IGNORED

East End

Guys (and Gal, sorry Dolly!), where would the away fans be seated if the East End was opened up to home fans (which it should be IMO, why give noisy away fans the best acoustics?!)?

In the Williams I should think, which was the plan if the stand redevelopment had gone ahead.

Lets please get everything right forthe next season,yesterday again showed howmuch nosie the Eastend gives to the ground,it only helps isthe simple message,and if season tickets were printed rhis would pay for the costs from the start say put a 300 limit on seasons tickets anything less then keep it closed,simply you need every advantage in this league to get promotion this is a big advantage at home

Lets please get everything right forthe next season,yesterday again showed howmuch nosie the Eastend gives to the ground,it only helps isthe simple message,and if season tickets were printed rhis would pay for the costs from the start say put a 300 limit on seasons tickets anything less then keep it closed,simply you need every advantage in this league to get promotion this is a big advantage at home

I reckon it could be a massive selling point to a certain disilusioned type.

I'd feel far more enthusiastic about pestering mate's to come.

It could give the whole Club a boost.

Damn straight WTF, and if marketed right it could be a sensible move financially. Plus, Ashton Gate gets an atmosphere that even yesterday was lacking at times.

If the eastens was reopened for home fans, what would stand in the way of a return to safe standing?

I know there was the Taylor report after the Hillsborough disaster, but was that just recomendations?

In germany soem football grounds, (hamburg or dortmund i think) have removable seating, that they install for the eurpoean games.

If a miricle occured put me at the top of the list/que for 3 tickets whatever the cost :o:dance::englandsmile4wf::city:

It united the singers before it could do it again :dunno: we`ll see :pray:

Noting glos boys comments on I would pay anything,if they charged the full price at say 20.00 per game with no discount,surely this would cover the cost from the beginning if we can get at least 300 sold if not keep it closed,with the extra students on pay on day more atmosphere easily pay for its self,and if need be for the only few games away have all the Eastend just transfer the 300 into the atyeo,dolman please mr lansdown re think on this and lets not throw any advantage away next season from the start

They could make it the smoking area as well if they like :dunno: another problem solved, :o no-one has to move out of a smoking area :o just into a empty one :dunno::dance:

Imagine the atmosphere on the forum after that game. More whinging at stewards for trying to uphold ground regulations. :Sleep12:

:doh: like they are/is now then :dunno:

Imagine the atmosphere on the forum after that game. More whinging at stewards for trying to uphold ground regulations. :Sleep12:

Not if it was safe standing, no away fans, wouldn't need many stewards, just at the entrance, The East was open for years and had a few police standing at the back, and a few along the front. Never much of a problem!

Not if it was safe standing, no away fans, wouldn't need many stewards, just at the entrance, The East was open for years and had a few police standing at the back, and a few along the front. Never much of a problem!

I know - If we could just go back to the good old days when the authorities just turned a blind eye to all of the problems in the game we'd be fine.

We should knock down the Atyeo stand and put the away fans on an open terrace, that would be progress too.

I bet all the young chavs are just wetting themselves with excitement at the thought of 'roughing-up' the East End fence.

I'd go just to see that... So Entertaining :*)

Just make it u16's are banned like it was before. Or up it to u18's are banned. But if the away fans' aint in there and are moved to the Williams then there wouldn't be a fence to climb.

I know - If we could just go back to the good old days when the authorities just turned a blind eye to all of the problems in the game we'd be fine.

We should knock down the Atyeo stand and put the away fans on an open terrace, that would be progress too.

What problems??some fans just don't have a clue. so what would you do with an empty end?

What problems??some fans just don't have a clue. so what would you do with an empty end?

Is that a personal question or are we still talking about Ashton Gate? :crying:

I'd like to think that City fans could go back to the EE, that safe terracing could be introduced to football grounds across the country and that hooliganism and violence would leave football for good.

What I am concerned about is that the same groups of people who want the EE back and those who want to stand all game get blurred, and to return to the EE with seats in place will not resolve any of the problems related to standing. It is the job of the officials at the club from the chairman down to the stewards to uphold regulations as per a safety certificate. The comment:

"Basically I think the mob in G Block of the Dolman are causing too much unrest on matchdays, and the club have given up trying to make them behave, and are opening the East End."

is the worst example of this. The only way the club will give up on 'making people behave' will be to admit defeat and ban them in large numbers.

I think it's the authoreties that need to review their policies.

I'm not naive enough to believe that the 'good old days' were not infact a complete nightmare for some but in their fight against it they have gone too far.

Behaviour exhibited from the mob in the G-block involves nothing more than standing, chanting and using the odd offensive words, this does not constitute hooliganism and it's about time the establishment respected that before they finally kill off the ambience traditionally associated with that of a Football match and replace it with that of behavioural norm's traditionally associated with a classical music concert.

