IGNORED

Gj Spinning Again!

redrocks

Very disgruntled to see Gary on the offish site looking all positive again! How he has the gall to go on there and sound off about how positive things are looking after the results this season is beyond me. Definitely blowing smoke up the fans' arses in order to sell more season tickets and replica shirts.

I also think he handled the questions on the 'grenade' very badly. I mean, to even laugh about it when that one incident obviously cost us a play-off spot is out of order. The fact he was unrepentant about it also speaks volumes of the fact that this guy just doesn't learn.

The way he seems to enjoy his job and comes over as so affable is definitely the hallmark of a master spin-doctor at work.

This man is not to be trusted.

:disapointed2se:

Very disgruntled to see Gary on the offish site looking all positive again! How he has the gall to go on there and sound off about how positive things are looking after the results this season is beyond me. Definitely blowing smoke up the fans' arses in order to sell more season tickets and replica shirts.

I think with the current form the teams in, he has every reason to be positive

I also think he handled the questions on the 'grenade' very badly. I mean, to even laugh about it when that one incident obviously cost us a play-off spot is out of order. The fact he was unrepentant about it also speaks volumes of the fact that this guy just doesn't learn.

Why should he be repentent about the 'hand grenade', I'm sure he feels it was the correct thing to do at the time and he would probably do the same thing again. You cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

The way he seems to enjoy his job and comes over as so affable is definitely the hallmark of a master spin-doctor at work.

I think you will find most football managers enjoy their jobs, and if he is happy in his why not be affable. Or would you prefer Pulis back?

On what grounds exactly? :disapointed2se:

Sorry I should have changed my font!!

Good post Redrocks, agree with you 100% mate.

Are you serious dude? Is this post a wind up?

When he joined we were headed for relegation with a divided squad, a few big time charlies who thought they ran the joint and a p!sshead/soft option culture that had been going on for years.

Why shouldn't he be positive about turning all of that around? Would you prefer he was negative?! :doh:

Unless, as plenty of people believe, the 'grenade' was sorely overdue to give some of our so called senior players a much needed kick up the arse!

Why would he be repentent about doing something that needed doing? Or were you happy with the performances this season prior to that?

We were 23rd when he took over for ****s sake!

The fact that it had such a negative effect he admitted was regretable but he's stuck to his convictions that it needed doing. Admirable in my opinion.

Or he's just an honest, down to earth bloke he is open about his opinions?

Frankly, one of the weirdest posts I've seen on here for a while... and that's saying something!

When he joined we were headed for relegation with a divided squad, a few big time charlies who thought they ran the joint and a p!sshead/soft option culture that had been going on for years.

Why shouldn't he be positive about turning all of that around? Would you prefer he was negative?! :doh:

Unless, as plenty of people believe, the 'grenade' was sorely overdue to give some of our so called senior players a much needed kick up the arse!

Why would he be repentent about doing something that needed doing? Or were you happy with the performances this season prior to that?

The fact that it had such a negative effect he admitted was regretable but he's stuck to his convictions that it needed doing. Admirable in my opinion.

Frankly, one of the weirdest posts I've seen on here for a while... and that's saying something!

Here Here :yawn:

The 'hand grenade' did NOT cost us a play off place. It saved us from relegation.

agree with you on this one mate without the man (gj) we would be looking at where acrrington stanley is bye now

he's on a wind up mate, not quite sure of the point of it though, obviously nothing better to do.

Stop being so cynical, who cares if he's Alistair Campbell in disguise.

Results are what matter and he's getting them! :dance:

So half a season's worth of decent results is nothing to go on? :whistle:

Once again wrong. Firstly, the results went downhill about 4 games before the grenade, and what do you want him to say when we lose so many games so comprehensively? "Never mind chaps, better luck next time?" You wouldn't expect him to say that after the 1st defeat, yet alone the 4th/5th/whatever.

Or maybe he's just a good manager?

How can you possibly justify that comment - we dropped 27 out of 30 following it !

NO WE DID NOT

The 'grenade' incident came DURING the losing run, not BEFORE it. We lost another 4 league games after the 'incident', the last of which was the first good performance we had put in since we lost to Hartlepool in GJ's third game in charge.

How can you possibly justify that comment - we dropped 27 out of 30 following it !

Hello? He dropped the grenade after Southend, not Barnet...

Sorry Gazereth got there first.

I'm not exactly GJ's greatest fan, but I would not go that far! He was hardly going to admit it if he did muck up (Not saying he did or didn't). My only thought was 'I've heard it all before' - Next season is always our big season!

Yep ! - agreed.

For us next season is always going to be great - until it arrives and we are all back to normal failure.

I reserve judgement on GJ and maintain my right to do so based on this season OVERALL.

People say we were 23rd when he took over but how many matches had we played ?

Also if you retrieve the table at that time, others down there have also improved so his achievements are by no means unique !

Also if you retrieve the table at that time, others down there have also improved so his achievements are by no means unique !

They are pretty unique actually. See Madger's threads where he shows the league table of all teams' performances since he took over.

Yep ! - agreed.

For us next season is always going to be great - until it arrives and we are all back to normal failure.

I reserve judgement on GJ and maintain my right to do so based on this season OVERALL.

People say we were 23rd when he took over but how many matches had we played ?

But we were 23rd when he took over!

The players have huge belief in him...... fact

He changed the whole atmosphere at the training ground...... fact

He has been an inspiration and the players cant wait for next year.....fact

:cool:

[attachmentid=290]

But we were 23rd when he took over!

The players have huge belief in him...... fact

He changed the whole atmosphere at the training ground...... fact

He has been an inspiration and the players cant wait for next year.....fact

:cool:

[attachmentid=290]

Actually, the only one that you can say is a fact is that we were 23rd when he took over, the rest are as speculatary as the hand grenade cost us the play-offs, or the hand grenade saved us from relegation.

Its not April 1st is it? Am I still asleep? This post really does take the biscuit. Frankly, what Johnson has achieved this season is little short of miraculous. In six months, he has done what no City manager has managed to do in 16 years. He has turned us from a team of unfit, squabbling, unfocussed timewasters, to a team that plays for each other, that is fit, discplined, organised and hardly ever loses matches. There is every reason to be positive as the results and the performances prove. That he has done this without any major signings is remarkable. The transformation in players like Orr and Woodman shows what good management is all about. The job of a manager - in any job - is to get the best out of their workforce, and Johnson has certainly achieved that. If he can build on what we have seen this season by some good summer signings, and also bring on what may be the best crop of youngsters since the 1970s, then we are well positioned to go places. The fact that not all City fans can see this is tragic.

the originator of this post is ither a gas spy or hasnt got a clue about what the hell has been going on at our club over the last few years.

for gods sake, some times things have to said and issues got out in the opemn before people can begin to work together in harmony. why let things fester so that there is never any unity??

Archived