IGNORED

New Striker

i_am_red

I think we will sign a new striker, as well as big mac, this summer but not sure who, obviosly there is hayter but seeing as though he is on a free there will be plenty of clubs interested in him.

Reddy - not sure if he has some sort of clause allowing him to go but if not, would be quite expensive, but IMO would be worth it

Jevons is out of contract i think but not sure of him, did well to set up the goal today but hasn't really been great at this level.

Bridges - Like it has been said before on here there must be something to make steve l say so confindently bridges aint going anywhere and think about why would we let him go on a free without a sell on clause seeing as though he is still relatively young and just needed games!!!

Personally I would like to see us re-sign Heff, I know he would be expensive and may not want to join us, yet we were willing to spend 300k on reddy and that would be a 100% profit for donny plus we have a sell on clause which we could waive (I think thats a word). I would love it to happen but it's highly unlikely more chance of signing Gandhi TBH

who would you lot want??

Bas to sign a six year contract :@ .......for pure comic value!! :w00t:

But seriously i don't really want Haynter because he is just a penalty taker and i don't think would add much to the side, and as he is out of contract will be demanding silly money. Heff wont happen. Jevons has done nothing this year and tbh we would be better playing someone like benyon really. And Reddy i don't think is worth that sort of money! Only really exceptional players at this level are worth that nowadays IMO and he is yet to make any impact on our division yet, he is still playing in the league below, we might as well be looking Richard Walker from Rovers hes scored loadsa goals! But i don't think anybody would want him!! And even if we did have a buy back clause or something similar in the Bridges deal i just doen think he would want to come back here, especially after some of the stick he got from fans, and at the time it was perfectly fair.

Personally i think we will/should sign Mac firstly and then would like us to look for a cheap or free pacey striker, i doubt very much that we will spend a lot of money, especially after reading interviews like the one on the bbc website entitled 'careful spending' if that isnt a hint then i don't know what is. I'm no talent scout so don't really know who is available but if we cant find anything then we should chase Reddy but only if we can get him for decent money IMO!

I think we will sign unknowns mainly in the summer and don't think any of the names mentioned in january will be chased up again, apart from possibly Haynter, which as i said i personally hope we don't chase up!!

Bas to sign a six year contract :@ .......for pure comic value!! :w00t:

But seriously i don't really want Haynter because he is just a penalty taker and i don't think would add much to the side, and as he is out of contract will be demanding silly money. Heff wont happen. Jevons has done nothing this year and tbh we would be better playing someone like benyon really. And Reddy i don't think is worth that sort of money! Only really exceptional players at this level are worth that nowadays IMO and he is yet to make any impact on our division yet, he is still playing in the league below. We might as well buy Richard Walker from Rovers. And even if we did have a buy back clause or something similar in the Bridges deal i just doen think he would want to come back here, especially after some of the stick he got from fans, and at the time it was perfectly fair.

Personally i think we will/should sign Mac firstly and then would like us to look for a cheap or free pacey striker, i doubt very much that we will spend a lot of money, especially after reading interviews like the one on the bbc website entitled 'careful spending' if that isnt a hint then i don't know what is. I'm no talent scout so don't really know who is available but if we cant find anything then we should chase Reddy but only if we can get him for decent money IMO!

I think we will sign unknowns mainly in the summer and don't think any of the names mentioned in january will be chased up again, apart from possibly Haynter, which as i said i personally hope we don't chase up!!

I think Gary Johnson was very slow in January because he didn't want to upset to many yeovilites by stripping their team, but when the season finally ends I can see him going back and whether they stay up or not we will see an influx of glovers joining us!

my thoughts

Jevons, maybe Gall, Davies?, one of the keepers!

New striker? Thiery Henry.... :w00t: See the two goals he scored today? Magnificent player.The coolest finisher in the world.

I think Gary Johnson was very slow in January because he didn't want to upset to many.....

He wasn't slow in trying to off load Stewart to QPR.

