IGNORED

Smokers

fRed

Smoking  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Angry, how about putting a stop to the social control?

How about stopping the PCer moralising little punks?

How about catering for everybody's wants and needs?

How about leaving people to get on with their lifes?

Hmmm, do correct me if I'm wrong.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Mumma take this badge from me-I can't use it any more....

(Knocking on Heavens door)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

How about leaving people to get on with their lifes?

Hmmm, do correct me if I'm wrong.

How about leaving people to ruin other peoples lives?

As a non smoker i find there is nothing worse than walking out of a pub after a pool match and stinking of smoke. I find it embarresing that my clothes stink so much.

Are all smokers so ignorant that they can't see what they are doing to people around them or is it just the majority?

Smoking in pubs should be as follows; either have a smoking pub or a non smoking pub and you can have a choice which one to go in; much fairer than this stupid blanket ban :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

You what?? In England?? :dunno::whistle:

Sorry DD, basically just getting sick and tired of constantly being told what I can and can't do and how I should and shouldn't live my life especially by a bunch of eejits.

These people are not my nanny, although they seem to believe that they are.

As a non smoker i find there is nothing worse than walking out of a pub after a pool match and stinking of smoke. I find it embarresing that my clothes stink so much.

Are all smokers so ignorant that they can't see what they are doing to people around them or is it just the majority?

Point very much taken MarcusX......

Smoking in pubs should be as follows; either have a smoking pub or a non smoking pub and you can have a choice which one to go in; much fairer than this stupid blanket ban :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Pack it up pack it in, let me begin....(Jump Around)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Sorry DD, basically just getting sick and tired of constantly being told what I can and can't do and how I should and shouldn't live my life especially by a bunch of eejits.

No i totally agree with you.

I now have which seems like a chest infection so maybe this will kick start the quitting in preparation for the ban fest :)

No i totally agree with you.

I now have which seems like a chest infection so maybe this will kick start the quitting in preparation for the ban fest :)

Coming from someone who was totally anti smoking I'm surprised you even started in the first place!

Is it me, or is there loads and loads of nasty smoking adverts around at the moment?

The tax loss on ciggeretes will go on petrol I reckon. The cost of petrol has already gone up and I suspect it will be going up even more than it has already when they start losing the tobacco tax...

Will anti-smokers be happy to take up the increase in petrol prices to make up the tax loss if that is what happens?

Is it me, or is there loads and loads of nasty smoking adverts around at the moment?

The tax loss on ciggeretes will go on petrol I reckon. The cost of petrol has already gone up and I suspect it will be going up even more than it has already when they start losing the tobacco tax...

Will anti-smokers be happy to take up the increase in petrol prices to make up the tax loss if that is what happens?

Yep that and booze. or knowing this government they will punish us smokers even further and gain the money back they lose by putting up the prices of tobacco products.

As a smoker I don't notice my clothessmell of smoke after but what I do notice as a very light drinker is thesmell of alcohol on people after they have been drinking. On many occasions I have been in a pub justdrinking Coke and have had drinks spilt over me. Now that is worse than fag smoke on peoples clothes so lets also ban alcohol from pubs.

I think there are more important things the government needs to look at than smoking, Like glass bottles and glasses in night clubs etc etc, Also they nedto do more about cars as more people are driving nowand its having a massive effect on this planet and will eentuall kill everyone on this planet. Unlike tabbaco products. I have yet to hearof one person dying of passive smoking so why are all non smokers so unhappy for?

And why don't all your non smokers coming out from hiding behind the cock and bull story of passive smoking and admit that the only reasonyou want itbanned iscoz youdon't like the smell. Well I have news for you.I don't like alot ofpeoples habits and choice of perfume, aftershave etc etc but I'm not calling for it to be banned.

We're talking about an OPEN AIR VENUE.

Are all non-smokers so ignorant that they can't see that they are patronising & intolerant to the needs of others or is it just the majority?

I don't like alot ofpeoples habits and choice of perfume, aftershave etc etc

This my friend, is a damn good point.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make that change

('Man in the mirror' - MJ)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I have yet to hearof one person dying of passive smoking so why are all non smokers so unhappy for?

Then you obviously havent heard of Roy Castle, Tv personality and musician who played in many many clubs over the course of his lifetime, he never ever smoked a day in his life yet he died as a result of passive smoking when he developed lung cancer, which was caused by all those years inhaling second hand smoke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/2493567.stm

And you obviously havent had the pleasure of watching a relative slowly being killed by the effects of smoking 20 years AFTER they gave up, as I have had to do.

We're talking about an OPEN AIR VENUE.

Are all non-smokers so ignorant that they can't see that they are patronising & intolerant to the needs of others or is it just the majority?

The "Needs" of others :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep that and booze. or knowing this government they will punish us smokers even further and gain the money back they lose by putting up the prices of tobacco products.

