IGNORED

The "official" Transfer Thread

BB.

If your rational that he is not moving is purely down to the lack of a "for sale" sign, then the thinking is flawed on numerous counts:

A) Even when selling through Estate Agents many people choose not to have a "for sale" sign, especially if, for Eg, you don't want to publicise the fact that you are moving.............

B) He could choose to rent his house out instead of selling it immediately

C) With the sort of ££ players earn + signing on fees (am also sure some clubs will practically buy a new house for a player) they are in a very different financial position to the average Joe. The idea that they would need to flog one house before being in a position to buy another is not true.

true. he could commute. its not unheard of.

hope he stays though.

Guest harveythompson

If your rational that he is not moving is purely down to the lack of a "for sale" sign, then the thinking is flawed on numerous counts:

A) Even when selling through Estate Agents many people choose not to have a "for sale" sign, especially if, for Eg, you don't want to publicise the fact that you are moving.............

B) He could choose to rent his house out instead of selling it immediately

C) With the sort of ££ players earn + signing on fees (am also sure some clubs will practically buy a new house for a player) they are in a very different financial position to the average Joe. The idea that they would need to flog one house before being in a position to buy another is not true.

Enless he has done it privately? Do they have 'For Sale' signs for private house sales?

Should have read the whole post before you tried to sound clever and be billy big time............Idiot

t'is i :shifty:

Good work my friend :dance::chant6ez:

Stewart's on 3.5k a week, the 5-7k quote you hear originates from championship manager.

As for attitude he trains exceptionally well, and although he isn't happy about not starting he's responding to it correctly unlike Phillips.

He hasn't had a run in the side while we've had a midfield worth speaking of and now that we do I'd like to see if he can get on the end of the crosses we're putting in finally.

Nibor

Stewart's on 3.5k a week, the 5-7k quote you hear originates from championship manager.

As for attitude he trains exceptionally well, and although he isn't happy about not starting he's responding to it correctly unlike Phillips.

He hasn't had a run in the side while we've had a midfield worth speaking of and now that we do I'd like to see if he can get on the end of the crosses we're putting in finally.

Nibor

i think whats needed is left footed midfielder/winger. this would possibly remove the need for another striker as it might help stewart refind his form for the reasons mentioned above. still would leave the side as it is for now. we just need to get some left feet!

Guest Harry Dolman

Enless he has done it privately? Do they have 'For Sale' signs for private house sales?

Should have read the whole post before you tried to sound clever and be billy big time............Idiot

Good work my friend :dance::chant6ez:

Uhhhh ????

I did read the post in full. You seemed to be suggesting that his house wasn't for sale as there wasn't a for sale sign. You then qualified it by saying it could be a private sale as you're not sure if private sales have signs (its up to the person selling really). I was just making the point that just because there is no for sale sign, it doesn't rule out the fact that the house could be being marketed by an estate agent.

Read the post in full next time, sammy small time........ donkey.

We all know Luke is on his way, you could see that from his reaction after his goal.

Let's get Stewart back in the side and see just what he can do when we get the ball in the opp' half as we played **** when he had a small run in the side. Remember every player was **** at the start

The reason he hasn't done much is because a player like Stewart thrives off service from the midfield. he wasn't getting that so he wasn't showing us what he is capable of. He scored a lot for the Mackems last season and I don't think he can have turned that bad just over a summer.

Now that we have a half decent midfield in place maybe he deserves another stint.

Totally agree mate, why do alot of people feel they have to slate MS all the time?,

if he goes I really think we will live to regret it.

Totally agree mate, why do alot of people feel they have to slate MS all the time?,

if he goes I really think we will live to regret it.

I think it's because we have spent a lot of money on him and given him a lot of hype and we have had 4 goals in return.

Anyway, transfers so far are:

In:

David Noble- 2 1/2 year deal - Undisclosed transfer fee (anyone want to hazard a guess?) - From Boston

Out:

Scott Golbourne - Rumoured £160 - 200K - To Reading

Marc Joseph - Returns to Hull after completing loan spell

Micheal Bridges - Released - To Carlisle

More soon???

Who would you sign if you were in Gary Johnson's position?

