IGNORED

Everything That Is Wrong With The Club

surreyred

I have had to wait until this morning to post this because i was so angry with this forum last night the amount of four letter words i would have used would have got me banned ten times over !!!!!!!

To the point...................

Yesterday we won three nil away from home. We won despite having two of our main attacking players missing. Two of the goals were scored, and third greated, by two of our youngest players.

And the two biggest threads on this forum............about BRIDGES and STEWART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At some point the "fans" of this club will learn that "star" players do always equate to results. We have come on leaps and bounds this season, and there is a real feel good atmosphere about the place at the moment. But some fans give the impression they would give up all this to have two "star" players in the team whatever the results.

The most important thing that happened yesterday was that the future of this club created three goals, not what two players, who play for other clubs, did !!

I have had to wait until this morning to post this because i was so angry with this forum last night the amount of four letter words i would have used would have got me banned ten times over !!!!!!!

Yesterday we won three nil away from home. We won despite having two of our main attacking players missing. Two of the goals were scored, and third greated, by two of our youngest players.

And the two biggest threads on this forum............about BRIDGES and STEWART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At some point the "fans" of this club will learn that "star" players do always equate to results. We have come on leaps and bounds this season, and there is a real feel good atmosphere about the place at the moment. But some fans give the impression they would give up all this to have two "star" players in the team whatever the results.

The most important thing that happened yesterday was that the future of this club created three goals, not what two players, who play for other clubs, did !!

Well done mate took the words out of my mought like i said in a post yesterday why worry about bridges and Stewart we are scoring for fun!! from all around the pitch ,every player is capable of scoring we have seen it!(bas even)

Good post mate and well said...And they city fans are never happy......sooooo true!!!!

Don't you ever wonder,as many of us do where City would be now if Bridges and Stewart had been given a chance?

I know it doesn't change anything but wondering about 'if only' is part of every football fans psyche.

• Admin

You've got to take it all in context, I've been very supportive of GJ and the massive improvements he's made to Orr, Woodman, Carey etc etc, as well as the all round fitness improvements. I'm supportive of the team ethic, over having prima donna superstars swanking around the place with little commitment and effort, but, I don't think that Bridges was of that ilk, I believe he just genuinely wanted a chance to relaunch his career.

The form he has shown since his move is bound to create discussion, if he'd have been struggling to get into Carlisle's side and hadn't scored more than an odd one or two, he wouldn't be such a hot topic. The fact that he has scored 13 goals and has been influential in their promotion push is bound to get City fans asking why he wasn't offered the run in the team he needed to get match fit. That isn't being disrespectful to those that have taken us to 10th in the league, have brought the enjoyment back to Saturday afternoons and a renewed hope for the future of BCFC.

I'd just like to hear an honest appraisal of the reason Bridges was transferred - not so I can castigate the decision, but to get an understanding of the reason. We've had the rumours of contract extension, homesick, Johnson's inability to manage big names etc, I'd just like the truth.

Calm down mate, it's supposed to be a forum to discuss various issues about the football club.

The point that you make about praising the young players is a valid one, I wasn't there yesterday but it sounded as though Dave Cotterill had a blinder, and fair play to him, he deserves some recognition for that.

However, this would be a pretty dull place if every thread was the same and a variety of subjects is what makes the forum worth visiting from time to time.

The Bridges/Stewart scenario clearly still strikes a chord with some here because they are two talented players who don't appear to have been given a fair crack of the whip by the manager. What's wrong with some people discussing that?

It is getting quite annoying that anyone who raises even a slightly dissenting voice about the club/manager/certain players is instantly questioned about how much of a fan they are and accused that they are not supporting the team. There's a big difference between verbally abusing someone at close quarters at a game -ie not supporting the team, and offering an opinion on an internet formum that probably isn't even seen by the players.

The form he has shown since his move is bound to create discussion, if he'd have been struggling to get into Carlisle's side and hadn't scored more than an odd one or two, he wouldn't be such a hot topic. The fact that he has scored 13 goals and has been influential in their promotion push is bound to get City fans asking why he wasn't offered the run in the team he needed to get match fit. That isn't being disrespectful to those that have taken us to 10th in the league, have brought the enjoyment back to Saturday afternoons and a renewed hope for the future of BCFC.

I'd just like to hear an honest appraisal of the reason Bridges was transferred - not so I can castigate the decision, but to get an understanding of the reason. We've had the rumours of contract extension, homesick, Johnson's inability to manage big names etc, I'd just like the truth.

Well said and quite right too.

