IGNORED

"all I Need Is To Know Is I Have A Chance"

mozo

Basso was poor again today and has to be blamed for the goal. I truly wish he'd do well, but I'd rather see Phillips between the sticks.

Basso was not poor today. He made one mistake and it cost us a goal. I've seen Paul Robinson make mistakes this season, Petr Cech, David James, Van der Saar and many more. There were also some misunderstandings with the back four but to be brutally honest unless you personally heard the calling yourself you have no more clue than I do whether the defenders were ignoring his shouts or whether the calls from Basso were late. All players make mistakes including Phillips. What Basso did do, which you clearly missed, was put his mistake behind him and make a really good save to deny Jevons dipping volley.

I would have thought things are plain and simple. When Basso costs us some points Phillips will get a chance and in pre-season all Phillips has to do to prove how much better a keeper he is supposed to be is simply play better than Basso!!

Basso was not poor today. He made one mistake and it cost us a goal. I've seen Paul Robinson make mistakes this season, Petr Cech, David James, Van der Saar and many more. There were also some misunderstandings with the back four but to be brutally honest unless you personally heard the calling yourself you have no more clue than I do whether the defenders were ignoring his shouts or whether the calls from Basso were late. All players make mistakes including Phillips. What Basso did do, which you clearly missed, was put his mistake behind him and make a really good save to deny Jevons dipping volley.

I would have thought things are plain and simple. When Basso costs us some points Phillips will get a chance and in pre-season all Phillips has to do to prove how much better a keeper he is supposed to be is simply play better than Basso!!

Good post. That was a very good save from Jevons.

I wonder if Yeovil fans are giving Collis a hard time tonight after his performance?

The same sort of "slight error" that Phillips was getting slated for.

If Phillips wants to earn his place back in the side perhaps he could start with gaining the respect of his fellow professionals, in the same way that Bradley Orr said Basso does.

Basso is a cult figure figure, his prowling cat style of saves and extravagant exercises coupled with a genuine commanding of his defence makes him a far better package for No1 Keeper than Phillips. Miaoow for the cat!!

How exactly has that been calculated? Have I got this right, he gets no credit for any outstanding work, but gets a negative for any alleged 'error'. I would suggest that you try watching Nationwide Highlights and see if you can find any keeper at our level who is perfect. Or does this scientific method of calculating stats only apply to Phillips? Come on tell me, what has Basso cost us this season?

Going back to the original point, Basso has improved, but I think Phillips is the steadier, safer Keeper and should be No 1. But it is a very close call.

Show me the fixtures for that season and I"ll show you 19 points dropped, i.e. 4 he let in at valley parade, were you at dean court, vale park etc. How many teams have offered him a contract?

Greebo, I don't recall stating that Basso is the only goalkeeper in the world to make mistakes! I'm not a fool, y'know.

I believe that Basso was poor against Rotherham, poor yesterday, and is not as good as the player on the bench. That's my opinion.

Jevons chance that I clearly missed? I was in the Atyeo and had a very good view of it thanks Greebo. You're clearly being impertinent. In my opinion, most keepers would have stopped that.

I think our defence would be tighter with Phillips in the team.

Show me the fixtures for that season and I"ll show you 19 points dropped

Look them up on Soccerbase, just blame Phillips for every goal that we concede, then you have your dubious stat. Sorry mate, you are just talking utter bo**ocks to try and prove a point, probably by judging 3rd Division keepers against a standard that not even Peter Cech could maintain. If he had been that bad, I think Wilson would have signed another keeper. Oh, and you have not done some similar scape-goating exercise for Basso I presume?

Look them up on Soccerbase, just blame Phillips for every goal that we concede, then you have your dubious stat. Sorry mate, you are just talking utter bo**ocks to try and prove a point, probably by judging 3rd Division keepers against a standard that not even Peter Cech could maintain. If he had been that bad, I think Wilson would have signed another keeper. Oh, and you have not done some similar scape-goating exercise for Basso I presume?

I"ll moan about Basso when he drops crosses or even worse stays rooted to his line as the ball flies past him then blames the nearest defender. Remind you of anyone? Bye the way how many clubs come in for Englands best keeper?

I"ll moan about Basso when he drops crosses or even worse stays rooted to his line as the ball flies past him then blames the nearest defender. Remind you of anyone? Bye the way how many clubs come in for Englands best keeper?

What about that goal he conceded against S****horpe is that nothing to moan about? Phillips has done a fair amount of howlers but so has Buffon, Cech 2 of the best keepers in the world, every keeper has its good days and bad days.

PFA DIVISION TWO TEAM

STEVE PHILLIPS

(Bristol City)

LOUIS CAREY GRAHAM COUGHLAN DANNY CULLIP GINO PADULA

(Bristol City) (Plymouth Argyle) (Brighton) (QPR)

CARLOS EDWARDS DAVID FRIIO BRIAN TINNION RICHARD WELLENS

(Wrexham) (Plymouth Argyle) (Bristol City) (Blackpool)

LEON KNIGHT SCOTT TAYLOR

(Brighton) (Blackpool)

PFA DIVISION TWO TEAM

STEVE PHILLIPS

(Bristol City)

LOUIS CAREY GRAHAM COUGHLAN DANNY CULLIP GINO PADULA

(Bristol City) (Plymouth Argyle) (Brighton) (QPR)

CARLOS EDWARDS DAVID FRIIO BRIAN TINNION RICHARD WELLENS

(Wrexham) (Plymouth Argyle) (Bristol City) (Blackpool)

LEON KNIGHT SCOTT TAYLOR

(Brighton) (Blackpool)

Yeah, it looks like Scott Taylor could be playing League 2 football next year as well.

:w00t:

Archived