IGNORED

All White Away Kit 2006-7

Martyn Hocking

A quick question for you guys and gals - would you be happy to see City play in an all-white away kit next season (apart from at Tranmere obviously!)?

I am going to send the idea to the club and thought it might get looked at a bit more closely if a few people on here had given it a thumbs up (or down!), so please leave positive or negative feedback here.

Why an all-white away kit?

1. It looks very classy - even when Real Madrid are playing poorly, they look like gods in their all-white strip.

2. It makes the players look bigger/more athletic - this may sound daft but was an observation by Mark Lawrenson earlier this week who said whenever he was standing in the tunnel waiting to go out to play against teams like Leeds in white he always thought 'blimey they look big!' Imagine a 'super-size' Heywood or Brooker glaring at the opposition before kick-off - an intimidating prospect!

3. It's a colour all fans would be comfortable wearing as a leisure shirt - not something you could say about a bright red number!

4. It's a World Cup year and England are going to be playing in white - think back to the rugby world cup and how good England looked winning that in white. If our footie boys get anywhere near the final the patriotic buzz and number of people wearing white kit in pubs etc will be massive. City aren't exactly England but they would pick up a bit of the feel-good factor come the start of the new season.

5. It's got novelty value for fans who already have a wardrobe full of red stuff - hence more sales in the club shop.

6. Better option for parents to buy kids - white stuff is easier to wash with the rest of their stuff than red and it should last a bit longer before fading/looking scruffy!!

I know people are going to say 'we play in red', but in fact club colours are red and white - hence 'red and white nights' so white is an integral part of our image. Might be rather cool in fact if the home kit was all red and the away kit all white, but that's another story.

Anyway, can you leave feedback here - whether you like or hate it - so I can get an idea if people like the concept before I write to the club? Makes more sense to get our views heard early than wait until the club designs something we hate and then having a big moan about it!

Cheers

Well_Red

Whenever I wear white t-shirts they bring my tan out nicely as well.

Anything is better than this seasons abysmal 'gold', I also wouldn't be adverse to a black away shirt which in my opinion was the best in recent memory.

I'd vote white though, yeh why not.

I certainly prefer white to yellow as the away colour, regardless of the shade of yellow.

I'd like to see us return to our traditional away kit of white shirt and black shorts, which we wore when we were last in the top flight.

A quick question for you guys and gals - would you be happy to see City play in an all-white away kit next season (apart from at Tranmere obviously!)?

I am going to send the idea to the club and thought it might get looked at a bit more closely if a few people on here had given it a thumbs up (or down!), so please leave positive or negative feedback here.

1. It looks very classy - even when Real Madrid are playing poorly, they look like gods in their all-white strip.

2. It makes the players look bigger/more athletic - this may sound daft but was an observation by Mark Lawrenson earlier this week who said whenever he was standing in the tunnel waiting to go out to play against teams like Leeds in white he always thought 'blimey they look big!' Imagine a 'super-size' Heywood or Brooker glaring at the opposition before kick-off - an intimidating prospect!

3. It's a colour all fans would be comfortable wearing as a leisure shirt - not something you could say about a bright red number!

4. It's a World Cup year and England are going to be playing in white - think back to the rugby world cup and how good England looked winning that in white. If our footie boys get anywhere near the final the patriotic buzz and number of people wearing white kit in pubs etc will be massive. City aren't exactly England but they would pick up a bit of the feel-good factor come the start of the new season.

5. It's got novelty value for fans who already have a wardrobe full of red stuff - hence more sales in the club shop.

6. Better option for parents to buy kids - white stuff is easier to wash with the rest of their stuff than red and it should last a bit longer before fading/looking scruffy!!

I know people are going to say 'we play in red', but in fact club colours are red and white - hence 'red and white nights' so white is an integral part of our image. Might be rather cool in fact if the home kit was all red and the away kit all white, but that's another story.

Anyway, can you leave feedback here - whether you like or hate it - so I can get an idea if people like the concept before I write to the club? Makes more sense to get our views heard early than wait until the club designs something we hate and then having a big moan about it!

Cheers

Well_Red

Couldn't agree more, I thought Brentford looked a bigger brighter team in their all white strip.

It has to be a bright colour for me.

The design & colour has already been done & we should get to see it within a few weeks.

I understand that the away shirt is looking to be ready by the last game of the season!

:pray:

Cheers

Well_Red

We'd need to be sponsored by Ariel Persil or Daz as our kits wouldn't stay white for long :whistle:

White shirt, black shorts for me...............................................

