IGNORED

He's Leaving

Wurzel of Oz

Probably City's best consistent performer over the last 5 years. He makes a few mistakes and is dropped. Had always been a fan favourite until perple jump on his back after a few mistakes and is labled 'flapper' and everyone jumps on the Basso bandwagon after a few decent performances. Thanks a lot ...

Sam :city:

I'm over exagerating but makes you tink doesn't it eh? Has this forum's influnce spread to far? Should we leave it to the people who know best? At S****hore you'd all better make a serious noise for Steve!

Probably City's best consistent performer over the last 5 years. He makes a few mistakes and is dropped. Had always been a fan favourite until perple jump on his back after a few mistakes and is labled 'flapper' and everyone jumps on the Basso bandwagon after a few decent performances. Thanks a lot ...

I'm over exagerating but makes you tink doesn't it eh? Has this forum's influnce spread to far? Should we leave it to the people who know best? At S****hore you'd all better make a serious noise for Steve!

flapper :w00t: .theres cold,s and flu going around and he cant even catch that :laugh: .he should grow up and stop throwing his toys out of the pram and fight for his place. :dance:

I was under the impression Phillips has asked for his name to be circulated, however, I agree that we should leave it to the people who know best, those who see him training day in and day out - Gary Johnson and his management team.

What other keepers have we had at the club over the past 5 years to compare Mr Phillips against?

He gets 1 bit of competition and he's off in a sulk. If he doesn't want to play for this football club as his recent behaviour and conduct shows then goodbye!

No 1 player is bigger than the football club.

Guest The Codfather 0312

And can you please explain why it is my fault?

He makes a few mistakes and is dropped.

Then doesn't get to play for a few games and puts in a transfer request. After the club have awarded him a testimonial.

I'd like him to stay but that's a cr@ppy attitude no matter how you slice it. And if he really cares that a few people on a forum start calling him flapper then he's got no right being a professional footballer.

If you get to play football for a living then I think thats the LEAST you should have to put up with!

I've been calling him a flapper for years - if he still doesn't know when to come for a cross, good riddance.

NONE of us have driven him out!! He's having a paddy, bog all to do with us. Cant stand competition obviously.

Sad to see 'I'm go, but if thats his attitude, in the new regime, so be it!

No one player is bigger than Bristol City Football Club, OR Manager. They all have a transient role in the clubs history.

Marcus the leg end will no doubt be next.......... :doh:

Guest Ronmeister

The 35 yard goal vs Southend, the 30 yard goal vs Notts County, and more recently the 35 yard goal vs Gillingham lost Steve his place, not the forum.

He should grow up, not the forum (well it should but for different reasons).

NONE of us have driven him out!! He's having a paddy, bog all to do with us. Cant stand competition obviously.

Sad to see 'I'm go, but if thats his attitude, in the new regime, so be it!

No one player is bigger than Bristol City Football Club, OR Manager. They all have a transient role in the clubs history.

Marcus the leg end will no doubt be next.......... :doh:

Why ???

Guest holdec

I work in Swindon, my work mate who's been watching football for 40 yrs (Swindon fan) says with no bias " Phillips is a good shot stopper but can't kick very well & is well dodgy when he tries to catch ". I have to admit in this league a team need a keeper who can catch the high ball.

Cos hes having an impressive season, and wont wanna sit on the bench (allegedly) innit.

Maybe he isn't like Phillips and he wants to stay with the City, and fight for his place, this time last season the Sunderland fans were giving him grief, yet the second half of the season impressed with lots of goals.

And thats what I'm hoping from MS this season, I firmly believe if he is given a chance in this team now, with the way we are playing, he will come good for us, and score a few goals.

I now await loads of grief...... :unsure:

Guest The Codfather 0312

I'm still trying to understand why I am the reason why he is leaving

He's Leaving, and it's all your fault ...

I never said a bad word against the guy.

He never leaves his 6 yard box. Good shot stopper, but not as good as Basso. Thanx for the last few years but I won't be crying if he leaves. Nobody is bigger than the club, so it matters not who is wearing the shirt as long as they deserve it.

