IGNORED

Interview With Gj On Bbc Sport

Loderingo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4876746.stm

Some interesting snippets.

On the bad run: We had a few nasty injuries and we had some problems with a couple of lads on a late-night drinking session, but that's all over with now.

"During that time we stuck together and when we emerged the other side of that spell, we were a lot stronger.

I knew there would be pressure and was prepare to take on the challenge

"I wouldn't say that bad time was a bonus, but it was the strengthening of the team in so many ways,"

On Managing City:You don't get a job like Bristol City if there hasn't been problems.

"Of course there's pressure but I knew there would be and was prepared to take on the challenge.

"I always said that if I was to leave Yeovil the next club I went to would have to be one with potential and ambition.

On SL: "The Bristol City chairman and directors are forward thinking and I think the club is willing to back the manager. I have to make sure I bring in the right players.

Thats my point - we don't know what questions he was asked.Obviously none about his managerial 'style' or his hadling of certain players.Therefore its a one sided interview.

So surely that is the BBC's fault, not Gary Johnson's?

Thats my point - we don't know what questions he was asked.Obviously none about his managerial 'style' or his hadling of certain players.Therefore its a one sided interview.

Yes and you view is one-sided, along with the supposed 'inside information' that you get from the club.

Unless you have spoken to Johnson about 'his handling of certain players'??

Which could be quite easily turned around to ask 'the way in which certain players behaved and proved a disruptive influence'?

Am I right again? Course I ####ing am.

No offence intended on this one , BUT it does seem robbored that whatever

comes out , is stated , rumoured or proved about johnson is always up for

negative debate , granted you have concerns, as we all should at times.

But why can't you be a bit fair , WE are all city , johnson ( yes we lost 7 league on the bounce ) has

so far done well , so far i support him.

So we will not / might not make the play offs.

But at the end of the day the attitude and commitment being instilled in the players / club is a major

bonus and therefore may have been worth the explosion.

you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

Yes and you view is one-sided, along with the supposed 'inside information' that you get from the club.

I have no idea what you are on about

Unless you have spoken to Johnson about 'his handling of certain players'??

What?

Which could be quite easily turned around to ask 'the way in which certain players behaved and proved a disruptive influence'?

Ummm..... :dunno:

Am I right again? Course I ####ing am.

Ever heard of Narcissus?

Surely every football interview piece on BBC Sport only gives the side of the interviewee?

What was unusual about the piece?

Nothing, by the usual tame BBC standards.Its the questions that seemingly weren't asked that would have been interesting.

Johnson left so much unsaid.....Thats a very one sided interview.

It's the usual fairly benal interview you get with most managers. But then again anything elses would be held as being unprofessional....but yourself i expect.........

Some comments to go a small way to explain certain things....

"You work out pretty quickly which players will get you out of trouble and which ones might not".

The names i read into this is BRIDGES, PHILIPS and STEWART.

"During that time we stuck together and when we emerged the other side of that spell, we were a lot stronger"

WOODMAN, CAREY, ORR, BASSO ????????????

"You have to earn the right to be in the Championship"

No superstars, a hard working together team.

Firstly, I back Gary Johnson 110% in everything he has done at the club so far and I firmly believe that he will be the manager to take us up to the Championship and keep us there, on the way he may well upset many, but let's get serious for a minute, if people think that GJ is going to reveal everything that goes on in the dressing room or on the training pitch etc (good or bad) then the people who think he will/should are just being totally NAIVE.

BCAGFC

Nothing, by the usual tame BBC standards.Its the questions that seemingly weren't asked that would have been interesting.

Robbored, my fine rhetoric sparring partner, even if GJ was asked the questions that you would like to see posed, I doubt you'd like the answers. If they contrasted with your take on things I'm not sure you'd be persuaded that he meant what he was saying, that it wasn't just 'spin'.

(Now wait for some buffoon to pointlessly attack me on your behalf!) :dunno:

Johnson left so much unsaid.....Thats a very one sided interview.

RR - We have waited for a manager to succeed in getting the team spirit right.

And if I remember, you were singing the praises of BT when he tried to deal with certain 'so called' problem players.

I don't remember you saying that we were only getting BT's side of the story.

I am really looking forward to the SC's end of season presentations, perhaps when you introduce GJ, you can ask him publically about his spat with MS.

As it seems to have cloudied your judgement regarding the clubs achievements since we lost 7-1 to Swansea.

I happen to think the GJ interview was positive & good to read.

A breath of fresh air following a period of time in the doldrums.

His managerial style is excellent, he hasn't slated anybody in the press and everything is delt with behind closed doors and not infront of the media

he was obviousley asked about the potential of the club and how he and the players reacted in the losing streak. And also what the aims of the club are.

No player names were mentioned. He has delt with the media professionley and how a manager should do.

He has told players what he thinks of them and feels that there is no need to make his feelings about individuals public. Thus gaining the respect of palyers that did'nt "wilt" during the losing run.

I would Love Gj(The Conference manager)To ead City to promotion just to see the Look on Robboreds face, And i'm sure it will be the same with him as it was when Swine Town lost to Forest, So don't expect to read any of his nonsense next april/may.

Hi Robbored,

Just catching up after getting back from my honeymoon, so sorry if I am a bit behind on this.

Please could you lay out the specific questions you would have liked to have seen asked for me?

Thanks,

RR

when will you ever get over it Robred ,yurm8 Tinnion is gone and the GJ is here ,he has done a good job,but hey he didnt like yur best mate stewart so i geuss you don't like him1

in goes the boot once more, Please give it a rest, Everytime there is a post about GJ, You have to post negatively. You are beginning to sound childish and it's tiresome, it's not an alternative view anymore it's just the last rumblings of your Tinnion fetish.

Get over it and move on most of us have.

Just catching up after getting back from my honeymoon, so sorry if I am a bit behind on this.

Please could you lay out the specific questions you would have liked to have seen asked for me?

Things you ask yourself when you come back from your honeymoon:

a) How did City get on today against Hartlepool?

b) Will she still love me when I'm old and grey?

c) Will our rumpy pumpy get even better in the future or is this as good as it gets?

d) Would we have been better off getting relegated with a manager who was mates with Robbored rather than stay up with one who has ignored his overtures?

e) (When I carried my wife across the threshold for the first time): What is it like to be a football club that doesn't own its own home?

f) I can't think of any more...

:unsure:

Archived