IGNORED

Tinman

Ben4BCFC

Personally, and I know there are people who would disgree, I think that calling BT's reign disastrous is a little harsh.

He does seem dismissive of Millen in this article but I think that probably (and I am surmising only here) reflects a disappointment in the fact that he was unable to land an experienced assistant. I don't know why he didn't/couldn't but he would have probably done better with one. I think perhaps he was close but then had quite a good spell and it became a less urgent issue.

I maintain than Tins had the right idea and that all GJ is doing is continuing his work but with more experience.

Tins, cheers for the intentions, cheers for the good football at times, cheers for some good memories and cheers for starting to try and stop the drinking culture that had set in. I am as disappointed as you that you aren't still in the job now leading a promotion charge but I wish you all the best in the future.

Interesting to note someone called John Murphy has replied half way down the page relating to Simon Grayson's appointment at Blackpool. Wonder if its the John Murphy (as in the Blackpool striker John Murphy). Suppose it could just be some Blackpool fan pretending to be him.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Bimey Cary your on form smornig.....cant sleep?

Cary eveywhere :crying:

Gert ready fer me irn Brizzol later!!.

Just scraping the snow off of my car, phoning the car dealer about a sensor light, and if A/Ok, i'm setting off to the Land of the Midday Cider!!.

:yawn::farmer::city:;):shifty:

Personally, and I know there are people who would disgree, I think that calling BT's reign disastrous is a little harsh.

He does seem dismissive of Millen in this article but I think that probably (and I am surmising only here) reflects a disappointment in the fact that he was unable to land an experienced assistant. I don't know why he didn't/couldn't but he would have probably done better with one. I think perhaps he was close but then had quite a good spell and it became a less urgent issue.

I maintain than Tins had the right idea and that all GJ is doing is continuing his work but with more experience.

Tins, cheers for the intentions, cheers for the good football at times, cheers for some good memories and cheers for starting to try and stop the drinking culture that had set in. I am as disappointed as you that you aren't still in the job now leading a promotion charge but I wish you all the best in the future.

What else would you call it Luke? Signs were there last season of the Swampsea caning. Had he been patieent and learned from others first, he COULD have been one of the great city managers, but he didnt, and he aint. One good idea, lost in the swirl of drifting mediocrity don't make a good manager.

No, not disastrous, just catastrophic, if he had let his head rule his heart and have turned down the job he would have done us and himself a favour. He should have had the courage to have said I.'m not ready yet, but his ego got the better of him.

Guest ashtonunited

No, not disastrous, just catastrophic, if he had let his head rule his heart and have turned down the job he would have done us and himself a favour. He should have had the courage to have said I.'m not ready yet, but his ego got the better of him.

True but at the end of the day he was a city fan like the rest of us. How many of us would of been able to turn it down? I know I couldn't if I was in his position.

:englandsmile4wf:

Everyone seems to agree that he couldn't cut it as manager at that time. He made some good decisions (Brooker, Russell) and some not so good (Grant Smith, Partridge etc.)

As far as I'm concerned he will always be a ledge. Great 'servant' etc...etc...and I'm sure that he has a great deal to offer in some capacity, albeit maybe not a managerial one. :city:

Archived