Guest rasherpudding

I agree SP has been one of the most constent player we've had in recent times. It seems to me that successive management are intent on destroying value, a little while ago he would have been one of the players first on the teamsheet and we were afriad of loosing him to a bid, no it seems we will throw him away in a similar way to Coles, Bell, Hill, Tom, Rosenior etc. etc.... Our management Board, Wilson, Tins & Johnson have a lot to answer for here.

In recent bad times Steve has made few mistakes, just look at the cock ups we watch in the premiership avery week, how much have that have we been the victims of. It appears GJ has his favourites and anyone whole has the temerity to disagree soon gets the cold shoulder, not good for team spirit.

Basso is at best no better than Stve, if we wanted a decent number two we should have signed Myaz Bohill from Villa, hes doing it well for Hull as we speak, another lost opportunity and poor management judgement, not GJ I admit. To suggest Basso is better at crosses than Steve is barking, look at Port Vale, Rotherham, Yoevil. In addition his distribution is terrible this in turn invites pressure on the back line. GJ also readily forgives Basso's errors while every little discretion is publicly criticised where Steve is concerned, ratehr inconsistent GJ.

If Steve goes I will wish him well, but we will still have a problem, only one keeper. If that happens we must get one who is miles better than Basso.

I agree SP has been one of the most constent player we've had in recent times. It seems to me that successive management are intent on destroying value, a little while ago he would have been one of the players first on the teamsheet and we were afriad of loosing him to a bid, no it seems we will throw him away in a similar way to Coles, Bell, Hill, Tom, Rosenior etc. etc.... Our management Board, Wilson, Tins & Johnson have a lot to answer for here.

In recent bad times Steve has made few mistakes, just look at the cock ups we watch in the premiership avery week, how much have that have we been the victims of. It appears GJ has his favourites and anyone whole has the temerity to disagree soon gets the cold shoulder, not good for team spirit.

Basso is at best no better than Stve, if we wanted a decent number two we should have signed Myaz Bohill from Villa, hes doing it well for Hull as we speak, another lost opportunity and poor management judgement, not GJ I admit. To suggest Basso is better at crosses than Steve is barking, look at Port Vale, Rotherham, Yoevil. In addition his distribution is terrible this in turn invites pressure on the back line. GJ also readily forgives Basso's errors while every little discretion is publicly criticised where Steve is concerned, ratehr inconsistent GJ.

If Steve goes I will wish him well, but we will still have a problem, only one keeper. If that happens we must get one who is miles better than Basso.

Well I must have been watching a different Phillips to you then .He has consisitently flapped throughout his career.He has never ever conquered his inability at crosses and consistently affected the defense with his dithering and indecision.Yes he is an excellent shot stopper but that is not enough.He has had long enough and has been able to get in the team week in and week out however well or badly he has played.In the face of competition he has turned tail and wants out as opposed to showing his mettle and getting his place back.I think that just about sums him up.The club will be better without prima donnas like him.

career and never ever

Phillips did not have real competition for his place since he has been here, he was always the 1st name on the team sheet yes he is a reasonable keeper but as soon as abit of competition comes along he wants out. with an attitude like that we done need him here. imo when johnson arrived i think phillips must of been the "big i am" as he knew there was no cover for him so he had to play, so johnson has gone out and got a better keeper than him but he doesnt want to stay and fight so let him go. he gets his testimonial and then sh!ts on his own door step.

Guest Harry Dolman

It doesn't really say a lot for Steve that the 1st time his position comes under threat, he wants out. I understand that unlike other players, the goalkeeper is likely to have to wait a lot longer for another chance, but then again with Basso getting injd in consecutive games maybe that chance would come soone than expected ??

I'm non plussed really, if he stays we have 2 decent keepers, if he goes we replace him, life goes on etc.

Undoubtedly he is a very good shot stopper, but equally he is very poor at taking crosses. Maybe we will be better off with more of an all rounder, we shall see.

It doesn't really say a lot for Steve that the 1st time his position comes under threat, he wants out.

Precisely. It's not our fault. It's his decision. He doesn't want to stay and fight. And at this club, I don't want people who aren't prepared to fight for their place but think it should the theirs of right.

Archived