On the grounds that Stewart is a proven goalscorer and Savage isn't - no!

he has been a proven goal scorer in the past.

this is in the present and he hasn't scored many this season.

and before you say it , he has had chances to in the first team.

yep your right, but i'd just like marcus to go out and get some highly competative games under his belt become 100% match fit and come back raring to go!

It wouldn't matter how fit Stewart came back.Johnson wouldn't play him.He still harbours a grudge against him - end of.

I'd be amazed if Stewart ever plays for City again under Johnson.

It wouldn't matter how fit Stewart came back.Johnson wouldn't play him.He still harbours a grudge against him - end of.

I don't wanna turn this into a "stewart topic" but i don't know GJ so I cant comment on his thoughts etc. as long as you know his feelings I will agree with you. Thats if your not lying and truly know what he is thinking!

he has been a proven goal scorer in the past.

this is in the present and he hasn't scored many this season.

and before you say it , he has had chances to in the first team.

He's scored about 1 in 3, about the same as the rest of his career, despite playing in front of the worst city team I've ever seen.

Stewart will score goals if he's allowed to.

I don't think this was intended to be a MS thread so I'm going to go back to the original question.

Hayter - Can't see him joining us even if we wanted him

Jevons - Don't want him anymore to be honest, looked a threat yesterday but I'm sure there are alot better goalscorers around than him

Bridges - Won't come back and it would show that we are weak going to get him back after just 6 months after selling him. Yes I regret us selling him but in a way wouldn't want him back but then again I would - but can't see him coming back either.

Reddy - I agree will be very expensive but would be very well worth it.

But I think we will sign someone that is a bit like DJ Campbell - get him from the non-league and hopefully he can do us the business. However Big Mac has looked a huge threat when he has played and think, he has got 3 goals in 3 home games and one he only played 10 mins, so he can obviously score, however, maybe he isn't as prolific as we need - not sure. Personally, as long as they score goals I couldn't care less who they are or where they come from - just hope we can get the replacement for LL that we have been searching for the last season!

Guest Cary Grant supported City

I don't think this was intended to be a MS thread so I'm going to go back to the original question.

I think as we are still playing 3rd Division football again next season, Hayter is a possibility.

Otherwise some other player availible from the 4th Division, or Conference on a "Bosman" looking to step up a Division.

But i think our next striker could be coming from the "Emerald Isle!".

;)

Guest Cary Grant supported City

I don't wanna turn this into a "stewart topic" but i don't know GJ so I cant comment on his thoughts etc. as long as you know his feelings I will agree with you. Thats if your not lying and truly know what he is thinking!

Stew at PNE..........................

One moment it's...................

North End's positive line-up was reflected in an entertaining start to the game, with Ormerod volleying across the edge of the six yard box and Stewart seeing a shot pushed round the post for a corner.

Then it's.............................

Just after the half hour mark Marcus Stewart should have broken the deadlock with his first goal in a North End shirt.

Ormerod and Agyemang combined to cause havoc in the Crewe area, and the ball fell to Stewart ten yards from goal.

He aimed a shot at the top corner but instead blazed it over the bar when he should at least have tested the keeper.

And Business as usual as........................

The heavy pitch seemed to be taking its toll with both sides starting to look tired, and both McKenna and Stewart hobbled off, with Whaley and Hibbert replacing them.

Guest 30BCFC90

both my brothers support plymouth argyle and they went see pne against argyle and said that stewart lacked pace and was very dull so if we need a striker he has to be pacey and can score goals. someone young and fresh like LL was and stewart just aint that. I say we go look lower league!

I cant believe nobodys mentioned Keogh from S****horpe. A tricky and quick centre forward that has performed extremely well this year - Him and Sharp have scored 25+ goals between them this season. Surely we could tempt him away from sunny Scunny?

Yea but scunny would demand silly money, wouldn't surprise me though GJ seemed impressed with one of them not sure which one!!

Bit like you with Johnson then ..Why the grudge apart from the stewart thing :dunno:

Archived