IGNORED

Post Removed In Record Time

M_Porter

i posted a complaint that was removed in less than 2 mins having read the rules--

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, the contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM. Complaints made public on the forum will be removed. Failure to do so in the correct manner may result in you recieving a warning.

so let me word this right

i have been asked to remove my signiture by "someone"

i have refused as i think it is unfair as there are,how shall i put it ummmm others on here how are far more superior to me who also SEEM to have banner etc as thier sig so IMO i think it only fair that we should all remove them not as i put it (AND NOT BREAKING ANY RULES ) have one rule for one and one for another.

i welcome pm's regarding my original pm from j*y

Personal, maybe. But the issue originally was whether a forum rule should:

1) be there in the first place

2) if it was being policed properly across the whole board

Are we going to see a situation where any questioning of the rules or the mods leads to post removal and a ban? And that you can only debate these things in private?

In my opinion it would have been better to let the original thread stay and everyone else argue with the poster.

Guest DrFaustus

See if this post gets taken off too - quick! What did you put first time?

He said that TinnionForEngland is an internet warrior with a tiny penis.

Yep...just checked that, safe in my assertion that there will be no legal challenge there. Yoda told me about TFE's penis in case you were wondering.

Guest DrFaustus

Please, join in. What were you going to add?

Trust me, it looks much worse to you if you edit your post and claim that you're going to get into a slagging match.

He called you and the mods nasty names. :)

Please, join in. What were you going to add?

Trust me, it looks much worse to you if you edit your post and claim that you're going to get into a slagging match.

My opinion is being taken as that of the ST's, when it isn't, and I am prone to going a bit OTT because I get easily worked up, so I'm not getting involved in a slagging match over something that I'm not at all qualified to comment on in the way people think I am.

WTF you now nothing so keep you nose out !

When it was directed that you should put your concerns in a PM you made a public thread, and now you're telling me to keep my nose out? Make your mind up.

My opinion is being taken as that of the ST's, when it isn't, and I am prone to going a bit OTT because I get easily worked up, so I'm not getting involved in a slagging match over something that I'm not at all qualified to comment on in the way people think I am.

Do what Tom does, put a disclaimer that it is your opinion and yours only.

My view (as posted) is that whilst I might agree that adverts in signatures could be a bad thing, I am against mods simply deleting and questioning or challenging of the rules.

So what would your opinion (which of course is yours and not that of the ST) be?

When it was directed that you should put your concerns in a PM you made a public thread, and now you're telling me to keep my nose out? Make your mind up.

and at what stage was i directed as you put it to use pm,s ???????????

anyone who wants to know the content of the original pm just simply pm me thers no rule against that as jays latest pm clearly states

and at what stage was i directed as you put it to use pm,s ???????????

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, the contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM. Complaints made public on the forum will be removed. Failure to do so in the correct manner may result in you recieving a warning.

You quoted it yourself in your first post in this thread.

Man In Black - My opinion is; What do people aim to gain from repeatedly having a go at the new moderators/the board/the club in general with no sign of constructive critisism and instead attempting to insue a slagging match, which hasn't happened becasue the thread was quite rightfully deleted. Over the last few months OTIB has gone down hill steadily thanks to comments (more recently) such as "We haven't signed Hayter, the board have no ambition" and other utter crap just there to antagonise people. This is another example of the rubbish that is becoming commonplace on this forum nowadays.

You quoted it yourself in your first post in this thread.

In defence of pub3000, I think that this was only sent to him after he posted the soon to be removed thread.

This post is then him (admittedly) violating that rule but questioning the censorship.

Like I say, 'think' because I haven't seen the PMs.

Man In Black - My opinion is; What do people aim to gain from repeatedly having a go at the new moderators/the board/the club in general with no sign of constructive critisism and instead attempting to insue a slagging match, which hasn't happened becasue the thread was quite rightfully deleted. Over the last few months OTIB has gone down hill steadily thanks to comments (more recently) such as "We haven't signed Hayter, the board have no ambition" and other utter crap just there to antagonise people. This is another example of the rubbish that is becoming commonplace on this forum nowadays.

Right, that's a bit more like it, now we can talk properly.

You see, I'm different to you because I don't see a problem with questioning a rule on the main board. More than likely most of the other users will shoot the poster down anyway, so moderation is unnecessary.

I feel that if the mods start removing posts willy-nilly in the future it will be seen as censorship by the ST because:

1) this board, whilst supposedly 'independent', is under the wing of the ST now

2) the mods are from the ST

Whilst I'm sure that censorship of anyone with an opposing view doesn't occur at the ST meetings, people outside the organisation could very quickly get that view if they see heavy-handed modding on this forum.

As for constructive criticism, posting about the application of a rule is constructive. Just remember some people do not have the ability to post a question without it sounding like a minor dig. It's the 'are you looking at me?' culture.

Out of interest did you see the original post? I can't really recall any abuse towards the mods in it. So under what grounds was it 'rightfully removed'?

I took my adverts off and my posts remained, obey the rules and things will be fine.

I didnt realise it was a problem but when I was told I removed it. simple.

But are you against publicly questioning the rule? That for me is the issue.

I can see why they don't want adverts - they're talking about in the future using banner ads to fund the forum. Fair enough.

But what worries me is that if you dare question a rule or the actions of a mod then the post will be removed, and you are possibly likely to be banned

Out of interest did you see the original post? I can't really recall any abuse towards the mods in it. So under what grounds was it 'rightfully removed'?

I thought there was abuse in the first thread but I'll take your word for it :blush:

my complaint was that i was being singled out it appears i am not so i have removed my sig however do you not think that the mods should atleast show the way by this i mean in the big" forum distance" thread there are at least 2 mods who have links to other sites as thier sig and endless others advertising IT solotions, x box games,music downloads and god know what else,###### my site dosent even charge so I'm making no money at all from it

so come on mods remove your sigs

or mine will be back and to hell with the consequences i will not stand for one rule for one and one for another and neither will a lot of other people!!!!!!!!

the reason the first post was removed is because i copied and pasted jays PM into it which is apparantly against the rules as pm's are private so if that is the reason fair enough

my first post was like this

i had been asked by jay in a pm to remove my sig, i then wrote a thread stating that i will not rmove my sig untill these people did

gazareth xbox

YateRed it solutions

tom f football forum

gater2 allsorts of band etc

cider head forums

dave l scope

madger coke

Dorset_Cider music download site

+ cheshire_red alt city site

as you can see there are mods amongst them and i found this in just one thread.....

now if my first post was removed for inserting the contents of a pm then this one should stay but out of embarasment that thier own mods are guilty i suspect this wont last long either !!!!!

Archived