then it's purely because some people feel it's time to get organised in a structured and professional way. The constitution will be there for all to see. One or two of us have assumed some responsibility for getting this thing going. It's easy to sit back and fire uninformed opinion from a distance, but you too can stand for election in a democratic vote at the earliest opportunity.

I'm off to put out chairs and get things ready for tonight. Please don't take my online silence today as ignorance. Sometimes actions speak louder than words........... :whistle:

Archived