IGNORED

Depressing Stats

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

It makes sorry reading, looking at the league table, 1710 minutes of football and only 22 goals to show for it, whilst concedeing 39. One goal for, every 77 minutes and one against, every 44 minutes. This starkly highlights the midfield problem, we haven't got one, no service to the forwards and no protection for the defence - I hope to see something done to address this in January, if it isn't I am sure we will be 'enjoying' a lot more local games next season.

To split the figures down further, that's 900 minutes at home, (13 for, 13 against) with a goal for, every 69 minutes, the figures against being the same.

Away games see one goal for, every 90 minutes and a goal against, every 31 minutes.

As for value for money, if we take £15 as an average ticket cost, it works out as £4.14 each per home goal for and £5.40 each per away goal. As a comparison, 2002/2003 saw the figures as £2.88 per home goal and £5.75 per away goal.

Guest DrFaustus

It makes sorry reading, looking at the league table, 1710 minutes of football and only 22 goals to show for it, whilst concedeing 39. One goal for, every 77 minutes and one against, every 44 minutes. This starkly highlights the midfield problem, we haven't got one, no service to the forwards and no protection for the defence - I hope to see something done to address this in January, if it isn't I am sure we will be 'enjoying' a lot more local games next season.

To split the figures down further, that's 900 minutes at home, (13 for, 13 against) with a goal for, every 69 minutes, the figures against being the same.

Away games see one goal for, every 90 minutes and a goal against, every 31 minutes.

As for value for money, if we take £15 as an average ticket cost, it works out as £4.14 each per home goal for and £5.40 each per away goal. As a comparison, 2002/2003 saw the figures as £2.88 per home goal and £5.75 per away goal.

Sorry...what is depressing about any of that? :rolleyes:

Guest DrFaustus

I agree Dr. I'd rather be in with a shout of staying up, than with no chance of going up...........

My friend, I have never over-estimated the chances and ability of our mob. We will stay up, but I reckon the derbies that many from both sides of the city's football divide have craved for the last 6 years may only be months away.

My 12 fingers are crossed along with my webbed feet before anyone says so. ;)

My friend, I have never over-estimated the chances and ability of our mob. We will stay up, but I reckon the derbies that many from both sides of the city's football divide have craved for the last 6 years may only be months away.

Then you will be promoted. Because we are not going down. Quite frankly i hope you do get promoted, good for Bristol and west football and bring some more cash and interest to matches. hey, i might even fly back for it!! [with a couple of chicas in tow of course] :englandsmile4wf:

• Admin

I suppose 12 fingers are a benefit when goat milking................

I fear you are right in your prediction of a derby next season, I struggle to see us escaping the drop, the rival thoughts aside, it's a bloody disgrace that a City the size of Bristol can't get at least one team in the Premiership... ( or at least the Championship)

I suppose 12 fingers are a benefit when goat milking................

I fear you are right in your prediction of a derby next season, I struggle to see us escaping the drop, the rival thoughts aside, it's a bloody disgrace that a City the size of Bristol can't get at least one team in the Premiership... ( or at least the Championship)

well said on your final point.

keep up the good work on the stats front. we would all like to know how many points we will end up with if we extrapolate all the points so far, countered by the difficulty factor of the games to go versus the ones gone, and with a point factor added in for how the new january signings will affect the situation positively come the end of the season. i think you are up to the task so i look forward to the results. feel free to add in some factors not mentioned here. cheers me dears. :sweatingbullets:

• Admin

37!!!!!!!!!! **** creak without a paddle. i reckon the new signings turned out to be total duffers then. :crying:

Although I tend not to believe the computer, as it takes into account only statistical information, so, based on the actual experience of watching City, I can't see us adding more than 10 to our current tally of 16 points. The drop beckons...............

Although I tend not to believe the computer, as it takes into account only statistical information, so, based on the actual experience of watching City, I can't see us adding more than 10 to our current tally of 16 points. The drop beckons...............

narghhhh. your computer should be tossed out the window and you should jump out and catch it. this will have the double effect of damaging the random access memory of the computer such that the figure will be inverted from 37 to 73 and you will temporarily lose your ability to walk in a straight line rendering your passage to Ashton Gate too painful to bother with. Strangely, it will neither be painful for you or result in you halting your hitherto pleasurable lifestyle. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived