IGNORED

A Message To The Hooligans Who

the TWENTY or so who arrived in dark outfits and wore no colours (City or Forest) at 250pm

at the away end,thankfully there were no queueing forest fans(most were inside by that time)

to have a pop at.

Just keep away from Ashton, if you wanna have a punch-up, have a punch-up between

yourselves and don't involve those who enjoy the beautifull game

the TWENTY or so who arrived in dark outfits and wore no colours (City or Forest) at 250pm

at the away end,thankfully there were no queueing forest fans(most were inside by that time)

to have a pop at.

Just keep away from Ashton, if you wanna have a punch-up, have a punch-up between

Sure they weren't the new Stewards? ;)

to have a pop at.

Looked like the black army was visting up North Street perhaps they all thought City were actually playing Millwall. :whistle:

if they want to fight then why not arrange to meet like minded people well away from the ground rather than doing it infront of people who just want to watch the game, or even worse picking on those not looking for trouble.

don't understand their comments about us being quiet. the G block of the dolman didnt shut up all game.

Sat in the Williams opposite G block and could hardly hear you i'm afraid. It's a shame cos g block make an effort but the rest of the ground doesn't. I guess that's what you get when you only give offers to families and kids.

There was no offers for kid and family for this game, so really ashton gate is just crap for atmosphere when there is not a lot to play for. We need a home end!!!

To be fair if the lads at the gate have got the holligan threat down to as little as 20 thugs per game I think they're doing a good job. My mate supports Man City and comes in every week talking about the 'hundreds' of fighters they had at suchandsuch a place.

Sat in the Williams opposite G block and could hardly hear you i'm afraid. It's a shame cos g block make an effort but the rest of the ground doesn't. I guess that's what you get when you only give offers to families and kids.

Been discussing the acoustics in the ground on the subbers site; the open corners and high roofs must have a major impact on stopping the sound from travelling around the ground. More here for those registered on there and interested.

Feel free to join in! :)

http://www.subcider.co.uk/subb/index.php?showtopic=2493

to have a pop at.

Top post.

Apparently there were a similar number of so-called 'Rovers' thugs on the way to Oxford. When the game got called off they decided to smash up a pub in Swindon.

Pathetic.

nothing wrong with a little slap as a welcome.i've had it done to me when i went to qpr.got a slap of about 15 of their younger boys like 15-20year olds i was with 4mates.we gave a little go of it but then we got over turned so just ran to the ground we just took it as a welcome.

Top post.

Apparently there were a similar number of so-called 'Rovers' thugs on the way to Oxford. When the game got called off they decided to smash up a pub in Swindon.

Pathetic.

I saw the pub on the weekend (the one opposite the station, not the GW, the other one) and it was completely smashed up, chairs through windows, bottles and glasses smashed all down the street. Apparently 100 people were involved in the 'fracas'.

Dirty Gasheads.

I saw the pub on the weekend (the one opposite the station, not the GW, the other one) and it was completely smashed up, chairs through windows, bottles and glasses smashed all down the street. Apparently 100 people were involved in the 'fracas'.

Dirty Gasheads.

Don't call them Gasheads mate, they are nothing to do with my club, certainly don't support rovers (despite what they might think) and use football as an excuse to fight.

Just like the 20 or so muppets at your place on sat arent really city supporters; people who support the club don't try to hurt innocent people at the club, or anywhere for that matter.

nothing wrong with a little slap as a welcome.i've had it done to me when i went to qpr.got a slap of about 15 of their younger boys like 15-20year olds i was with 4mates.we gave a little go of it but then we got over turned so just ran to the ground we just took it as a welcome.

It scares me that some people actually think like this

Yes, kids, there really still are dinosaurs like this out there...

You really do wonder what planet people like this on. I mean, is it because of the upbringing - alcohol from birth will surely damage your brain cells irrepairably - or is it the inbreeding?! It surely can't help if your dad and your uncle are one and the same, can it?

Ignore the argument that says 'hooligans can still be football fans'. It's BS. Idiots like this, and the ones who apparently turned up on Saturday for the Forest match, are just in it for themselves. They fight because they enjoy it, not because of some sort of misguided pride. And quite honestly if they're sick enough to enjoy smashing someone's face in, they really need help.

I find it embrassing that people with this type of mentality actually going to Ashton Gate, type of people our club could do without.

Still we were all kids once I suppose, unfortunately modern day children are getting stupider by the generation and actually think that this behavour is acceptable in modern day society

I find it embrassing that people with this type of mentality actually going to Ashton Gate, type of people our club could do without.

Still we were all kids once I suppose, unfortunately modern day children are getting stupider by the generation and actually think that this behavour is acceptable in modern day society

Do you know, Socrates once said pretty much the same thing - about 2,500 years ago! Everyone says the same thing about next generation not being as intelligent or as well behaved or whatever as when they were young. But it's not true. Are we more stupid than 2,500 years ago? I doubt it.

So don't blame the kids, bh_red! It's not always their fault. Often they just need a little help and guidance.

Their parents, on the other hand, are complete #######.

Don't call them Gasheads mate, they are nothing to do with my club, certainly don't support rovers (despite what they might think) and use football as an excuse to fight.

