IGNORED

Lansdown And Dawe Out !

Mr Mosquito

Time for an extract of Oliver Cromwell's fantastic speech of 20th April 1653 dismissing the Long Parliament that also applies to BCFC's remaining 2 incompetent directors Steve Lansdown and Keith Dawe.......

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money."

Like Esau Steve Lansdown and Keith Dawe have sold BCFC down the road for a few back page column inches in the Bristol Evening Post and a few sound bites on Radio Bristol.

Second bottom of poxy olde Div 3 - Lansdown and Dawe GET OUT NOW !!!!!

:grr: AND WHERE WILL THE MONEY COME FROM :@

What money?

Lowly Doncaster Rovers with a 6,000 odd support base have just knocked Aston Villa out of the league cup - but they have got a real football supporting Chairman after all unlike the self-serving financier that is Steve Lansdown.

What money?

Lowly Doncaster Rovers with a 6,000 odd support base have just knocked Aston Villa out of the league cup - but they have got a real football supporting Chairman after all unlike the self-serving financier that is Steve Lansdown.

If you get rid of the board how u going to pay them off????

Also, who's going to take over. football clubs are run generally by rich wealthy business men wanting to give back to the community. it is more of a charity case than anything

Run the club via a supporters' co-operative maybe? BCFC will then become a club managed for the fans by the fans !!!!! :cool: Like Brighton H & A once were for instance. :ph34r:

What money?

You seem to base your view on the Doncaster chairman on the fact that he put himself down as a sub for an end of season Conference game and the fact that he reduced the prices last Saturday. I don't think he played tonight did he or have I missed something?

If Lansdown nominated himself as sub no doubt you would deride him for being a self publicist. You may also have forgotten that City also reduced ticket prices for the Chesterfield game and have now got some stick from some season ticket holders for reducing prices again next week. Likewise they have got stick in the past for letting kids in the East End for a quid.

If Lansdown and Dawe follow your advice will you be watching your football at Horfield next season because I doubt very much if City would survive too long without them.

If Lansdown and Dawe follow your advice will you be watching your football at Horfield next season because I doubt very much if City would survive too long without them.

BCFC were around for a long time before Steve Lansdown and Keith Dawe were born and will be around long after they are dead. They have made a complete hash of running this football club and that is why we're floundering at the bottom of poxy olde Div 3.

Is the supporters' trust a puppet organisation in support of Lansdown and Dawe?

You seem to base your view on the Doncaster chairman on the fact that he put himself down as a sub for an end of season Conference game and the fact that he reduced the prices last Saturday. I don't think he played tonight did he or have I missed something?

If Lansdown nominated himself as sub no doubt you would deride him for being a self publicist. You may also have forgotten that City also reduced ticket prices for the Chesterfield game and have now got some stick from some season ticket holders for reducing prices again next week. Likewise they have got stick in the past for letting kids in the East End for a quid.

Never a true word spoken this is what i've been trying to say without people like SL this club would fold..

Never a true word spoken this is what i've been trying to say without people like SL this club would fold..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."without people like SL" we might actually find ourselves back in the top flight again after a quarter of a century absence. Harry Dolman was our equivalent of Doncaster Rovers' current Chairman John Ryan. The spirit of good olde Harry Dolman lives on - we will return to the top flight but obviously not with the present incumbents at the helm.

No need for an explanation from me as you've explained for the world to see in your previous post :dance:

I have to say I resent your snide comment and would still like an explanation as to why you consider The Supporters Trust to be Lansdown's puppets. Other than being a member of the working party that helped get the Supporters Trust off the ground I hold no office within the organisation. The opinion I expressed is mine and mine alone.

I am as concerned about the welfare of the club as much as you. However, I have chosen a constructive way to help the club that I love and you have done what exactly?

The Supporters Trust is entirely independent. It is a separate limited company in its own right.

The purpose of the Trust is laid down in its constitution - to represent the views of its members and to protect Bristol City Football Club.

