IGNORED

The Gash@@e Are Coming!

sbl800

Are we shaking in our boots about the sagheads, as it looks as if they could join us next season.Or do supporters think it would be good to see them miss out on promotion.

Personally I would be gutted if they get promoted. I say let them linger in the doldrum league. :pray:

Guest DrFaustus

Are we shaking in our boots about the sagheads, as it looks as if they could join us next season.Or do supporters think it would be good to see them miss out on promotion.

Personally I would be gutted if they get promoted. I say let them linger in the doldrum league. :pray:

Maybe that's because you are a sad, bitter and twisted individual.

Most of my City mates want us promoted so that City 'get 6 easy points' :D

For a derby the atmosphere was no where near a Bristol Derby, Yeah Stay down but how much satisfaction would we all get from Taking 6 points from them, humiliating them and watch them linger around relegation all season like they have watched us??

Its been a touch embarassing but so funny to see them struggle, lose their players and eat humble pie as we march up the league possibly even staying in the top two all season!

:laugh:

I still remember looking forward to the Glos Cup every year.

Great atmosphere at the Gate or at Eastville on the open end.

Not an easy six points though, the form book goes out the window on derby day.

Bring then on, good banter, flying tackles and steaming atmosphere (especially if they're a night game in mid winter).

Jumpers for goalposts or what?

They won't go up this season, they have a tendency to roll over and die just when the pressure is on.

They could do it next year provided they keep hold of their front two and don't have their usual massive summer clearout.

I'm quite happy either way, if they go up we get 6 points and a real derby, if they stay down we get another season to pity them.

Guest DrFaustus

Nope.............think the Pikeys r going do it b honest. Be nice to have a right good go at the Doc, the day before thou.........lets log horns :angry:

I'll see you in May for that beer Arn :)

The gas have had some good results lately, but their performance earlier in the season eroded their chance. The gas are not coming up.

A few months ago we contemplated the embarassing scenario of the gas being promoted whilst City suffered relegation. Remember every gashead's nightmare every season though; City promoted to the Championship and the gas relegated to the Conference! :laugh:

I think the last derby that I was really impressed by the atmosphere was that 3-2 one. That 0-0 one, a Pompey mate of mine went to and just laughed at it.

Does anyone have a theory for why Pompey seem so vocal and abnormally passionate about their Club btw?

As for the Scum, if they fail to come up it will be funny and if they do surprise me then that'll be alright for reason's already stated, we'll have to endure the taunting from happy-clappy Sagger's everywhere all Summer though. :(

Does anyone have a theory for why Pompey seem so vocal and abnormally passionate about their Club btw?

If you've been to Portsmouth you ought to know the answer.

It's down to the lack of having anything else to shout about. It makes Swindon look interesting.

:whistle:

If you've been to Portsmouth you ought to know the answer.

It's down to the lack of having anything else to shout about. It makes Swindon look interesting.

:whistle:

Erm I'm not having that! Pompey has plenty of character and is a particularly nice place to visit in the summer...Old Portsmouth and Southsea (where I lived for 3 years) are both nice places. It's maritime history ###### all over Bristol's harbourside as well.

The reason they are so loud and passionate about their footy down there is because of the intimacy of the place. It's one of the most densely populated cities in Europe and so there's an air of 'everyone knows everyone' and this seems to carry on into the football.

Probably one of the reasons they have such a fierce football firm too, they're a very tight-knit community.

Guest DrFaustus

Just look at the clubs who have come up from the fourth division and sailed through this league too, worrying thought me thinks

Nice!

You love us really, you rednoses

I will bet you £10 that you get in the Play-offs but don't go up.

No joke, Doc.

Its a funny thing....In some ways the Sags being in the same division as our glorious selves is a mouth watering prospect...And I always think City actually perform better over a season when they are with us........However would I support their promotion push.....Not on your sweet life...The rent boys could lose for the rest of their days and I would die happy

SAD YES!

Insincere Definately not :)

They must have a good chance now they have their goalscorer back. I said to the gashead in our local bank at the start of the season that any team in that league that could a goalscorer had a chance.

By the same token, that could be the difference in the play-offs as we know to our cost......... :pinch: .

Can't see the Gas going up, really. I don't think they are up to it, and the few Gas mates acquaintances I have tend to agree, as much as they are hoping for it.

Personally I prefer watching them struggle in the basement to taking six easy points off them. As long as they are down there, there is no dispute about who is the city's top team. And the longer they are down there, the more new fans are likely to choose us over them, thereby boosting our long-term support at the expense of theirs.

Can't see the Gas going up, really. I don't think they are up to it, and the few Gas mates acquaintances I have tend to agree, as much as they are hoping for it.

Personally I prefer watching them struggle in the basement to taking six easy points off them. As long as they are down there, there is no dispute about who is the city's top team. And the longer they are down there, the more new fans are likely to choose us over them, thereby boosting our long-term support at the expense of theirs.

I thought it was a bit strange that their fans were writing off their play off hopes on the radio, only two weeks ago. I had to go and look at the league table again and confirm that they were only 6 points off 7th, and check that 7th WAS a playoff spot in the lower league. Like in boxing they have a fighters chance because they have punch in attack when Agogo plays, and that might be the difference.

Guest DrFaustus

More nonsense that you could have condensed to 3 words.

You're obviously making it all up anyway, as you make an unbelievable claim to have aquaintances.

The reason they are so loud and passionate about their footy down there is because of the intimacy of the place. It's one of the most densely populated cities in Europe and so there's an air of 'everyone knows everyone' and this seems to carry on into the football.

Probably one of the reasons they have such a fierce football firm too, they're a very tight-knit community.

Altogether now.......

Your uncle is brother your sister is your mother.......................................................................... :dance:

Archived