IGNORED

Back Alive

Dave L

Just got back from my Everest trek, completely knackered but just about alive. Toughest thing I've ever done, even worse than watching the Gas. Thanks so much to everyone who sponsored me, and here's a photo to prove I did it.

Cheers

Dave

Just got back from my Everest trek, completely knackered but just about alive. Toughest thing I've ever done, even worse than watching the Gas. Thanks so much to everyone who sponsored me, and here's a photo to prove I did it.

Cheers

Dave

Well done. You forgot to post your sponsor link. We can still sponsor you even after the event?

PS Who's the yeti in the foreground? :whistle:

I thought you were referring to Walsall. Sorry, they made me send a picture of your goodself to the West Mids Police after your articles about their activities and behaviour last season. Now you've got me in big trouble, they will now realise that the pic I sent was not you! (twas Edson).

Well done Dave, what a fantastic experience and such a worthwhile Charity.

I thought you were referring to Walsall. Sorry, they made me send a picture of your goodself to the West Mids Police after your articles about their activities and behaviour last season. Now you've got me in big trouble, they will now realise that the pic I sent was not you! (twas Edson).

Well done Dave, what a fantastic experience and such a worthwhile Charity.

I also initially thought DaveL was referring to Warsaw FC and their hopelessly corrupt toff/snob led West Midlands Royalist Gestapo Police. :laugh:

Well done to DaveL from all at the Red Goblin grotto. :laugh:

###### people, come on! :angry:

DaveL is back; we need replies and ample forum high-fives and bum-slaps.

Now get with it. :rolleyes:

Well I don't know if I'm up for a bumslap, but I'm happy to give you a high five.

Well done. Amazing achievement!

Well done Dave, that truly is an immense achievement indeed. I suggest you have a couple of Blackthorns to celebrate!!

Whats next in store? 1 man flight to Mars or something..................

Now if City can only scale the heights that you have........................... :whistle:

Er, what did you actually do - pardon my ignorance but I thought Everest was the highest mountain but your piccy shows a hell of a lot of peaks way above you :whistle:

The caption says Everest from Kalla Pattar, so I'm guessing it's a view of Everest from another mountain/place in the range?

I doubt you climb 10,000ft all the way up one mountain.

Er, what did you actually do - pardon my ignorance but I thought Everest was the highest mountain but your piccy shows a hell of a lot of peaks way above you :whistle:

It'll take a helluva lot of pardoning to match the sum total of your ignorance, but I'll do my best. :rolleyes:

I was never going to the summit of Everest itself. One in ten people who try that die, and I'm not that stupid. I trekked almost to the peak of Kalla Pattar (5550 metres, 18,192 feet) - a real tough climb - I suffered quite badly from altitude sickness. We walked for 16 hours on summit day, starting at 2.30am in order to get good views before the clouds come in. From Kalla Pattar you look down on Everest Base Camp in the valley below and across to Everest itself which is the high peak in the photo. Took 10 days to reach the summit and 3 days to come down - a sign of how tough the climb is, and of the fact that we took some time to acclimatise on the way up, due to the high altitude. I'll post a few photos when I can work out how to do it.

It was a real adventure, and the most physically demanding thing I've ever done, or would ever want to do. I've raised over £4000 for Scope but would welcome more donations.

http://www.justgiving.com/davidlloydeverest

Good to see City doing so well while I've been away. Only caught up with the scores on Sunday. It's a bit tough to get the results up in the Himalayas.

Archived