IGNORED

Club Anthems

Robbored

Many clubs have thier own anthem.

Liverpool - "you'll never walk alone"

Rovers - "Goodnight Irene"

West Ham - " I'm forever blowing bubbles"

Pompey - " Play up Pompey"

There are many more - but whats the concensus on what is Bristol City's anthem amongst our own fans?

There can be only one song imo.

In the words of Grease:

Cider, Wurzels and Bristol City... Go together ramma lamma lamma ka dinga that dinga dong.

For better as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom that boom.

Change change changity change shoo bop that's the way it never should be....

Waooo Yeah!

On another note: Why play One for the Bristol City when we're at Wembley?! Is it the Cider connection?!

When the red red robin was always what was sung before the start of the games

we should definatly play that as the players come out onto the pitch, charlton do it and it sounds good, would be better than Amarillo any way :whistle:

On another note: Why play One for the Bristol City when we're at Wembley?! Is it the Cider connection?!

My guess is that the organises didn't want songs about drunkenness being sung (and also because City fans 'adapt' the lyrics and sing a naughty word :blush: )

Guest North Street

Many clubs have thier own anthem.

Liverpool - "you'll never walk alone"

Rovers - "Goodnight Irene"

West Ham - " I'm forever blowing bubbles"

Pompey - " Play up Pompey"

There are many more - but whats the concensus on what is Bristol City's anthem amongst our own fans?

There can be only one song imo.

It's 'Drink up thy cider' but Steve L has decided that this is not modern thinking so we have to endure the hairy and Northern amarillo.

Everyone knows it's "Hi Ho Silver Lining" or summat like that. I don't know any of the words but it must be our anthem as I FIRST heard it sung at Wembley. :doh:

I remember that against stoke, they got "delilah" as it they're song and we got that bag'o'balls .... was quite annoyed at that at the time !

Everyone knows it's "Hi Ho Silver Lining" or summat like that. I don't know any of the words but it must be our anthem as I FIRST heard it sung at Wembley. :doh:

Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining

hmm, i don't agree with that being our anthem...but we adapt those lyrics aswell> "Hi Ho Bristol City" :city:

i think Sheffield Wednesday change the lyrics in the same way so unfortunately we arent unique....

Our's is "Drink up thy Cider", although if we need to debate it then something isn't quite right! :blush:

Don't Yeovil seem to think it's their anthem too?? :doh:

In response to Hi Ho Silver lyning, I believe a lot of teams put their name to that song.

The anthems of other Clubs I like are, Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" and West Ham's "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles", Quality anthems.

The worst anthem is that one about a prossie!! :disapointed2se:

Our's is "Drink up thy Cider", although if we need to debate it then something isn't quite right! :blush:

Don't Yeovil seem to think it's their anthem too?? :doh:

In response to Hi Ho Silver lyning, I believe a lot of teams put their name to that song.

The anthems of other Clubs I like are, Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" and West Ham's "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles", Quality anthems.

The worst anthem is that one about a prossie!! :disapointed2se:

Thing is "you'll never walk alone" actually originated at Celtic before Liverpool took it on.

Thing is "you'll never walk alone" actually originated at Celtic before Liverpool took it on.

Considering that the song was written by Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers who is a Liverpudlian born and bred I think you'll find its the other way around.He also wrote "Ferry across the Mersey".

Considering that the song was written by Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers who is a Liverpudlian born and bred I think you'll find its the other way around.He also wrote "Ferry across the Mersey".

Its actually from the musical 'Carousel' written by Rodgers and Hammerstein

Archived