IGNORED

Phillips, Best In The Division?

Flounder

It seems that we have the best keeper in the division playing for us.........

The Sun, Supergoals p8

On keeping another clean sheet at Peterborough Phillips said.

"I look at the division two goalkeeper ratings - The saves per goal ratio - and I'm top. That's pleasing"

"It's Something like 5.4 saves per goal and I'll take that. Strikers always want to be top of their charts - and it's the same for keepers"

It was in The Sun, so it must be true!

PS I'm new, so be kind!

On his day he's the best in my opinion. My mate (QPR fan) would disagree saying that their Chris Day was, but he's not been on top form this year, and I can't think of many other 2nd div keepers who would challange him. We don't have the best defensive record in the league for no reason.

Unfortunately you can still see some aspects of his game which need improvement (hence the nickname 'flapper'), btu he's relatively young (for a keeper) and should have a great future ahead of him, hopefully with us.

No, I'm not his Dad either :D . I just found his statement interesting, especally after reading some of the many Anti Phillips postings here.

Would he get the same stick if he was the leagues top scorer? Just look at the status of Sir Bob of Taylor amungst us city fans.

Goal-keeping is a lonely position, You can't hide behind your team mates when things go wrong,

so I think we should say all credit to him when thing are going well.

Phillips is twice the keeper he was 3 seasons ago.He's learnt from experience and his much improved kicking is a great example of that, but he's still only a good second Division 'keeper at the moment.

He's still not the complete article but if he improves at the same rate for another 2 seasons he could become a target for a Premiership outfit.

It was in The Sun, so it must be true!
If you had BCFC World you would of known that before as the interview is on the radio section.

Back to the point, fair play to Steve and to the the rest of the team for conceding so little amount of goals to get us in a more advanced position compared to last year where city were scoring loads but conceded many aswell.

Keep it up for the rest of the season lads!

Archived