IGNORED

New Striker

i_am_red

james hayter - bournemouth rejected an offer from huddersfield because he didnt want to move there...we didnt have our offer rejected on these grounds

reddy - sounds pretty good, but probably the most expensive option

big mac - a must have if he can prove his fitness - johnson said he's got the right attitude unlike that jermaine easter (maybe johnsons going to have another look at this lad?) - may lack pace but runs round lots, good flick-ons, super strength, showed he can score

I don't mind who it is as long as he is very quick and can play off Brooker,

assuming Brooker is still here.

Bristol City should not even consider paying 300k for any player, where has it

got us in the past, Southend, Brentford etc would never pay that for a player

and look where they are.

Surely there are some out of contract players who could do a job for us.

By the way, according to Sky sports news today Hayter has opened contract

discussions with Bournemouth.

The main question s as to who comes in will depend if BROOKER stays or not.

If he does go then a think McCAMMON will get offered a contract plus one other "known" striker, HAYTER or similar.

If BROOKER stays McCAMMON may have to prove he can stay fit a bit harder to be offered a contract. Any other strikers signed are likley to be a player no one has heard of, or have come through the ranks within BCFC.

Unlike some i don't claim to know how GJ feels about MS. But i do expect MS not to be with us next season.

This, IMO, will have more to do with not fitting GJ's method of playing, he is neither fast or, big and strong.

And also i get the feeling, and its no more than a feeling, that GJ wants a team of equals, both in terms or pay and status (no superstars) , the aim being a team that is greater than the sum of its parts, with everyone happy to work for everyone else.

I am sure others will say its because GJ cannot handle "star" players. I personally think its more to do with team spirit, (and not cider)

Archived