IGNORED

Clayton Fortune

surreyred

Just been talking to a mate of mine who is a long serving Vale supporter.

He said the Vale fans really rated FORTUNE and wanted him on a full time deal.

I did question his eye sight and alcohol consumption, but he was adamant a large number of Vale fans really rate him.

I presume he is still on loan there ?

Wonder if Vale will make a bid ????????????

We can but hope. Just don't think that Vale can accomodate him on there wage bill as they are a bit skint.

we are actually in a better financial position that most in the league, espeacially after our game with aston villa and the money from Collins and Paynter. I would love it if Clayton stayed, was rubbish at first but has got better and better and now we would struggle without him. Hopefully he'll stay!

we are actually in a better financial position that most in the league, espeacially after our game with aston villa and the money from Collins and Paynter. I would love it if Clayton stayed, was rubbish at first but has got better and better and now we would struggle without him. Hopefully he'll stay!

sorry valient but I couldn't help but notice your signature says theres only one Lee MAtthews

!

From the player who gets injured after coming on as a substitute last week after weeks of being injured with a hamstring injury. Speaks volumes for him does that !!! :rofl2br:

If CF leaves we'll insert a clause and that's good because he could well come good.

I know the City Management and fans alike have become fed up with him and consider he's had enough chances but, with a little attitude adjustment and maturity, you never know.

The potential's there (PNE are no mugs and they bid £400k with clauses) but his attitude isn't.That can change with age so let him go but put the clause in to be safe.

Guest C.T.I.D

Just been talking to a mate of mine who is a long serving Vale supporter.

He said the Vale fans really rated FORTUNE and wanted him on a full time deal.

I did question his eye sight and alcohol consumption, but he was adamant a large number of Vale fans really rate him.

I presume he is still on loan there ?

Wonder if Vale will make a bid ????????????

:laugh:

is this the same port vale who were singing Dinnings praises before he got his contract

now they want rid of him :shifty:

Well were more than happy for you to keep him!!!!!

You see Clayton struggles for City, as the potential of our club is huge. We have a superb stadium, can draw huge crowds when were playing well, have a massive catchpoint area that boads good for the future,easily have the biggest away following when times are good, like to play football through the center of the pitch and on the ground, are the only club in Bristol, have a fantastic city center,and on and on and on.....

Thats why he plays well for a tiny little club like Vale. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You see Clayton struggles for City, as the potential of our club is huge. We have a superb stadium, can draw huge crowds when were playing well, have a massive catchpoint area that boads good for the future,easily have the biggest away following when times are good, like to play football through the center of the pitch and on the ground, are the only club in Bristol, have a fantastic city center,and on and on and on.....

Thats why he plays well for a tiny little club like Vale. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The only trouble with clayton 'do you know who i am' fortune is his massive head.The boy thinks hes something he certainly aint.If he put in as much effort on the pitch as he does in town then i think we would see a different player.The wrong kind of attitude to make it at this club.

Can I have a pint or a sniff of what you are on?

Swansea 7 BCFC 1,

Back line of Orr-Keogh-Fortune-Woodman. Our match report refers to Trundle toying with Fortune.

Since then, Orr and Woodman have improved, Keogh did very well at Wycombe, and now Fortune is getting rated at Vale. Cant wait for the Swansea match, although they are using January to strengthen their side.

With Carey, Heywood, Partridge, Keogh, and Skuse available for 2 center back positions, I cannot see a place in the team for Fortune.

Wasn't there a time we were all talking about him being the next big thing? I know we have a history here of doing that but still. And preston were sniffing.

I thought his biggest problem was his lacidasical on field persona, similar to that of Joseph Yobo.

He really is just 5h1t is it?

Guest Harry Dolman

I am probably in a minority of 1, but personally I will be sad to see CF leave & would not be in the least bit shocked if he forges a good career for himself at CCC level.

He's one of those players who, whenever he was in the team, it was clear he was only there pro tem & as soon as he made an error or someone else got fit, he'd be out. Yes he's had some bad games, yes his concentration could be iffy & yes he was consistently inconsistent. However these are all common faults with relatively young/inexperienced players. His peformances at Vale have been interesting....... started off poorly (at which point we'd have dropped him), they persevere (probably as they had no-one else) & he comes good. So, when he plays for us, he knows he's 1 error away from being dropped - result is that he is nervous & edgy. When he plays for them he knows he'll get an extended stay in the team - result after initial nerves he puts in good displays.

He will never be as dominant in the air or as nasty as you'd like for a guy his size, however he is decent in the air/in the "tackle" (no rude comments), has reasonable pace & (most rare for a lower league defender) he can pass the ball. Add his versatility (centreback, left back, centre midfield - at a push) & I think our loss will be someone elses gain.

I am probably in a minority of 1, but personally I will be sad to see CF leave & would not be in the least bit shocked if he forges a good career for himself at CCC level.

I think you're right, you are the only one to have spotted Clayton's talent for cricket. I won't be sorry to see him leave and if Somerset take him lets hope he comes good.

Guest Harry Dolman

I think you're right, you are the only one to have spotted Clayton's talent for cricket. I won't be sorry to see him leave and if Somerset take him lets hope he comes good.

Think about it, he could be a great fast bowler ala' Courney Walsh, Ambrose etc!!!!

Guest Legend City Man

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR again.. What did Fortune ever do wrong for us! He was a rock at the back, didnt put a foot wrong in the first few games of the seaosn for us, oh but then we needed a scapegoat didnt we so u all chose clayton.. why? he's still young, still learning the game, got a great future ahead of him in my opninion but now you lot have ruined it for him at our club...

I think I'd rather stick with old Caddick if given the choice, although with Clayton's height he would bring back memories of Joel Garner.

Given the success enjoyed by Mark Alleyne's men last year I think he'd be better suited to the 'Shire.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR again.. What did Fortune ever do wrong for us! He was a rock at the back, didnt put a foot wrong in the first few games of the seaosn for us, oh but then we needed a scapegoat didnt we so u all chose clayton.. why? he's still young, still learning the game, got a great future ahead of him in my opninion but now you lot have ruined it for him at our club...

Sorry but fortune is 24 this year and for a professional footballer, you have to show your potential by then, which he hasn't done for us. Wasn't a scapegoat, he was just rubbish!

Careful - you might wreck this little circle of hate!

I agree with you. I think Clayton's a good player who went off the rails under Tinnions mismanagement and inept man-handling skills.

I think he will make a good deep central MF player who can distribute the ball as well as break things up a bit. He can also play LB as he has done for us before. (I think)

Before anyone jumps up and down, I would add that he needs to be given a very clear option of play or go (in as much as if he wastes it again then throw him out) if he does come back. but currently there isn't a role for him so that begs the question that another spell in the reserves would just put him right back where he was.

But he has been made the official fans whipping boy - maybe he should get a certificate or summat!!

Archived