Anyone holding a position on the board of the Supporters Trust has to act in accordance with the Trust's constitution or risk being found in breach of office.

The individual members of the Supporters Trust will have a wide ranging set of views.

Members of the Supporters Trust over the age of 16 can put themselves forward for positions on the Supporters Trust board next year. There will be an election process.

If you don't like the views of a member of the Supporters Trust you can either choose to slink away and make quantum leap assumptions about how the Supporters Trust is going to operate or you can stand up, argue your case and get involved in shaping the decisions of the Trust.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."without people like SL" we might actually find ourselves back in the top flight again after a quarter of a century absence. Harry Dolman was our equivalent of Doncaster Rovers' current Chairman John Ryan. The spirit of good olde Harry Dolman lives on - we will return to the top flight but obviously not with the present incumbents at the helm.

yeah, but look at the state of city shortly after these dolman glory years

yeah, but look at the state of city shortly after these dolman glory years

.......and look at the state of us now !!!!! I was around as a young lad to remember us beating Manchester United home and away in the league during the 1974-75 season. Also around to see us regain our top flight status in 1976 by beating Portsmouth at Ashton Gate. Even during the real low of 1982 there was hope with Terry Cooper in charge. Now all we see is a half decent manager - Gary Johnson - being starved of cash and having to make Conference standard loan signings. :(

The supporters Trust is in support of everyone. you see, it is made up of members. Every member owns a share, and a vote. All members therefore have equal influence over the collective view of the Supporters Trust and the wide range of views (already reflected in the working group - I regularly disagree wiith Miles, and say so. He regularly disagrees with Mark, and says so. Mark regularly disagrees with Me... etc etc etc) held by these members will need to be discussed by the Trust.

My opinion personally is that Steve Lansdown has done a decent job in a number of areas at the club but that he has made some mistakes too. I firmly believe that the mistakes are not through lack of trying to succeed and I credit him for the support he has given his managers in the transfer market. I am worried about the club's openness over the new company structure at City though, and I am worried about the losses which are being made continuously whilst we still seem to waste money on a regular basis.

That last paragraph contains a number of my personal views. These have the same weight within the Supporters Trust as every other member but no more.

How do you know. I think there are other men and a certain woman who would not let that happen.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE :dunno:

I have to say I resent your snide comment and would still like an explanation as to why you consider The Supporters Trust to be Lansdown's puppets. Other than being a member of the working party that helped get the Supporters Trust off the ground I hold no office within the organisation. The opinion I expressed is mine and mine alone.

I am as concerned about the welfare of the club as much as you. However, I have chosen a constructive way to help the club that I love and you have done what exactly?

Dear tompo, you've chosen the supporters' trust logo as your avatar image and yet you are unreservedly taking the side of Steve Lansdown on the issues. So how do you represent an independent and constructive viewpoint?

How do you know. I think there are other men and a certain woman who would not let that happen.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE :dunno:

Indeed, "WE ARE THE PEOPLE !!!!!!" that should be heeded on issues such as the re-introduction of safe standing areas and opening the East End.

but any money lansdown has supposely put in, has been undone by having to pay managers off, due to some poor decision making!

Quite right Sir, like having to pay Gillingham FC £100,000 compensation for an illegal approach made for 'clueless' Pulis. Having to pay up one year of mediocre Danny Wilson's contract; sacking John Ward - the man that just got us promoted; and appointing Brian Tinnion to make Tinman the scapegoat for the sorry mess the directors have got this club in !!!!! :whistle:

The supporters Trust is in support of everyone. you see, it is made up of members. Every member owns a share, and a vote. All members therefore have equal influence over the collective view of the Supporters Trust and the wide range of views (already reflected in the working group - I regularly disagree wiith Miles, and say so. He regularly disagrees with Mark, and says so. Mark regularly disagrees with Me... etc etc etc) held by these members will need to be discussed by the Trust.

