IGNORED

All White Away Kit 2006-7

Martyn Hocking

A quick note to say 'thanks' to everyone who responded to this post. I have written to Steve L today suggesting he look at an all-white or white shirt/black shorts away kit for 2006-7 before the final decision is made.

I included lots of your quotes in the letter so hopefully he got the message that we would like a change from the horrible gold/ yellow stuff. I'll let you know what his response is when I hear back from Steve.

Cheers

Martyn (Well_Red)

A quick question for you guys and gals - would you be happy to see City play in an all-white away kit next season (apart from at Tranmere obviously!)?

I am going to send the idea to the club and thought it might get looked at a bit more closely if a few people on here had given it a thumbs up (or down!), so please leave positive or negative feedback here.

i Think its probably a bit too late?!

Whether the club has already maybe chosen white is a different matter,

but if you think putting ideas up for a kit next season will be looked at. i think you'll be mistaken.

the kits for next season should already have been chosen.

they make the kit then the kit stays in boxes a plenty and then when the club agrees on sponsors it comes out of the boxes gets embroidered/pressed on the kit then hey presto its your kit.

if we're thinking we're going with someone like puma or errea they have many many other clubs to make kit for so the production for the kits starts a.s.a.p

I've done some more scrap book trawling. After losing 4-1 at Stoke in the 1973 Watney Cup whilst wearing yellow, the club announced "City will never wear yellow again". I wish the club had decided instead never to lose to Stoke again!

I'd support it, but you have to consider the following:

You need a decent third kit-I'd suggest all black or all yellow for when you play someone like Brentford in Red/White stripes.

Tranmere's no probs just go all Red.

Spurs have 3 basic kits, like last year i think it was:

Home: white shirts, blue shorts, white socks.

Away: All yellow.

3rd: All blue/purple (was one or the other colours).

We should do that, if they were all 3 good, plain and traditional kits, I would definately buy them ALL!

Well done to Well_Red for the selling prospects and ideas of the kit!

Id like:

Home: All red or red shirt and white shorts.

Away: All White or White and black shorts.

3rd: Maybe black or stripes?!? As long as its not horrible, like sandy gold!!! :ph34r:

Archived