IGNORED

Women's Team

robins72

Several people - Wow we must be onto something here

Face facts, it's sunday league and a waste of money

Can't go in East End, but can fund this venture? Sums it up

Come on at least on a Sunday morning you see a bit of talent and skill, we don't bottle challenges - all this still cleaned up from the night before. .... proper athletes!!! :w00t:

Fund this venture? Have you not read the previous posts? They don't get new kits or anything like the same treatment that our first team get. They all have their day jobs & play for the love of the game.

I want to go but i'm not in the best of health at the moment, and the forecast for Sunday is rain so I can't go :(

Wimp!

Who checks the weather forecast this time of year - surely it's going to rain everyday between now & April 2005. Welcome to Bristol!

You still off school Ronnie? DO you want me to nip over to your school & pick up your homework? Wouldn;t want you to get behind on your studies! :whistle:

Guest Ronmeister

Sorry I didn't see this post the first time I saw this thread, probably glad I missed it :@

I'm not a feminist by any means but I think saying "Oh go on then, let's open up the east end" and taking all the money away from Women's football is wrong. If men have an opportunity to get involved professionally, why shouldn't women? We already have a 20,000 seater stadium to watch the men's game in so saying we should open the east-end inplace of letting women have a chance of playing professionally in the club is incredibly selfish and stupid. :doh:

The womens team put a heck of a lot more effort and passion into the game than most of the men in our squad.

Oh and Honeycrack I'm sure I'll manage :me?:

As I said earlier does it really matter what they are be it women, the disabled, or cats or dogs, if they are playing for the team we all know and love what does it matter, we should just get behind them and give them our support.

Ah, so when does our cats team play? Do they chase a ball of string around a field?

Just having a laugh, but maybe it's not a bad idea. I know a farmer who thinks football is good for his pigs, he throws them balls and they kick them around - it's therapeutic apparently. It could catch on: West HAM United, Queens PORK Rangers, etc.

Seriously, why shouldn't we support the women's team? As for the resources issue, I think we've had all this out before and any financial support they get from BCFC is minimal. I don't want to go over old ground but surely facilitating a women's team is part of the club's wider role in serving the community?

Archived