I think there would be something wrong with any club if they did not ask questions when a player leaves and then almost immediately makes a huge impact at an other. Of course we want to know why a clearly quality players has been let go for free, what the hell is wrong with that?

It doesnt mean we aren,t pleased with the turn around in results, or the players in the starting line up, but we just want to be given some inkling as to why GJ though he should let MB go. We cant just ignore that a very good player has gone, just because we won 3-0 at walsall. We don't want to lose good players at any point in any season even if we are top of the league, no club would.

I,d like to see a bit of honesty regarding the MS, and MB situation, a bit of clarity, then we might see these threads either dissapear or at least no longer be clouded in assumptions, as we would no the real situations and why the those situations led to the outcomes. For example, if MS has said a few things to GJ that has undermined his authority i would be right behind GJ,s decision to off load him, be it for ever or till the end of the season, if he came out and told the fans this, how could we really argue??? Same with MB, if there was a clause that made the decision to let him go seem clear cut, then at least that would be a reason of sorts, and show us it was not just a quick thought, and ill judged decision to let him go.

I,d just like to hear from the men who have made these decisions, i,d like to know why? and as fans i think we have the right to ask?

Don't you ever wonder,as many of us do where City would be now if Bridges and Stewart had been given a chance?

I know it doesn't change anything but wondering about 'if only' is part of every football fans psyche.

Jesus ****in Christ!"Many of us

"?..Don't delude yourself mate."Many of us" quite rightly couldn't give a toss what Stewart and Bridges do and "many of us" are right behind our current manager and squad of players.Unlike yourself. So don't go bracketting yourself with a "many of us" tag because you are most definately in a minority.

If only Wayne Rooney was born in Knowle West, If only the Russian put his money in BCFC instead of Chelsea.

IF Tinnion, Bridges and Stewart were still here would we still be in relegation trouble, Who knows, Who cares, The season is ending on a happy note and we have our annual hope for next season and hopefully with some QUALITY signings, We actually can get out of this cess pit of a division.

And finally, In his first full season Tinnion took us from two 3rd place finishes to 7th (a drop of 4 places) and YOU and others on this forum thought that was acceptable. If City continue their current form a finish of 10th or even 9th is a possibility (a drop of 2 or 3 places) but apparently that is unacceptable.

It's obvious you don't like our current manager, I did'nt like or rate Wilson, I really thought Tinnion could do no worse than Wilson, My god was I wrong. You have already said fitness has improved significantly, That implies that under the previous managers that fitness levels were poor, You also said you thought the 'hand grenade' incident was the main reason for the 9 straight defeats, Well as far as I am concerned it's the best thing that could have happend, This club was being taken for a ride and being dragged into the gutter by players behaviour, It needed stopping and stopping quickly.

Onwards and upwards.

And finally, In his first full season Tinnion took us from two 3rd place finishes to 7th (a drop of 4 places) and YOU and others on this forum thought that was acceptable. If City continue their current form a finish of 10th or even 9th is a possibility (a drop of 2 or 3 places) but apparently that is unacceptable.

Tinnion would have taken us to relegation trouble in his 1st season if it wasn't for Leroy Lita.

Jesus ****in Christ!"Many of us

"?..Don't delude yourself mate."Many of us" quite rightly couldn't give a toss what Stewart and Bridges do and "many of us" are right behind our current manager and squad of players.Unlike yourself. So don't go bracketting yourself with a "many of us" tag because you are most definately in a minority.

Calm down!

Just because you don't agree with 'many of us' doesn't mean that your're right unless you are suggesting that 'many of us' don't ever wonder 'what if '.If that the case you are most definately wrong with you being the one in the minority.

Virtually all City fans that I speak to ponder where City would be now if Bridges and Stewart were given a fair chance.The play-offs? ...possibly.... :dunno:

Some people on here always seem to try to defend players that were CLEARLY making no contribution to Bristol City FC both ON or OFF the pitch, although they MAYBE the players' 'MATES' they can't see anything beyond that.

Gary Johnson has got 99% of things right so far and long may it continue, I don't care who or what players he upsets as long as it is to the benefit of BCFC.

BCAGFC

They don't fit in or they would play and score goals like McCammon and Brooks do. Fair enough if they leave and do well, good for them, at least we ain't wasting our money paying these players to warm the bench.

Although they have proven talent, they don't just score goals and play well under status, they need to fit into the shape of the squad ;)

They didn't simple as.

Back the manager, then the players I say!

Calm down!

Just because you don't agree with 'many of us' doesn't mean that your're right unless you are suggesting that 'many of us' don't ever wonder 'what if '.If that the case you are most definately wrong with you being the one in the minority.

