IGNORED

Brentford V Qpr

22A

It was reported in the press today, Hundreds of QPR fans gained sponsorship and walked the six miles to Brentford. This money is to pay the £50,000 fee of their most recent signing.

Does this mean QPR are harder up than they care to admit? :P They'd better not go up as they would not be able to afford higher salaries etc and would slide straight back down. This would upset their fans even more than not going up at all.

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

Skint ,years of bad money management a 12000+ fans who keep turning up whatever the club does in whatever division.

We will attract more cash if we go up but may spend it on a carthorse #

but thats football no logic only love :D:D:D:D

if (hopefully WHEN) we go up, we will be in little better condition cash wise then QPR. we are losing money anyway and already have the wage bill and structure of a Div one team.

We will have more coming in, but a lot more going out in wages etc.

We appear to have a sensible board who are supportive, but unless they say something different, I cannot see the rush of signings we got after the last promo. I think it will be the current players (who will all demand an increase) with a one or two low level signings.

possibly leading to the yo-yo position that is being hotly debated.

if (hopefully WHEN) we go up, we will be in little better condition cash wise then QPR. we are losing money anyway and already have the wage bill and structure of a Div one team.

We will have more coming in, but a lot more going out in wages etc.

We appear to have a sensible board who are supportive, but unless they say something different, I cannot see the rush of signings we got after the last promo. I think it will be the current players (who will all demand an increase) with a one or two low level signings.

possibly leading to the yo-yo position that is being hotly debated.

There will be a massive clear out and anyone expecting salary increases for playing in Division 1 will be "on their bike". Footballers outside of the top few clubs know they are going to have to accept cut back deals or join their many former colleagues on the rock and roll.

we are losing money anyway and already have the wage bill and structure of a Div one team.
Do we have the wage bill and structure of a Division One club? I was under the belief that our younger players are on sensible contracts and we've managed to bring our wage bill down considerably.

I may be wrong but I believe the club has already stated publicly that any pay rises for going up will be matched by clauses which insure against relegation by reducing the salary again if the club go down. That's what got us last time - paying Div One wages to Div Two players playing in front of Div 2 gates.

We are still not in good financial shape, though we are in a mich better shape than two or three years ago. But I think we'll be in a better position than QPR to stay up if we go up, PROVIDED we manage to keep our players. It does worry me how many contracts are up for renewal this summer.

Archived