IGNORED

The "official" Transfer Thread

BB.

Guest Scrumpy

Grant Holt in & Stewart out hopefully!

I wouldn't mind Mr Johnson's son, I also think we could do with a a pacey striker, don't have much worries about the defence or the midfield now that Russel and Noble are running it, and we have 2 quality keepers.

You say Stewart out but I would like to see him a little more involved now that we are creating more chances from the midfield. I have no problem with Savage and think that he scares the hell out of the defenders and a big player like him is sometimes what you need in this division, but there were a few chances he had on Saturday that Stewart could have tucked away.

Jevons would be good also, but Yeovil aren't going to give up their best players easily

Stewart :pray: ,Smith,Smith, Fortune

You forgot about Phillips, Wilkshire, and I also think Gilly will also be on his way out.

Jevons will be coming in, I also want a left back and a left midfielder, but I haven't got a clue who those will be, and if philiips does go then we need a GK to cover for Basso.

It's all interesting stuff though, can't wait until the wheeling and dealing starts to happen :dance:

I wouldn't mind Mr Johnson's son, I also think we could do with a a pacey striker, don't have much worries about the defence or the midfield now that Russel and Noble are running it, and we have 2 quality keepers.

Who comes in if Noble and/or Russell are injured? That's the problem.

You say Stewart out but I would like to see him a little more involved now that we are creating more chances from the midfield. I have no problem with Savage and think that he scares the hell out of the defenders and a big player like him is sometimes what you need in this division, but there were a few chances he had on Saturday that Stewart could have tucked away.

Problem with that is that Stewart wouldn't have been in those positions and his scoring record is poor when he has played for City.Fine player but it's not happening for him and he should be doing far more at this level.

Jevons would be good also, but Yeovil aren't going to give up their best players easily

Jevons is one of about 8/9 Yeovil players who are out of contract and on Bosmans in the summer, so they have a choice.Something now, nothing later.

The reason he hasn't done much is because a player like Stewart thrives off service from the midfield. he wasn't getting that so he wasn't showing us what he is capable of. He scored a lot for the Mackems last season and I don't think he can have turned that bad just over a summer.

Now that we have a half decent midfield in place maybe he deserves another stint.

The reason he hasn't done much is because a player like Stewart thrives off service from the midfield.

Oh, that old chestnut.How come LL & SB scored a bindle last season with the same poor midfield.

he wasn't getting that so he wasn't showing us what he is capable of.

You'll have to do better than that. :)

He scored a lot for the Mackems last season and I don't think he can have turned that bad just over a summer.

Now that we have a half decent midfield in place maybe he deserves another stint.

I think it's fair to say that all strikers do better in a better team.We aren't as good as Sunderland and probably won't be for another 2/3 seasons, if at all.

Guest Harry Dolman

I think it's fair to say that all strikers do better in a better team.We aren't as good as Sunderland and probably won't be for another 2/3 seasons, if at all.

It also follows that it must be easier to score in a team that is regularly dominating games than in a team that is regularly dominated.

BTW if anyone interested no bids as yet for James Hayter

Not suprised, he's an average League One striker at best. Had a decent season so far, but seven years of football at this level or lower doesn't excite me and obviously it hasn't any other clubs.

Yeovil are ****ed, we'll have free choice of any of their out of contract players with the Johnson connection.

Was very impressed with their midfield last week, so would like to see Paul Terry at Ashton Gate. Darren Way I've seen before and he looks handy.

Liked the look of Jevons so will have him, and the 'keeper Weale.

Because is on over £5K a week which could be used to pay for 3 other players and lets be honest he hasn't really done anything since he joined in the summer

I don't know where all this comes from but I won't believe £5kpw for Stewart no more than when it was touted for Bridges......who's joined those big spenders, er, Carlisle! :)

I reckon the highest paid player, discounting things like promotion bonus's is on around £2,500-3,000 and that's still far to much.

Having said that, the fact remains that Stewart leaving would mean we could still bring 2 players in without increasing the wage bill.

Barry Fry may no longer manage, but he does still own P'boro'. He has put their entire squad on the transfer list as Posh need money (and Barry Fry gets 10% of all player sales fees). Would City find a place now for James Quinn?

Stewart out... why ???? :dunno:

Because he's on £5k a week and he can't even knock Bas Savage out the team. When Stewart does play does anyone hold up any real hope that he's going to do ANYTHING? I hope he goes to be honest, but I'm more than happy for him to stay and bang twenty goals in, but he won't even score five more will he?

I'd rather Jevons than Stewart. Are you Yeovil fans up for a straight swap? Yeah? :whistle:

On a different note, has Golbourne's transfer only just gone through today or something? Did we get £160 000 and what sell on clauses?

Guest harveythompson

Wilkshire is going no where. His house is not for sale (He lives 2 doors away from me). Enless he has done it privately? Do they have 'For Sale' signs for private house sales? :dunno:

Guest harveythompson

Pop over and ask him what's the latest on his contract.

I have been tempted mate although i don't want to seem nosy. If i see him in the street i always talk to him about the team and the world cup ect and he knows i am a huge city fan but i don't want him to think I'm just fishing for info as he is a nice bloke.

Guest Harry Dolman

Wilkshire is going no where. His house is not for sale (He lives 2 doors away from me). Enless he has done it privately? Do they have 'For Sale' signs for private house sales? :dunno:

If your rational that he is not moving is purely down to the lack of a "for sale" sign, then the thinking is flawed on numerous counts:

A) Even when selling through Estate Agents many people choose not to have a "for sale" sign, especially if, for Eg, you don't want to publicise the fact that you are moving.............

B) He could choose to rent his house out instead of selling it immediately

C) With the sort of ££ players earn + signing on fees (am also sure some clubs will practically buy a new house for a player) they are in a very different financial position to the average Joe. The idea that they would need to flog one house before being in a position to buy another is not true.

Archived