Just like the 20 or so muppets at your place on sat arent really city supporters; people who support the club don't try to hurt innocent people at the club, or anywhere for that matter.

Why do you think that hooligans aren't supporters? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning their behaviour, but having read a lot about this subject & knowing a few ex-hoolies myself I am pretty confident that most football hooligans are passionate about their respective clubs.

Why do you think that hooligans aren't supporters? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning their behaviour, but having read a lot about this subject & knowing a few ex-hoolies myself I am pretty confident that most football hooligans are passionate about their respective clubs.

Nothing to do with passion for the club and these people could quite easily be supporters for all I know. It's just that, boxing aside, fighting for recreation or fighting to defend the 'honour of the club' seems to me to be just about the least intelligent, most idiotic thing there could possibly be.

This also goes for people nostalgiacally glorifying the hooligan exploits of their youth, as seems to happen from time to time on here.

Violence is merely a last resort for the stupid, nothing more or less.

"nothing wrong with a little slap as a welcome"

Excuse my ignorance but isn't a "little slap" painful, immoral, illegal and just plain childish? That's four things wrong with a "little slap".

Wouldn't these people be better off welcoming you with open-arms, an offer of a drink, a bit of banter or a sing-song?

• Admin

to have a pop at.

Curious thing is how do you know they were "hooligans"?, surely stereotyping them just because of the way that they dressed is a bit out dated !

Unless of course you saw them fighting then that is a different story.

It was not that long a go anyone wearing burbery etc was deemed a hooligan, look at the numbers that wear that nowadays. :dunno:

Is this an attempt to show off? I can see no other logical reason why you would post such utter sadness.

Tell me, what would happen if the "real" hooligans see this little slap and take it upon themselves to join in with bottles, knives and what ever else those sad weedy c**** carry around with them to make themselves "hard"?

As far as I'm concerned there is NO place for ANY form of violence at football grounds, FULL ######** STOP.

Whether it,s a little slap or not, there are little kids at football matches and knowone should have to see it, and like i said the chances are there for any violence to esculate.

END OF.

Any passion they have for a club is kind of undone in my mind by their beating the crap out o0f people and claiming they did it in the name of the club.

Any passion they have for a club is kind of undone in my mind by their beating the crap out o0f people and claiming they did it in the name of the club.

I quite agree, but the point I was making is that to say that all hooligans are not football supporters is nonsense.

I quite agree, but the point I was making is that to say that all hooligans are not football supporters is nonsense.

I'm sure they think of themselves as supporters.

I'd argue that being involved in football violence does the club more harm than their "support" does good, and therefore even though they don't realise it, they're not actually supporting, they're a hinderance at best and a scourge at worst.

Nibor

I'd argue that being involved in football violence does the club more harm than their "support" does good, and therefore even though they don't realise it, they're not actually supporting, they're a hinderance at best and a scourge at worst.

Nibor

Thats what I meant, you articulate man!

to support:

To aid the cause, policy, or interests of:

In such case a football club, how does a hooligan aid the "cause", "policy" or "interests" of Bristol City Fc, or indeed ANY other club?

I suggest such people may be passionate (in a twisted way) about the club, and/or interested in football, but in my view they certainly do NOT support the game in any way, they only destabalise it and bring shame to it. If you supported something you would not do your very best, or worst to bring it down and cause trouble for it, i.e get your club a 2 point penalty etc for failure to control the crowd or be responcible for games of football to be played behind closed doors and so forth.

Nibor

to support:

To aid the cause, policy, or interests of:

In such case a football club, how does a hooligan aid the "cause", "policy" or "interests" of Bristol City Fc, or indeed ANY other club?

I suggest such people may be passionate (in a twisted way) about the club, and/or interested in football, but in my view they certainly do NOT support the game in any way, they only destabalise it and bring shame to it. If you supported something you would not do your very best, or worst to bring it down and cause trouble for it, i.e get your club a 2 point penalty etc for failure to control the crowd.

Right - let's clear this up. What I am saying is that hooligans can also be football fans and support the club. Please don't quote any more dictionary definitions. When I say support I mean go to the game, pay the entrance fee & shout "come on you reds etc".

Again, I am not condoning hooliganism in any way, shape or form, just pointing out that to say that hooligans are not football fans/supporters etc is utter rubbish. Most of these idiots love the club as much as you or me, they just happen to be brain dead enough to get a buzz out of fighting.

When I say support I mean go to the game, pay the entrance fee & shout "come on you reds etc".

Fair enough, yes that would be supporting the club, BUT when it changes to:

go to the game, pay the entrance fee & shout "come on you reds etc", and then get in a fight with away supporters or smash up a near by pub and get BCFC charged in some capacity, i don't believe that counts as support any longer. Say one hundred hooligans pay 20 quid each but then their actions lead to a F.A fine, the fine totally outweighs thier entrance fee,s (no longer support), do you see what i,m getting at?

I don't believe they support football or the club in any of the positive ways, and therefore is that supporting?

I think not, but we all have our own views and opinions.

I know what you are saying and i guess it could be said that they support the club, but do not "support" the club, if you see what i mean.

As for getting a buzz out of fighting, join a boxing club, arr but that is one on one and with only fists, no gangs, no bottles and they,d probably shite themselves.

Archived