IGNORED

Phillips Kid Mentality

LSR

oh wow basso has made one or two good saves....

Phillips has been making good saves all of his career!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, but basso is doing the buisness at present. and after watching him with a critical eye first hand over christmas i rate basso highly. there is no reason to drop him, as he is performing well.

how phillips came to be dropped is another matter. maybe phillips confidence was shot, maybe gary johnson was only planning to give him a rest but was impressed by how basso took his chance, maybe they just simply fell out on a personal level. i don't know, and doubt many on here really do either. but basso is holding his own now. it is illogical to change a side which is performing well as we are right now.

i think phillips is an excelent keeper, and am sad that he wants to leave. i wish he wanted to stay, because competition is a positive when a club is on the slide. look at sunderland. they have two keepers, and when mccarthey recently dropped his usual first choice (Kelvin Davis) for a couple of games. the replacement performed well, but was out of the side again a game or two later. Kelvin Davis came back and responded by producing hisbest form this season after that.

phillips made 159 consecutive appearnces for us and this was on merit. he has often been our most consistant performer and kept his place due to his signifcant ability, regardless of who was lined up infront of him. but the last real quality keeper has to fight over the jersey with was, in my opinion, billy mercer. the others he mentioned in his WDP article (myhill, gould and stowell) were either too old or inexperienced to take his place long term, and i think he knew that. basso is the first keeper the club has had in a while who could actually keep him out of the side for a significant period. this is most likely why many fans are jumping to the conclusion that he is simply sulking, no matter what the actual facts are.

i hate how this debate has become a 'love' or 'hate' issue, with people picking sides. for me, the only side i can choose is bristol city football club. i think both are excelent keepers, each not perfect but still more than good enough for our first 11. i think phillips might have played his last game for city, and i am disapointed by this. however, i support whoever wears the shirt with pride, as basso does this, so gets my full support as long as he hold his place. i'm not concerned with the politics of the situation.

as a last point, if phillips want first team football we shouldn't stand in his way, but i think for his contribution over the last ten years he should still get his testimonial celebrations, where ever he is playing. good luck steve, you've earnt a place in my memories as a great servant to the club i love.

i agree, but basso is doing the buisness at present. and after watching him with a critical eye first hand over christmas i rate basso highly. there is no reason to drop him, as he is performing well.

how phillips came to be dropped is another matter. maybe phillips confidence was shot, maybe gary johnson was only planning to give him a rest but was impressed by how basso took his chance, maybe they just simply fell out on a personal level. i don't know, and doubt many on here really do either. but basso is holding his own now. it is illogical to change a side which is performing well as we are right now.

i think phillips is an excelent keeper, and am sad that he wants to leave. i wish he wanted to stay, because competition is a positive when a club is on the slide. look at sunderland. they have two keepers, and when mccarthey recently dropped his usual first choice (Kelvin Davis) for a couple of games. the replacement performed well, but was out of the side again a game or two later. Kelvin Davis came back and responded by producing hisbest form this season after that.

phillips made 159 consecutive appearnces for us and this was on merit. he has often been our most consistant performer and kept his place due to his signifcant ability, regardless of who was lined up infront of him. but the last real quality keeper has to fight over the jersey with was, in my opinion, billy mercer. the others he mentioned in his WDP article (myhill, gould and stowell) were either too old or inexperienced to take his place long term, and i think he knew that. basso is the first keeper the club has had in a while who could actually keep him out of the side for a significant period. this is most likely why many fans are jumping to the conclusion that he is simply sulking, no matter what the actual facts are.

i hate how this debate has become a 'love' or 'hate' issue, with people picking sides. for me, the only side i can choose is bristol city football club. i think both are excelent keepers, each not perfect but still more than good enough for our first 11. i think phillips might have played his last game for city, and i am disapointed by this. however, i support whoever wears the shirt with pride, as basso does this, so gets my full support as long as he hold his place. i'm not concerned with the politics of the situation.

as a last point, if phillips want first team football we shouldn't stand in his way, but i think for his contribution over the last ten years he should still get his testimonial celebrations, where ever he is playing. good luck steve, you've earnt a place in my memories as a great servant to the club i love.

Excellent post. I agree totally!

oh wow basso has made one or two good saves....

Phillips has been making good saves all of his career!!!!!!!!!!

yeah and some terrible blunders too.Basso is in a winning side ,Phillips isnt.

And i agree with th post above.He has been a good servent ,but he needs to show more passion if he is as good as you lot say he is ,then he should have no trouble getting back in the side ..should he?????

I agree that Phillips thinks that he has a divine right to be our number one, which he doesn't, but GJ won't play him. I don't think it matters what Phillips does, GJ doesn't like him so he won't play him. Then again, I don't think Phillips wants to play for GJ either.

I think he wants to go to MK Dons, with Wilson, because he thinks he's guarenteed first team football there.

thats a no brainer!

Here's my suggestion if he does leave;

I think the Club should produce 'Phillips sent the Gas down' T-shirts, flog them all off for a few quid, get us all to shake the mans hand in respect and rememberance of this celebrated fact, all the profits should go towards a leaving present, we could get him a replica GK top with Phillips 1 printed on the back or something.

Anyone who doesn't get a dignified send off, after a tenth of a century at the same club or job really must have fu9ked things up somewhere. We should also take him out for a good p155up (IN THE SUMMER and AWAY FROM BRISTOL!) of course.

Do you reckon Stevie L and the Footballing world at large would take my suggestion seriously?

Probably not. :(

Archived