IGNORED

Tommy Doherty

Evy11_BCFC

Looking at Q.P.R's team sheet yesterday I noticed that Doherty was not in the 16. Now I don't know if if he was injured or suspended but knowing that Holloway has lost his job I was thinking that he may get released, as this often happens. He is a player that we have missed this season and someone that we have never replaced. He was the most talented player I have seen down the gate for a long time and he was forced out of the club. If he did have an attitude or drink problem then surely it is down to the club to help him out. I think it's time to get him back as he always stated his desire to return to Bristol City.

Looking at Q.P.R's team sheet yesterday I noticed that Doherty was not in the 16. Now I don't know if if he was injured or suspended but knowing that Holloway has lost his job I was thinking that he may get released, as this often happens. He is a player that we have missed this season and someone that we have never replaced. He was the most talented player I have seen down the gate for a long time and he was forced out of the club. If he did have an attitude or drink problem then surely it is down to the club to help him out. I think it's time to get him back as he always stated his desire to return to Bristol City.

Injured or suspended. No.

I seen him in a betting shop in bedminster, asked his position, fed up with the whole thing at QPR would luv a chance back here, but don't think the current members in charge would even consider it.

Still lives here, never got a place up that way, stays with a player the night before if he,s in the squad, but with Holloway gone, chances very slim, the italian chairman not to keen on as well i think....

why should we and the club help him out.

he is a waste of space and needs to sort himself out.

he has wasted his talent.on his day he can be a very good player

but has gone of the rails by being not fit, suspended,getting sent off,

getting into trouble while out in bristol and not playing consistent

enough.

don't want another x player here as previous ones haven't done any

better.

I heard from a reliable source that Tommy didn't get on with Holloway and was sent to train with the Kids instead of the first team. Holloway was annoyed that Tommy would be out on the lash in Bristol 2-3 times a week so he was also dropped. Tommy told this source that he hated it at QPR and was only there for the money. Now Holloway has gone I don't see anyway back for Tommy and would definately not want the waster back here!

enough.

better.

What about Murray?

What about Murray?

he is donig better than he was.it has taken him along time

to get back to some form.

murray left because he scored 26 goals and that is why reading

took a chance on him and paid money for him.he left because of

his form on the pitch.ok he may not of wanted to go but his

agent persuaded him and it was a chance of high team football.

also murray doesn't come with a lot of baggage ( not as far as we know )

tommy was trouble on and off the pitch.he was disrupting the team and

missing too many games for one reason or another.

he is donig better than he was.it has taken him along time

to get back to some form.

murray left because he scored 26 goals and that is why reading

took a chance on him and paid money for him.he left because of

his form on the pitch.ok he may not of wanted to go but his

agent persuaded him and it was a chance of high team football.

also murray doesn't come with a lot of baggage ( not as far as we know )

tommy was trouble on and off the pitch.he was disrupting the team and

missing too many games for one reason or another.

Poor sat thou Colin.............

Poor sat thou Colin.............

yes the game was poor , but we have had a settled

side for a while but had to make some changes.

LC and CW suspended.

it was good to hear the honesty of bradley orr that

the players didn't play well.we knew that and they

knew it but we will stay up.

it will be tight but can get out of it.

keep the faith.

I'd take Docs back in a second but on loan and a VERY short leash. He comes works hard, lays off the fags and booze, plays how we all know he is capable of, then bring him in today.

But the first time he messes up cancel the loan and send him back.

I loved how Docs played here but I got tired of all the crap (baggage). If we can get the former without the latter we'd be a fool not to take him back.

enough.

better.

:laugh:, your funny. Do you not realise our current team need a player like Doc? I have seen more bite in a fish than in our team.

Noble and Russel are good, but scared to go in where it hurts.

He only left becasue he didn't get on with Tinns. He loves BCFC like one of us and IMO fit or not, he put in tackles and effort and always got a rating of 7 or above from me.

Get him back, get our bite back.

Doherty is the exact opposite of the type of player that Johnson wants. Lazy, unfit and a questionable attitude, all of which were hated by most people when he was here, and this is the very state of mind that Johnson is trying to rid the club of.

As long as Johnson is here, there is no chance of the Doc coming back, and rightly so in my opinion.

:laugh:, your funny. Do you not realise our current team need a player like Doc? I have seen more bite in a fish than in our team.

Noble and Russel are good, but scared to go in where it hurts.

He only left becasue he didn't get on with Tinns. He loves BCFC like one of us and IMO fit or not, he put in tackles and effort and always got a rating of 7 or above from me.

Get him back, get our bite back.

if TD loves bristol city then why did he leave?

he should of said to himself , i must sort myself out.

stay off the booze and fags. get fit and play well so the

manager can't keep me out.i show all of them that i love

this club, but he didn't , did he.he has only himself to blame

nobody else.any manager would love his bite in midfield

but not his baggage.even IH ( qpr ) was starting to get sick

and tired of him.

enough.

better.

When has doc been in trouble then? Have you seen this with your own eyes or is it another case of my mates, sisters, brother saw doc in town and..............????

I seen him in a betting shop in bedminster,

Would that be on his way from the chippy to the pub, or the other way round?

A sad waste of a talent, but all the skill in the world counts for nothing with a bad attitude and a poor lifestyle. I said when he left for QPR that Holloway was his last chance of redemption, and if he didn't sort himself out then his career as a footballer was effectively finished.

On a personal level I feel sorry for Tommy, but any manager would be mad to take him back.

Guest bathofcider

Centre mid with Noble, Russell, Brown and Skuse is the one area of the team i'm actually happy with.

I think that since Russell & Noble have come into the side we as a Team look better.

However-

The four mentioned are not fit to polish Tommys boots!

If Tommy was playing against them - They wouldn't get a look in.

Brown Not half the player Tommy IS!

Skuse Never going to be a midfield force-far too lightweight ( Matt Hewlett comes to mind ) .

Tommy should have never left City, Another consequence from Tinnions Awful spell in charge!

He didn't care enough about himself, his career or our club to keep himself fit.

That's the bottom line for me with Tommy.

I agree out of the players i mentioned he's by far the best. But being the best is nothing if you can't produce it due to his sub standard attitude and fitness levels.

Few rose tinted specs here. Tommy was an excellent player, but in his last season with us, he was pretty ordinary to say the least. Personally, I thought it was right for both Club and player when he left. Clearly it has not worked out at QPR. The point is, would TD ad anything to our squad if he came back? And what terms would he accept, as I doubt that we would want to match his current contract. The ideal solution is to take him on loan, initially for a Month, with a permanent contract on offer if he does the business. Mind you, much would depend on GJ, and if Tommy fits his strict criteria.

Doherty is the exact opposite of the type of player that Johnson wants. Lazy, unfit and a questionable attitude, all of which were hated by most people when he was here, and this is the very state of mind that Johnson is trying to rid the club of.

As long as Johnson is here, there is no chance of the Doc coming back, and rightly so in my opinion.

Spot on.City are well rid of Doherty.Long may it remain so.

The above has still not been answered - if you going to state this can you back it up?

Personally i have seen him a number of times over the years out and about on the club scene, he was also a nice down to earth lad, but do remember years ago when he was in his late teens he was involved in a few scraps in what used to be the Works.

Personally highlight though was last season when he got subbed in a game with about 15mins to go, left the ground walked around to the tobacco factory and within 10mins of us getting there in he walked sat down with his mates with a pint and a fag! nothing like a good warm down heh!

Archived