IGNORED

Big Bad Bas

blackthorn slice

why is this bloke getting so much stick?to me he gives 110% effort at a time when we need it [ unlike others ]and to me drags defenders away giving brooker more time to do the damage up front he,s capable of doing.

I don't know, it's tedious isn't it. City fans just need to be having a go at someone all the time.

I just think its because he not very good, I watched him a couple of times and thought he was poor. I never heard anyone have a go at him at the ground, the fans do get behind him, but speak to most fans in the pub afterwards and they think he is a poor player.

If I played for City I would give 110% every time but it doesn't mean I am good enough to ACTUALLY PLAY. It takes the ability to play well enough as well as effort.

Of course that's true, but the point is that we've 3 out of the last 4. So, why do we have to have a go at anyone at the moment? Besides, I don't think he's that bad. He got an assist on Wednesday didn't he?

On Tuesday I sat and listened to some braindead numpty at the back of the Atyeo yelling at Savage every time he made the smallest error.

He didn't acknowledge the way he battled and won headers and laid the ball off for the goal, or the later runs and the sheer effort he put in. He also continued to tackle back throughout the game.

He doubtless also failed to notice the fact that he carried on making runs off the ball up front al night, and these runs take players out of the play allowing Brooker more room.

He's ungainly and looks like he needs to know that he can do alright, but just remember Devon White.

Oh how we used to mock the lamppost (as he was known) but he demonstrated how a player of this type can work out.

More interestingly on Tuesday was how Marcus Stewert did when he came on.

little running off the ball, little or no link up play (we were watching him specifically) no won headers and not a lot to offer.

Right here, right now, Bas Savage is working for us. - get off his back.

On Tuesday I sat and listened to some braindead numpty at the back of the Atyeo yelling at Savage every time he made the smallest error.

He didn't acknowledge the way he battled and won headers and laid the ball off for the goal, or the later runs and the sheer effort he put in. He also continued to tackle back throughout the game.

He doubtless also failed to notice the fact that he carried on making runs off the ball up front al night, and these runs take players out of the play allowing Brooker more room.

He's ungainly and looks like he needs to know that he can do alright, but just remember Devon White.

Oh how we used to mock the lamppost (as he was known) but he demonstrated how a player of this type can work out.

More interestingly on Tuesday was how Marcus Stewert did when he came on.

little running off the ball, little or no link up play (we were watching him specifically) no won headers and not a lot to offer.

Right here, right now, Bas Savage is working for us. - get off his back.

Could well be the same numpty i heard too, bloody got on my nerves, isn't that 5 starts for him and still not lost? think so, so leave the guy alone!

I really need someone to explain the logic of getting rid of a quick, strong striker, who gave 100% in Madjo, who would score goals if given the chance.

And replace him with, umm, Bas. I can't describe him.

Both players are/were not good enough in this league. bas continues not to score or even look like scoring.

I think Madjo was good enough, he just needed a few starts really. He's showing he can score at Forest Green (yes, lower standard and all), but even when he was here he looked far more like scoring than, say, Stewart.

And he was quick, which is something we really lack up front.

I think Madjo was good enough, he just needed a few starts really. He's showing he can score at Forest Green (yes, lower standard and all), but even when he was here he looked far more like scoring than, say, Stewart.

And he was quick, which is something we really lack up front.

Basso looks more like scoring than Stewart.

Archived