Is that a personal question or are we still talking about Ashton Gate? :crying:

I'd like to think that City fans could go back to the EE, that safe terracing could be introduced to football grounds across the country and that hooliganism and violence would leave football for good.

What I am concerned about is that the same groups of people who want the EE back and those who want to stand all game get blurred, and to return to the EE with seats in place will not resolve any of the problems related to standing. It is the job of the officials at the club from the chairman down to the stewards to uphold regulations as per a safety certificate. The comment:

"Basically I think the mob in G Block of the Dolman are causing too much unrest on matchdays, and the club have given up trying to make them behave, and are opening the East End."

is the worst example of this. The only way the club will give up on 'making people behave' will be to admit defeat and ban them in large numbers.

There is no law saying we cant take the seats away, it was only a recommendation thats seats should be put in. (correct me if I'm wrong). Believe me if it's only home fans in the East, the only trouble there could be will be odd home fan with to much drink! If you took the seats out of the Ateyo and sat everyone on the floor, there would be no trouble, or if they all stood , there would be no trouble, why? because they support the same team! The only trouble at the moment is trying to get fans to sit down! No it wasn't a personal question (sorry cant help you there). I'm confusing myself putting this down!

There is no law saying we cant take the seats away, it was only a recommendation thats seats should be put in. (correct me if I'm wrong). Believe me if it's only home fans in the East, the only trouble there could be will be odd home fan with to much drink! If you took the seats out of the Ateyo and sat everyone on the floor, there would be no trouble, or if they all stood , there would be no trouble, why? because they support the same team! The only trouble at the moment is trying to get fans to sit down! No it wasn't a personal question (sorry cant help you there). I'm confusing myself putting this down!

Safe standing will not be considered by the board, surely we all agree on that?

To reclaim the East End is an attainable goal though, particularly since it would benefit the club in terms of season ticket sales, atmosphere and public relations (and god knows our board could do with some progress in the latter!).

Non-allocated seating is probably hoping for too much, but would be ideal for me.

To reclaim the East End is an attainable goal though, particularly since it would benefit the club in terms of season ticket sales, atmosphere and public relations (and god knows our board could do with some progress in the latter!).

Non-allocated seating is probably hoping for too much, but would be ideal for me.

That would suit a lot of people, but it would have been ok if they could have had a seat section from the Williams to the goal, then the other half to the Dolman standing and smoking. Your still going to get fans standing no matter where you try to sit them! would be nice if it worked.

That would suit a lot of people, but it would have been ok if they could have had a seat section from the Williams to the goal, then the other half to the Dolman standing and smoking. Your still going to get fans standing no matter where you try to sit them! would be nice if it worked.

Totally agree with you mate. I just see it as really unlikely. The board might be willing to look for a compromise, but they won't go the whole hog.

Quick calculation at 20.00 per games 23 games a season sell 400 thats 184,000 total surely enough to say convert 250 seats into standing only area and then leave the remaining seated as some do like to sit down and would give the alternative to people on pay on the day,I do honestley feel City are missing out on the young support,for seasons now its been the same sort of age group in the atyeo,you hardly see any new young fans with a great number of students in Bristol I am sure City are missing out on this support

I can understand those who want the posh seats in a smoke free nicey,nicey zone meal before or whatever (I`ve done it this season :w00t: ), but cant there also be room for those who like a laugh and a joke a drink and a smoke :dunno:

We need to come up with a plan that will give the board something to think about. If we don't do that then they wont have anything to consider.

We could start with listing all the benefits of having a return of terracing and go on from there...

* The Club might get some attention from the media for being the first English Club to go from seating to standing.

* They're supposidly pulling down the East End anyway.

* More season tickets/match day tickets sold if they do allow standing.

* They won't have to worry about having the stand shut down due to standing in a seated area.

Theres a few to get us started...

Anyone up for this mission????

We need to come up with a plan that will give the board something to think about. If we don't do that then they wont have anything to consider.

We could start with listing all the benefits of having a return of terracing and go on from there...

* The Club might get some attention from the media for being the first English Club to go from seating to standing.

* They're supposidly pulling down the East End anyway.

* More season tickets/match day tickets sold if they do allow standing.

* They won't have to worry about having the stand shut down due to standing in a seated area.

Theres a few to get us started...

Anyone up for this mission????

Is this supporters trust territory? Is there any way they can actually get their voice heard? Do people need to start campaigning through the media and at games?

I ask these questions because on here you get so much criticism of BCFC policy, but you never see anyone do owt constructive about it. Moaning on a forum really isn't enough, and staying away from games, as many fans threatened to do during our successive defeats, is even more pointless.

Archived