:city:

Guest C.T.I.D

Fortune to Port Vale on a permanent deal I hope. your not the only one

The guy is a revelation :w00t:

and a rock at the back. agreed,rocks don't do a lot do they

Man of the match in our last 2 games surely not better than your last purchase ,dinning :whistle:

Have him :w00t:

The bottom line is that us City fans have never seen anyone quite like Bas Savage. He's stimulated so much more varied opinion than any City player I can remember over the last 10 years. He's that different.....and frankly I don't know what to make of him.He's an enigma and there are not many players you can say that about.

More games will tell if he's got what it takes and thats probably why Johnson has signed him untill the end of the season and not beyond.Our manager like many of us simply don't know what to make of him.

One thing is for sure..he will always be a well remembered player whether he makes or not.

I reckon there's the potential to get it to £5K if he's scoring in a winning team. The details of Scott Murray's salary were revealed in the Evening Post. In Scott's case, his package is reported as;

"The contract included a basic wage of £2,500 a week, rising to £2,600 and then £2,700 over three years; relocation costs of £8,000, appearance fees for home and away matches, a goal bonus, a goal assist bonus and bonuses for promotion." Source: thisisbristol.co.uk

As the average player costs the club a total of £2K a week (based on an analysis of the accounts with lots of assumptions), the bonuses of top earners such as Marcus and Scott must be significant.

I reckon there's the potential to get it to £5K if he's scoring in a winning team. The details of Scott Murray's salary were revealed in the Evening Post. In Scott's case, his package is reported as;

"The contract included a basic wage of £2,500 a week, rising to £2,600 and then £2,700 over three years; relocation costs of £8,000, appearance fees for home and away matches, a goal bonus, a goal assist bonus and bonuses for promotion." Source: thisisbristol.co.uk

As the average player costs the club a total of £2K a week (based on an analysis of the accounts with lots of assumptions), the bonuses of top earners such as Marcus and Scott must be significant.

Assuming he played every game and scored a hatrick and we got promoted maybe yes, his earnings over the year might be that much, depends on how much the bonuses are obviously.

But then it's a moot point because the thing about bonuses is, they are most often structured so that they can only be earned by results that pay for them.

Nibor

Assuming he played every game and scored a hatrick and we got promoted maybe yes, his earnings over the year might be that much, depends on how much the bonuses are obviously.

But then it's a moot point because the thing about bonuses is, they are most often structured so that they can only be earned by results that pay for them.

Nibor

I'd certainly prefer bonuses to basic salary for the reason you state. I simply reckon that the bonuses are a significant chunk of pay (when earned) as it is otherwise difficult to link Scott Murray's disclosed pay into the overall wage bill of the Club.

I'd certainly prefer bonuses to basic salary for the reason you state. I simply reckon that the bonuses are a significant chunk of pay (when earned) as it is otherwise difficult to link Scott Murray's disclosed pay into the overall wage bill of the Club.

I guess alot of it depends on what spread you assume. You can look at the total given in the figures and do some rough calculations as you say. Don't forget that the employment cost shown in the accounts includes employer contributions which are significant, and probably a certain amount of non playing football staff as well as benefits like health insurance etc.

I'd always assumed that the max was about £3-£4k and that only for one or two players. (Probably only Stewart now, I think Doherty was on something close to that though). I'd guess most of the senior pros (ie over 23) are on £1200-£2500 a week depending on seniority, with the youngsters somewhere around £500 until they sign their second deal.

Nibor

I'd always assumed that the max was about £3-£4k and that only for one or two players. (Probably only Stewart now, I think Doherty was on something close to that though). I'd guess most of the senior pros (ie over 23) are on £1200-£2500 a week depending on seniority, with the youngsters somewhere around £500 until they sign their second deal.

Nibor

What I hear from source agrees with what you say. I've heard most the first team are on about £2000 but I've also heard from my most reliable personal source (well, my only personal source) that Stewart is on £5000 a week. He doesn't deserve £1000 a week on his form so far does he!?

Anyway, for anyone who's using this thread for transfer information/descussion, Steve Phillips is having his name circulated. Looks like he is out the door then! Is there a rule at this Club that we're not allowed a back up keeper or something? :laugh:

Archived