IGNORED

Jacki Dziekanowski?

JudgeRed

Would you agree Jacki Dziekanowski is to Bristol City fans as George Best was to English football. Ok agree not on the same size scale but on Bristol City alone.

In my eye's Jacki is a legend for Bristol City fans. Just!!!! below John Atyeo who i regret to say i just missed out on watching play for the mighty Reds.

This is just a thought.

:city: Jacki Dziekanowski :city:

Would you agree Jacki Dziekanowski is to Bristol City fans as George Best was to English football. Ok agree not on the same size scale but on Bristol City alone.

In my eye's Jacki is a legend for Bristol City fans. Just!!!! below John Atyeo who i regret to say i just missed out on watching play for the mighty Reds.

This is just a thought.

Totally, bloke was pure class

This is just a thought.

Jacki is a 100% legend. The best city player i have ever seen, and even above Tinnion (the player) in legendary status. Absolutely cheer class, henry-esque, remember some audatios(sp) flicks when we were 4-0 up in some home game, i was about 9/10 at the time, and he is the sole reason why i fell in love with this heartbreaking club. :violin:

In fact....he owes me!! :w00t:

I only saw Jacki play a couple of times due to being an exile and playing rugby regularly in those days.

I think it would be fitting to put a Jacki article on the NetCentre, problem is I know little about him and his time with the club.

Anyone fancy writing one this afternoon that we could publish this evening, could well increase the crowd by a few for Steve tomorrow.

I only saw Jacki play a couple of times due to being an exile and playing rugby regularly in those days.

I think it would be fitting to put a Jacki article on the NetCentre, problem is I know little about him and his time with the club.

Anyone fancy writing one this afternoon that we could publish this evening, could well increase the crowd by a few for Steve tomorrow.

Ask John Motson to do it. In Motty's own words, Jacki was "from another planet"!!!

don't think he was a legend in my mind.

yes a very skillfull player but wasn;t always a

team player.he did score some cracking goals.

will be good seeing him play again and i might even

get a signed t shirt when we are down there

don't think he was a legend in my mind.

yes a very skillfull player but wasn;t always a

team player.he did score some cracking goals.

will be good seeing him play again and i might even

get a signed t shirt when we are down there

agreed.

a great player with bags of skill but a short life span at city,

a legend in my mind is gow, merrick, atyeo, cheesley, ritchie,

players with long service and not just short life span at the club,

but yeah he was a gifted player.

a good player with bags of skill but a short life span at city,

a legend in my mind is gow, merrick, atyeo, cheesley, ritchie,

players with long service and not just short life span at the club,

but yeah he was a gifted player.

My opinion as well - Jackie was a luxury player and very much an individual.Despite all his talent he didn't score that many goals for City.

Gow is my all time City hero.

The fact remains that Jacki was a dazzling player when he performed.

At the level we were at, he was a class act of course, but boy! he made supporting the lads fun again.

Ipswich at the Gate - the flick over his head and two defenders into the box. sublime!!!

He's a legend, just look how he was and is still regarded.

He's a legend, just look how he was and is still regarded.

By you perhaps. I used to think he was a liability. Lets face it, he was basically sacked. One thing is for certain - GJ would have carted him out first of the whole squad.

If we're talking legends then Alan Walsh would be miles above him.

By you perhaps. I used to think he was a liability. Lets face it, he was basically sacked. One thing is for certain - GJ would have carted him out first of the whole squad.

If we're talking legends then Alan Walsh would be miles above him.

Ha ha, sacked by the genius that was Russell Osman! I think that says it all.

(another cracking example of letting a player loose on the management front.)

I just loved the way he (Jacki) played, with an apparent contempt for the ordinary.

I wish there were more players with his individuality.

I don't doubt GJ wouldn't have liked to see such individual flair, that's not his ethos (in my view)

but that doesn't stop me enjoying players like that.

Legend.........mmmmmm not sure.

Not in terms of length of service to the club, but what we did get was good

Without doubt the most gifted player I have ever seen in a city shirt and that is 30 years worth of players in my case.