My opinion personally is that Steve Lansdown has done a decent job in a number of areas at the club but that he has made some mistakes too. I firmly believe that the mistakes are not through lack of trying to succeed and I credit him for the support he has given his managers in the transfer market. I am worried about the club's openness over the new company structure at City though, and I am worried about the losses which are being made continuously whilst we still seem to waste money on a regular basis.

That last paragraph contains a number of my personal views. These have the same weight within the Supporters Trust as every other member but no more.

Maybe had these fans having a go at the trust turned out on Monday night they would then know what the trust is about. I went there with a open mind and at the end put my full support into it and I will be contributing to it. To hear a spokesman from Stockport County talk about his club you could tell how passionate he was that his vclub remained in Stockport and not in another area of Manchester.

The club is in a better state with the current board and I fully support them now and what they have done in the past, the past has now gone but after I left Monday night I felt a air of optimisum and I thought GJ was giving us the truth and he always will, he spoke with a passion about this club and this from someone who has just joined us as did SL and when speaking to him you can tell results hurt him as much as us.

Before having a go and something as good as the trust may I suggest people read into how the trust can benefit us all.

Dear tompo, you've chosen the supporters' trust logo as your avatar image and yet you are unreservedly taking the side of Steve Lansdown on the issues. So how do you represent an independent and constructive viewpoint?

So what you are saying is that anyone who signs up for membership the Supporters Trust is no longer able to express an opinion, particularly if you don't agree with it, on this forum.

Perhaps you should have come along the other night. You may have had a pleasant surprise. Unlike you who continue to make stupid statements that you are unable to back up with any logical argument, there are plenty of people who are prepared to actually try to do something positive for Bristol City.

I am sorry that you do not agree with my views. Perhaps you should leave the 17th century and join the rest of us in the 21st. In fact perhaps you should consider moving to Doncaster. I am sure they will welcome your support. Their egotistical Chairman certainly will as the only reason he reduced prices last Saturday was because he criticised stay away fans who took exception to his comments. It will be a match made in heaven.

Of course if you are as commited to Bristol City as much as you would have us believe, you could always join the Supporters Trust. You know it makes sense.

Guest ashtonyate

Time for an extract of Oliver Cromwell's fantastic speech of 20th April 1653 dismissing the Long Parliament that also applies to BCFC's remaining 2 incompetent directors Steve Lansdown and Keith Dawe.......

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money."

Like Esau Steve Lansdown and Keith Dawe have sold BCFC down the road for a few back page column inches in the Bristol Evening Post and a few sound bites on Radio Bristol.

Second bottom of poxy olde Div 3 - Lansdown and Dawe GET OUT NOW !!!!!

The problem with Cromwell and the Bristol board is when he got rid of the King the money he had went to the country if we got rid of Lansdown & Dawe they would take it with them

The problem with Cromwell and the Bristol board is when he got rid of the King the money he had went to the country if we got rid of Lansdown & Dawe they would take it with them

Not so. The only cash which they could take would be a few hundred thousand of loan stock, which could easily be refinanced.

Their share capital of £x million will only be repaid if/when somebody is prepared to buy it from them. Which considering a dissipation of the balance sheet from £11 million to practically nothing in 5 years, I doubt they will need to form an orderly queue.

They are of course about to put in a further £4 million, interest free, and it is possible in time that they will be given all the praise and gratitude that such an apparently generous act would deserve.

However that is part of a bigger restructuring which we haven't got to the bottom of yet.

Guest Ronmeister

.......and look at the state of us now !!!!! I was around as a young lad to remember us beating Manchester United home and away in the league during the 1974-75 season. Also around to see us regain our top flight status in 1976 by beating Portsmouth at Ashton Gate.

So it's Steve's fault we're not in the premiership? Are you drunk? :doh:

And why are you so Pro-Cromwell? He turned down the role of king so everyone loved him, just so he could accept a very similar role under a different name!

Archived