As a smoker I don't notice my clothessmell of smoke after but what I do notice as a very light drinker is thesmell of alcohol on people after they have been drinking. On many occasions I have been in a pub justdrinking Coke and have had drinks spilt over me. Now that is worse than fag smoke on peoples clothes so lets also ban alcohol from pubs.

I think there are more important things the government needs to look at than smoking, Like glass bottles and glasses in night clubs etc etc, Also they nedto do more about cars as more people are driving nowand its having a massive effect on this planet and will eentuall kill everyone on this planet. Unlike tabbaco products. I have yet to hearof one person dying of passive smoking so why are all non smokers so unhappy for?

And why don't all your non smokers coming out from hiding behind the cock and bull story of passive smoking and admit that the only reasonyou want itbanned iscoz youdon't like the smell. Well I have news for you.I don't like alot ofpeoples habits and choice of perfume, aftershave etc etc but I'm not calling for it to be banned.

:blink::doh::laugh:

I think you should get someone from home (or the local hospital) watch what you write on this forum. To save you from looking like a total idiot.

I think refraining from writing on the forum at 1.30 am maybe a start.

How you can believe one scare story about the end of the earth through car fumes. But not understand the effects of passive smoking is beyond me.

Also cars are useful, fags are not. How do you think your fags got to the shops?

:blink::doh::laugh:

I think you should get someone from home (or the local hospital) watch what you write on this forum. To save you from looking like a total idiot.

I think refraining from writing on the forum at 1.30 am maybe a start.

How you can believe one scare story about the end of the earth through car fumes. But not understand the effects of passive smoking is beyond me.

Also cars are useful, fags are not. How do you think your fags got to the shops?

Suicide = pipe from car exhaust to car window in garage; not sit in garage smoking fags;

Point;Fumes from car exhausts KILL but thats fine and most choose to ignore as there is not enough in the atmosphere to kill us all yet.

Fact; this planet is heating up due to pollutants ommitted by humans all our ancesters will pay one day.

Will YOU be happy to pay the millions of extra revenue smokers now pay in tax; as this money will have to be found somewhere else.

Solution; have smoking pubs and non smoking pubs and give us all freedoom of choice :dunno:

Then you obviously havent heard of Roy Castle, Tv personality and musician who played in many many clubs over the course of his lifetime, he never ever smoked a day in his life yet he died as a result of passive smoking when he developed lung cancer, which was caused by all those years inhaling second hand smoke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/2493567.stm

And you obviously havent had the pleasure of watching a relative slowly being killed by the effects of smoking 20 years AFTER they gave up, as I have had to do.

I did work in a Ward for stroke victims and most of the patients treated were due to lifestyle choices e.g smoking,alcohol, lack of exercise, obesity,over eating and eating high fat foods. However i would not advocate the banning of high fat foods, alcohol, over eating or obesity. By the same token i would not ban smoking but simply offer more choice to non smokers as some people will always decide that despite the information it will not happen to them and you cannot legislate for everything. Imagine a world without risk?

Suicide = pipe from car exhaust to car window in garage; not sit in garage smoking fags;

Point;Fumes from car exhausts KILL but thats fine and most choose to ignore as there is not enough in the atmosphere to kill us all yet.

Fact; this planet is heating up due to pollutants ommitted by humans all our ancesters will pay one day.

Will YOU be happy to pay the millions of extra revenue smokers now pay in tax; as this money will have to be found somewhere else.

Solution; have smoking pubs and non smoking pubs and give us all freedoom of choice :dunno:

not denying global warming. More astounded that he belives the facts of global warming which are sketchy at best, but dosn't understand passive smoking and its effects.

not denying global warming. More astounded that he belives the facts of global warming which are sketchy at best, but dosn't understand passive smoking and its effects.

Given that the away fans will have one side of the ground wouldnt it be fairer to have one stand non smoking, one stand smoking and non smoking; and one stand for the smokers; this way everyone would have a choice :dunno:

Given that the away fans will have one side of the ground wouldnt it be fairer to have one stand non smoking, one stand smoking and non smoking; and one stand for the smokers; this way everyone would have a choice :dunno:

In a perfect world yes. but 45 mins without a fag cannot be that hard.

Unfortunatly for smokers they seem to be a minority, and the only minority in britain the goverment iss willing to punish

In a perfect world yes. but 45 mins without a fag cannot be that hard.

Unfortunatly for smokers they seem to be a minority, and the only minority in britain the goverment iss willing to punish

Just thought I would say that whoever smokes wil have to go without a fag for the whole game as it is also being banned in the concoarses, So it will be banned in the whole stadium. This is only good news for us non smokers.

Just thought I would say that whoever smokes wil have to go without a fag for the whole game as it is also being banned in the concoarses, So it will be banned in the whole stadium. This is only good news for us non smokers.

I fail to understand your glee because here we have a stadium with ten thousand empty seats which is in the open air and you think that discouraging supporters to attend is a good thing! So less revenue which in the long term has a knock on effect to yourself is a good thing?

Archived