I will know we have reached headier heights than the 3rd division we currently languish in if I ever see anyone close to him in terms of ability pull on a City shirt again.

I remember a 3-3 draw with Portsmouth (I think on the opening day of the season) Dziekanowski and Andy Cole up front, Jackie scored a cracking volley at the open end (Atyeo end) and ran over to where I was in the Williams to celebrate. I think Cole scored the other two.

I seem to remember Guy Whittingham scoring two (or was it a hat-trick) for Pompey

Without doubt the most gifted player I have ever seen in a city shirt and that is 30 years worth of players in my case.

I will know we have reached headier heights than the 3rd division we currently languish in if I ever see anyone close to him in terms of ability pull on a City shirt again.

I remember a 3-3 draw with Portsmouth (I think on the opening day of the season) Dziekanowski and Andy Cole up front, Jackie scored a cracking volley at the open end (Atyeo end) and ran over to where I was in the Williams to celebrate. I think Cole scored the other two.

I seem to remember Guy Whittingham scoring two (or was it a hat-trick) for Pompey

I remember that game. Didnt Portsmouth fans get in Dolman A and rip loads of seats out? :dunno:

That's one of the games I remember so well too. A lot of the older supporters who remember the good old days will not consider Jacki as a legend because they saw so many gifted AND commited players play for City during the 70's. However, people of my generation who started watching City at the end of the 80's or early 90's will consider Jacki a legend along with the likes of both Taylors, Newman, Tinnion to name a few.

When Jacki and Cole played together (albeit not for a long time) I really couldn't wait for the next game, it was so exciting to watch. I would have paid the entrance fee just to see Jacki alone. Ok, he was not the best behaved off the pitch but, heck, did that lad have talent! That FA Cup game at Leicester will live with me forever, he was untouchable.

A legend in my opinion ,so skillful he could take the p*ss out of the opposition .

I remember the Pompey game & that volley .Also remember some fighting going on in the Dolman as I entered the East End.

Also remember the Leicester game on that icy pitch ,which is where the" Jacki is from another planet" is from .Have the game on tape still ,managed to get my face on the MOTD cameras that day cheering our first goal by Junior Bent.

Legend for the club? Probably not. Cult Hero...oh yes! Still the most skilfull player i have ever seen don the red and white, and by far and away my fav City player. Wasnt here long, didnt really contribute much in terms of success, but what a joy to watch game after game.

Anyone remember away to Wolves when they were re-devloping their stadium. Jacki couldn`t be bothered to run back to the changing rooms during the first half ( he was sub ) for a pee, so he just had one behind the dugout .

Wolves fans were going beserke.

If that was in this day and age, that surely would have been a favourite on Soccer AM.

:disapointed2se:

Anyone remember away to Wolves when they were re-devloping their stadium. Jacki couldn`t be bothered to run back to the changing rooms during the first half ( he was sub ) for a pee, so he just had one behind the dugout .

Wolves fans were going beserke.

If that was in this day and age, that surely would have been a favourite on Soccer AM.

:disapointed2se:

Was that the game we drew 1-1 when Russel Osman scored?

This is just a thought.

an absolute legend!

didnt realies he is still only 36. sign him back up!!!

an absolute legend!

didnt realies he is still only 36. sign him back up!!!

That has to be wrong on the main site, no way is he only 36 - i thought he was 31ish when he played for us.

DOB: 30/09/1962

Hmm, think he was telling porkies when Adam asked his age for the report! ;)

Legend.......heck no! Cult Hero.....Yes!

yet another player who wasted his talent due to his drink issues!.....just think how good he would have been if he didn't drink?

How interesting that the first poster on this thread compared him with George Best?

That has to be wrong on the main site, no way is he only 36 - i thought he was 31ish when he played for us.

DOB: 30/09/1962

Hmm, think he was telling porkies when Adam asked his age for the report! ;)

he must of been 16 when he played in the 86 world cup!

i think jackie is lying!

Archived