Virtually all City fans that I speak to ponder where City would be now if Bridges and Stewart were given a fair chance.The play-offs? ...possibly.... :dunno:

And equally, I've spoken to fans who feel that Bridges and Stewart were given a 'fair chance'.

It's an interesting topic and it's natural that people disagree.

I think the reason why people are getting annoyed with the 'did we make a mistake' posts is the timing. Having just won 3-0 away, some fans had nothing to say about the positives, but plenty to say about the negatives. That gives a certain impression.

I did notice that the first thread i saw when i got home yesterday afternoon was " Bridges scores again" which did seem odd as we had just whipped Walsall 3-0 ...away. :dunno: ?

And yes i would have liked to seen Michael given more of a run BUT our manager didnt fancy him, end of.(as well as other reasons we may never know about.)

Calm down!

I am still wondering where we would be if the chairmen stumped up the cash for Mark Robins when we had the chance?.... Premiership? .... possibly.. :dunno:

I am still wondering where we would be if the chairmen stumped up the cash for Mark Robins when we had the chance?.... Premiership? .... possibly.. :dunno:

You are joking! :rofl2br:

Mark 'no pace' Robins was a spent force before he came to City.He only came to us because he couldn't get the Rotherham first 11.

Sure,he scored a few tap-ins for City but he was more lazy than Tony Thorpe and not such a classy goalscorer as TT either.I don't think Robins actually completed 90mins for City in any game (could be wrong there)

One thing is for sure Robins was not the type of player than Johnson would have had in his side.

Marcus 'no pace' Stewart was a spent force before he came to City.He only came to us because he couldn't get the Sunderland first 11.

Sure,he's scored a few tap-ins for City but he was more lazy than Tony Thorpe and not such a classy goalscorer as TT either.I don't think Stewart actually completed 90mins for City or PNE in any game (could be wrong there)

One thing is for sure Stewart is not the type of player than Johnson would have had in his side.

Bold of you to make such a u-turn Robbored!

Of course we all moan sometimes, we are football fans. Yesterday was an excellent second-half performance, first half was a yawn-fest apart from Cotts goal and one earlier effort. Most of it was good, but there are still a few weaknesses. Basso is suspect, occasional great saves and over-enthusiastic training are no substitute for quality. Up front, we lack depth, Mac leads the line well, but you can see limitations, Cotts looked absolute quality yesterday, but we may have to wait another year or so before he achieves consistency. So, with Brooks out, our only cover is Bas.

What yesterday showed was that you can go so far with commitment and running around, but what made the difference was Wilkshires vision and clever passing and Cotts pacy, skillful running, and that is where Bridges comes in, he has the ability to add that touch of class that has been lacking on occasions. If you wish to take a very cynical view, forget all the rubbish about teamwork, Gary Johnson players and disruptive influences, just compare the records of Bas and Bridges. And Bridges does not seem to have disrupted the Carlisle dressing room.........

If only Wayne Rooney was born in Knowle West, If only the Russian put his money in BCFC instead of Chelsea.

IF Tinnion, Bridges and Stewart were still here would we still be in relegation trouble, Who knows, Who cares, The season is ending on a happy note and we have our annual hope for next season and hopefully with some QUALITY signings, We actually can get out of this cess pit of a division.

It's obvious you don't like our current manager, I did'nt like or rate Wilson, I really thought Tinnion could do no worse than Wilson, My god was I wrong. You have already said fitness has improved significantly, That implies that under the previous managers that fitness levels were poor, You also said you thought the 'hand grenade' incident was the main reason for the 9 straight defeats, Well as far as I am concerned it's the best thing that could have happend, This club was being taken for a ride and being dragged into the gutter by players behaviour, It needed stopping and stopping quickly.

Onwards and upwards.

City played some very attractive football yesterday and were well worth their win. The players are working for one another confidence is high, and they look like a team capable of getting out of this dreadful division.

Too right: ONWARD AND UPWARDS!!!

Yes.

However, the point really was this. Why wonder what could have happend if...blah blah blah.... when what's happening now seems to be steps in the right direction. 3-0 away from home against Walsall which could easily have been 5 or 6. Not only did the score look good but the quality link up play between our midfield was very much better than the first two months of the season and the whole of last season under Tinnion.

Support the team now and we will get what we want next season. Stop looking back.

And has an appropriate place & time. Not after a 3-0 away win :rolleyes:

Even more so,Ron.When you look at how well City are playing lately it makes you wonder just how much closer we would be to the play-offs if only......

...Tinnion hadn't got us to such a bad start?

...Lita hadn't left the club?

...Danny Wilson hadn't been sacked?

Archived