I also think we should go back to Red Shirts, White Shorts at home.................................?

tottally agreed. Along with our badge being the Robin and suspension bridge and our home end being the East End.

BRING BACK BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

Very good arguments put forward there. The only thing I would change is the shorts. Personally I believe City should go back to red shirts, red socks & white shorts for the home kit & white shirts, white socks & black shorts for the away kit.

These are City's traditional colours & I see no reason why we shouldn't play in these every season with just slight adjustments.

If it aint broke don't fix it and all that.

Every time my missus sees City on the TV in the gold kit she does a double take because she thinks they're naked!

Very good arguments put forward there. The only thing I would change is the shorts. Personally I believe City should go back to red shirts, red socks & white shorts for the home kit & white shirts, white socks & black shorts for the away kit.

These are City's traditional colours & I see no reason why we shouldn't play in these every season with just slight adjustments.

Agreed on the colours, but not on the adjustments: I wish (but don't expect) that we could get a classic plain design and stick with it: it is a football kit not a fashion statement, and all of the tweaks, flashes, etc etc p1ss me right off.

I'd like to see us return to our traditional away kit of white shirt and black shorts, which we wore when we were last in the top flight.

Yes please. In addition I'd like to see us change from red ONLY when there's a definite clash with the home team. The change strip became the away strip just to try and make more money out of the supporters.

I'd support it, but you have to consider the following:

You need a decent third kit-I'd suggest all black or all yellow for when you play someone like Brentford in Red/White stripes.

Tranmere's no probs just go all Red.

3rd strip-All Purple...................

Guest revkev

City wore all white away in the sixties and early seventies.

Return to red shirts and white shorts at home, with white shirts and red shorts away (we'd look like the awesome 70's Poland team, some would argue we have a "clown" keeper already)

Personally I believe City should go back to red shirts, red socks & white shorts for the home kit & white shirts, white socks & black shorts for the away kit.

Agree.

Agreed on the colours, but not on the adjustments: I wish (but don't expect) that we could get a classic plain design and stick with it: it is a football kit not a fashion statement, and all of the tweaks, flashes, etc etc p1ss me right off.

Agree with all of this. My favourite football kit is probably the England 1966-style plain white home shirt and plain red World Cup-winning away shirt.

Something similar would work great for City, with just the unfortunate but necessary concession of a sponsor's logo on the front.

well_red, you had me sold on the idea by your 2nd point, yes please to Supersize Heywood! :wub:

Seriously, red shirts white shorts for home, white shirts black shorts away. Keep the design simple too, no funny collars and badge to the side not centred.

Home: Red shirts, white shorts, red socks please.

Away: White shirts, black shorts, white socks please.

3rd kit for use v Brentford and the like: Crazy mauve, turtle green hoops, deep purple flashes and sunflower yellow starred shirts, shock orange shorts & manky flesh coloured socks. :laugh:

Well, we've worn worse.

Not sure about away colours.

But I think its a goer for white shorts next season

:englandsmile4wf:

Guest revkev

An element of red would be good to add to the white, such as a diagonal stripey thing like River Plate have:

IPB Image

This goes well both with white or black shorts.

I like this!!

:Sleep12: Really don't care what colour the away or third choice kit is - could be boiler suits and daps provided the team perform. Maybe sack cloth and ashes should be in there somewhere, too, just in case .... It is just a pity that choice of shirts generates so much hot air. Does it really matter?

Swampy - boring and predictable posts since the Dark Ages.

Id like to see a white away kit, always looked good with the black shorts.

As for the badge, would the club consider the current badge on the home shirt, with the classic Robin and Bridge on the away kit, that would go down a treat with a great number of fans, myself included.

OK folks, I've trawled through my scrap book and found the EP page from February 1994 where the club showed various designs and the (then) directors asked us fans to choose the next City strips for both home & away. They even declared the strip would remain unchanged for two years.

Four of the designs were red shirts with white shorts, but with differences such as white or black collars and/or white shoulder stripes. Some had red socks with white tops and others white with red tops. The most startling was red & white quarters :crying: !

The three away strips all had black shorts with the shirt being either 1. narrow green & black stripes, 2. broad black & white stripes or 3. a multi coloured abstract design. Looks a bit like someone after a game of paintballing. (How do you get a scarf in those colours?).

Only one drawback to allowing a public vote; Posh did that a few years ago and even asked for designs to be submitted by fans. Northampton and Cambridge fans all voted for the most hideous design. That was by a 5 year old and looked it. The away strip was silver with gold lightning flashes all over it!

Archived